All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Finecast Releases for August
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:48 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Shieldmaiden wrote:
GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
And he didn't have to pay the extra cost for finecast.

By the way all, now may be your last chance to get a Mordor Siege Bow for years because 2 of the 3 crewmen also come with the catapult and are going into finecast, but te other and the machine are not so, just like the mounted Legolas when they put the foot version in the Fellowship, the Siege Bow will become unavailable full stop for the forseeable future.

Just gonna throw it out there that I have a mordor siege bow with two crewmen I'd be willing to trade.

I would ask you whether you had a trade thread, and also, which two crewmen do you have? (the pointing one with the sword, the on with its spear pointing diagonally downwards, the one with the hammer, the one with the spear vertically up?)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So can anyone who's placed an order for one of the affected products confirm that they have received it in metal?

I'm having second thoughts about ordering Treebeard now as if I pick one up on ebay it might not be pinned and may be in a state so buying new might save a lot of hassle.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Shieldmaiden wrote:
And he didn't have to pay the extra cost for finecast.

By the way all, now may be your last chance to get a Mordor Siege Bow for years because 2 of the 3 crewmen also come with the catapult and are going into finecast, but te other and the machine are not so, just like the mounted Legolas when they put the foot version in the Fellowship, the Siege Bow will become unavailable full stop for the forseeable future.

Just gonna throw it out there that I have a mordor siege bow with two crewmen I'd be willing to trade.

I would ask you whether you had a trade thread, and also, which two crewmen do you have? (the pointing one with the sword, the on with its spear pointing diagonally downwards, the one with the hammer, the one with the spear vertically up?)

I'll get back to you when I've dug them out.

@Captainofthewhitetower - I ordered Elven Spearmen about two weeks ago and they all came in metal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
So can anyone who's placed an order for one of the affected products confirm that they have received it in metal?

Ordered two blisters of Galadhrim Guard and 2 blisters of Fountain Court Guard last thursday, dispatched Monday and collected in store yesterday, all metal, no problems :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Same here with the gundabad no problems all metal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

5 blisters of galadhrim guard, all metal :D

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Black Guards and Blackshields still metal too (1 blister of each) 8)

Don't expect it to change till next weekend earliest.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Will probably go ahead and order then, even though I didn't really want to give GW any more money right now :x
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've been out of it for a while, but I'm thinking about getting back in with The Hobbit on its way. Just for clarification, aside from re-releases in Finecrap were the last releases the plastic Kataphracts, FC Amdur, Goblin Heroes, etc?

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

No I think the Knight of the White Tower guy (Gondor), a Dwarf Hornblower and maybe a couple other new models in command sets were released since then.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I thought the command sets came out at the same time. Either way, nothing new for the last 5-6 months? That's a shame...

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:23 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I just laughed myself halfway to another hernia at DMS's
Quote:
fartcast
- I had never seen that variation before.

Not boasting folks but I probably have more LotR minis than most people (because I am mad). I have a few GW resins and they look ok (still in their blisters at this point).

Here comes the 'but'.

BUT I have read so many horror stories, particularly about the larger minis like the Great Beast that I am very reluctant to comtemplate buying any more, even if that means missing out on some of The Hobbit minis. When I offer people considerable sums of my hard-earned money, I expect no issues whatsoever. If there is a tiny defect once in a while, I can cope with that. But playing a sort of Russian-roulette game on quality is not what I came into the hobby for. Nor having to spend a lot of extra time correcting defects prior to painting.

Let's put it in terms of other common products: if you bought blu-ray discs and you encountered the same sort of percentage of defects that have been reported for Finecast here and on many, many other forums (and Youtube videos), you would not be a happy bunny at all.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I guess the Sales of Goods Act would apply in the UK and you could take it back to the store for a full refund or replacement.
The mini would not of satisfactory quality if it had unacceptable defect. I can't imagine staff arguing the point if a fuss was made in-store.

==========================================================================================
Satisfactory quality is defined as what a ‘reasonable person’ would regard as acceptable, and takes into account factors such as price paid, fitness for purpose specified, appearance and finish, freedom from minor blemishes, safety and durability. If it becomes apparent that an item is not of the quality you were led to expect, you were not aware of any such defect when you bought it, and you bought from a seller acting ‘in the course of a business’ (i.e. not an informal sale), you are quite within your rights to go back to the retailer, even after some months of use. If a product develops a fault within the first 6 months, the assumption will be that this defect was present at the time of purchase and you will not have to prove anything. If you are returning an item after this 6 month time period, this automatic assumption does not apply, and it may be up to you to prove the fault did not occur through misuse. You should also consider aspect of durability and acceptance.
==========================================================================================
The same applies to stuff bought over the Internet in the UK too with the Distance Selling Regulations adding additional rights for UK buyers.
One of the most important implications of the distance selling regulations is a cooling off period of 7 working days during which you have the right to cancel and get a full refund. The supplier must provide you with details of your cancellation rights, any duty to return the goods should you cancel, and whether you will have to pay for this. In return, you must provide notice of cancellation in writing, which this must be posted, left at, faxed or emailed to the business address of the supplier no later than 7 working days after receipt of goods.

