All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Release date for hobbit minis?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:21 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

if they do make some in plastic then they'll most likely call it ' ultra-high quality' and make them equal or even more expensive than the current FC prices.

:meh:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I will pay a premium for a series of multi-piece high quality plastic castings . . . of course considering the source I doubt anyone is surprised.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'm still clinging to the hope (based on that rumour from months ago) that the whole range might be in plastic. The plastics from the new 40k box were great and, whilst I wasn't sold on the pose, the leaked Radagst figure was very detailed and looked like it would fit in with the LOTR range.

A boy can dream, I remain an optimist 8)

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

While I am annoyed at the lack of product photos.....sorry but I am dying to see what the minis look like.....I am saving up gift certificates and $$ for the release. I am also trying to clear my workshop.....why did I take so many commissions prior to this release!?!?!?! I fear I am going to be all painted out by the time they are available!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've got a 75 euro giftcard thats burning a hole in my pocket. I'm really hoping for a MoM like starter set. I'll be so happy with a set that includes a new book, the new 'fellowship', some scenery and an evil monster alongside some regular evil warriors. If the heroes (level of detail) are similar to the ones in the MoM set I might think twice though... those are horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Their plastic models have come on leaps and bounds since 2005/6 though so hopefully the quality will be far better. Say what you may about the game, the plastic figs from Dreadfleet last year were, IMO, gorgeous so I'm quite hopeful.

Seeing as we now know that the first film ends with the eagle rescue I think a fairly educated guest is that the box might contain the Dwarf company, Misty Mountains goblins and the Great Goblin along with some goblin town scenery, they might even throw a few wargs in too.

The book will likely be a scaled down version of the rulebook like MOM and, hopefully, a new hardback book will be released alongside the launch. This is long overdue and should ditch all the now outdated profiles, possibly making it smaller as a result and will hopefully not tinker with the core rules to any great degree.

I reckon there will then be a journey/source book released called 'An Unexpected Journey' with the profiles, scenarios, modelling guides etc.

That's what I think/am hoping for, we shall see!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Went into my local GW branch today, all the managers are in Nottingham have a presentation on Decembers Hobbit Launch!

Hopefully more info will start to come out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Forgive me if this is a re-post (I did try and look) but there was a "leaked" list of mini's from GW for the December release. GW denies that it is true though... but it looks GW'y...

http://www.counter-factual.net/upload/s ... hp?t=16133
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Ya, that's REALLY old news. lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Come on GW, where are the sneak peaks or leaked blurry photos? (my favourite) :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Amarthadan wrote:
Come on GW, where are the sneak peaks or leaked blurry photos? (my favourite) :(

Yeah, I'm missing those too.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi folks,
infro from warseer :)
Quote:
So, here is what I heard on The Hobbit release in december. Take with salt, allthough my source was pretty confident, and he should know.

Release of The Hobbit game is scheduled for december 1st, with preorders starting November 24th. New WD should hold all the information, so I'd expect pictures around the 20th.

The LotR tabletop game will be renamed "The Hobbit". War of the Rings stays the same (for now). This is to emphasize on the difference inbetween the two systems. I've heard rumours of a "Battle of the five armies" supplement for War of the Ring, but I would not expect this anytime sooner then the 3rd movie. Probably more an educated guess then a rumour.

The one product for the Hobbit in december (as far as I know we really only get one) is a boxed game in the lines of Dark Vengence and Island of Blood. It contains more miniatures then Dark Vengance [czyli więcej niż 48 - MM]. No definite info on the contents, but 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard should be a safe bet. No words on the opponents. I'm guessing goblins and wargs, with something big the dwarves can steamroll.

The box is supposed to contain scenery.

The box also comes with a brand new rule book. It's a complete new set of rules, though they are probably based on the current rules. Though I am very excited about this, hold your horses. It's still just rumours.

For the time being, the only way to obtain the book ist the boxed set. No hardcover, allthough I'd expect that to change in the future.

Now the downside is the price is located somewhere around 100€. That would roughly put it in the same category as the current Space Marine battalion (check your regional website for price comparison)

There were hints on a limited edition of the boxed set. Worked pretty well for Dark Vengance.

Enjoy, and take it with salt, as always.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Exciting! Dark Vengeance has 48 models, with more models, some scenenery and a new rulebook I think I can live with the 100 euro's.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Bartelomeus wrote:
...I think I can live with the 100 euro's.

i can't :-X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It depends on the contents, without seeing what's in the box we can't say whether or not 100 euros is overpriced. As a starter set I imagine they would price it fairly sensibly to get lots of existing players and new players alike to buy it. If it is 100 euros then I would imagine there will proportionally more models in it (than Vengeance) to cover the cost. I know people are cynical about GW's pricing but I'd be very surprised if the starter box is really unreasonably priced.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

At ~$125 (assuming this is real), I get the feeling that this will have some high quality terrain pieces along with very good plastic minis. Also, I can see there being at least 24 goblins, the Goblin King and 6 wargs vs the 13 dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf. It would be awesome if they included a stone giant in it, although I find that doubtful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have zero interest in new rules, and the idea of changing the name of the game from Strategy Battle Game to The Hobbit really cheeses me off. I hope he's wrong, and it's the same rules with a "The Hobbit" sourcebook. But I'm sure it will still be a "must buy" for the models and terrain.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I've thought for a long time that it should be renamed ‘Middle-Earth: Strategy Battle Game’, but it looks like we'll be moving from ‘Lord of the Rings: SBG’ to ‘The Hobbit: SBG’.

I wonder what that will mean for all the old Lord of The Rings models, things like Rohan Royal Guard would seem odd under The Hobbit branding.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hmm, I really don't like the sound of new rules. The old ones are fine. :roll:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There won't be new rules (as I read it), just a new name. So it'll be TH:SBG instead of LotR:SBG. Doesn't have the same ring to it, if you ask me.

:puppy:
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 41  Next