All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:25 am

Post subject: Re: What evil army should i choose!!?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:49 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I find Umbar is pretty much the perfect counter to Elves and, as an Elf player, I'm glad my local playgroup hasn't caught on. The mix of Black Numenoreans to tie up key units, Reavers to win most combats, and Arbalesters to out-shoot the Elves makes them the perfect counter. Add to that the Knight of Umbar and Dalamyr and you have a very strong(and thematic) force.

Also the detail of the Corsair models is far greater than that of Uruk-Hai who have skin, armor, and leather. The Reavers also make for great conversion projects which enables you to add even more detail.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

General Elessar wrote:
MrMuir98 wrote:
i love to paint so the most detailed one would be good

The detail on all plastic evil models is of a similar standard, except Moria goblins, which is quite poor.

Why? Most of them are very good and Citadel Finecast.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@farinal I do agree with Elessar- the poses for the plastic goblins are 'stock' poses- and those not particularly detailed in comparison to, say, the plastic wood elves. Of course, the goblins were the first plastic evil troops and the basic goblin has never been upgraded- I do believe that is what General Elessar meant.

@MrMuir98- I've always had Isengard- they were my first evil army and, I would say, my best. There is quite a bit of variety there, from quality to quantity- you will want Mahur, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I thought he meant the entire Moria forces. I have the Goblins from Moria box and in fact I was surprised they included a few different poses but yes they're pretty much looking same. But the rest of the Moria models are pretty good if you ask me, a lot of them are finecasts so don't rule Moria out just because of one type of model is kind of boring to paint while the rest is great!