However, if you have bought an item as the result of a successful bid on e-bay, the distance selling regulations (and hence your cooling off rights) do not apply. Neither will the regulations apply if you have bought the item through a private sale with an individual who is not acting as a commercial entity.

If however you have bought the goods as a result of a ‘buy it now’ transaction, or from a commercial trader acting in the course of business, you will be covered, and can take full advantage of your cooling off period.

Under the distance selling regulations, you are quite within your rights to change your mind at any time, return the goods and get a full refund. This means without financial penalty of any kind – such as a cancellation charge or a ‘restocking’ fee. The supplier must also refund any delivery charges paid by you, and any other costs related to the contract. Refunds must be made within 30 days from cancellation, whether or not the goods have been sent back. Any related credit agreements will also cease to exist.

You may be required to pay to return the goods, but you must have been informed of this as part of the pre-contractual information. if the goods are faulty, then under Sale of Goods, the supplier will always bear the cost of returning them.

Under a distance selling contract, a supplier cannot make refunds subject to the goods being returned unopened in their original packaging. One of the principles of the distance selling regulations is to give you a chance to examine the goods at home, not having had a chance to do so in the shop. It would be impossible for you to do this without opening the packaging and trying the product out. Having said this, you will still be under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession, and may be subject to certain instructions such as not to wear shoes outdoors, or remove hygiene seals. But you can never be penalised simply because you did not return the goods in their original packaging.

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GW won't learn until their bottom line crashes. Don't buy inferior products at inflated prices. How simple is that?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well here is a confession. I'm not buying any more LOTRs models unless they take my fancy such as ents. Instead I'm buying forgeworld 40k models a for a small increase in price from the GW equivalent and concentrating on getting my painted standard higher.
I already have far too much LOTR and GWs price increases put me off buying more models that I already own. Now if they released new poses for some models I love then I'd be back in teh game.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just to let the haters of Finecast know (i like the resin models)
that Gw is a profitable company, over the past year they had a decent growth in profit even with all the PR hate and global economic crisis. Sorry to tell you guys but the Finecast is staying they made more money, so people are still buying it and eventually you won't be ale to get any GW products in Metal (unless second hand in which case their prices will climb anyway). This info is freely available on their website (they are a publicly traded company and a sound investment it seems)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
This info is freely available on their website

The CEO of GW addressed the Finecast quality control Issues to the board. GW made a profit despite "The Finecast fiasco".
Quote:
sound investment
:?:
I have some some swamp land in Alabama that would make a great investment. Alligator shoes could make a comeback :lol:

I don't collect plastic. I don't need poor quality resin copies of metal models I already have. GW does not make metal models so they don't have much to sell to me.
Quote:
Finecast quality control Issues

The GW CEO will take care of Finecast or the Board will take care of him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:46 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Phoenix1986 wrote:
Just to let the haters of Finecast know (i like the resin models)
that Gw is a profitable company, over the past year they had a decent growth in profit even with all the PR hate and global economic crisis. Sorry to tell you guys but the Finecast is staying they made more money, so people are still buying it and eventually you won't be ale to get any GW products in Metal (unless second hand in which case their prices will climb anyway). This info is freely available on their website (they are a publicly traded company and a sound investment it seems)

Do not confuse profitable with sound. They have increased earnings but they have ever decreasing year on year sales volume. One of the only reason they remain profitable is due to price increases, but with falling sales volume that is not a sustainable business model. GW could easily price themselves into oblivion. Many people simply will not buy models made of any material that cost too much.

I actually do not care what material the models come in as long as they are not defective. I have many spartan games models ( also resin ), only 1 has had a problem, the rest have no defects. I actually have a love/hate relationship with them, they are incredibly detailed models, which makes them nice to look at, but a real pain to paint.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Phoenix1986 wrote:
(they are a publicly traded company and a sound investment it seems)

So was Facebook once...and look what happened to them. As Jobu says, GW's sales have been falling for years yet their profits remain the same or increased. They havn't done this through better quality models, better ranges or reaching out to new customers. They've done it by aggressive price increases and cost cutting - getting rid of staff in favour of one man stores, cutting the model counts of boxes, switching to an inferior material for Finecast and selling at a significant markup. Its a self sustaining downward spiral - the higher their prices get, the less they sell. The less they sell, the higher they raise their prices.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Typical, no sooner had I ordered Treebeard I receive an email informing me that he's no longer available :-X
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next