All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: GW 'The Hobbit'!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
Escape from Goblin Town Limited Edition: 100€ (56 figures!)

My educated guess of the contents:
13 Dwarves
1 Gandalf
1 Bilbo
18 Goblins of the Misty Mountains
12 Hunter Orcs
1 Bolg
1 Narzug
1 Goblin Captain
6 Fell Wargs
2 more are remaining?????
Goblin town + rulebook + dice + paints + rulers

Quote:
Hobbit Rulebook: 65€ (288 pages)
Hobbit Paint Set: 35€
Custom Figure Case: 50€

All sounds good, how many pages was the OR rulebook if anyone knows? I only have the mini version.

Quote:
The White Council: 60€ (4 fig box)

Cool, will they replace the old one?

Quote:
The Trolls: 65€ (3 figure box)

Definitely looking forward to these, wonder what the rules will be if they turn to stone! Or maybe that rule will remain only for the scenario? Kind of like the old 'tentacles.'

Quote:
Goblins of the Misty Mountains: 30€ (18 figure box)

I'm guessing this will determine the differences between the new style goblins who wonder the peaks and the old style goblins of Moria. Wonder why its 18 rather than their usual 12. Very excited!

Quote:
Goblin Town: 45€ (scenery set?)

Again, can't wait.

Quote:
Hunter Orcs: 30€ (12 fig box)

I wonder what these are....... makes me excited.

Quote:
Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs: 35€ (6 fig box)

I like that they will differ the different wolves/wargs with fell wargs to represent the north, and just wargs to represent the south.

Quote:
Bolg: 20€ (clampack)
Narzug: 15€ (clampack)
Goblin Captain: 13€ (clampack)
Fimbul the Hunter (ft & mtd): 35€

Again... all awesome!
 Post subject: Re: Release date for hobbit minis?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Totally excited! I wonder what the terrain will be like? I kind of imagined Goblin Town with alot of scaffolding kind of like the furnaces of Isengard.... that'll be hard to do though.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Adanedhel88 wrote:
i just did a little math..well my laptop did
598 euro's worth of new release(dont know it it on other currency..sorry). man my wallet is gonna hate me the next few months. not that im getting it all. but does make christmas present alot easier :-D

Well, they're not getting 600 euro out of me. Largely because I don't /have/ 600 Euro :p Between waiting for payment from various not-much-cop clients and waiting for student bursaries to come in, the kitty is empty. But I do really want the basic sets at the beginning. And a case. Oh holy god and all the angels, I need new cases.

So my 2012-2013 miniatures buying plans (based on said clients paying up/bursaries arriving/stuff) are:
Hobbit set, case, maybe something else.
Big army case
Small army case
Whatever comes out for Rivendell in the second wave of movie miniatures.
Orcs and Goblins as required.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think I'm most excited about the scenery options. I'd love to do a Goblin Town table for our gaming tournaments.

I'm in for the boxed set regardless. The other items I'll probably wait until I see the movie and see which new "army" peeks my interest the most.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sticky Fingersss wrote:

snip...

I'd be shocked if the Great Goblin isn't the "big monster" in this boxed set. The fact that he's not already on my list of releases supports this theory too. I'm thinking the 15 good heroes and then the Great Goblin plus a whole bunch of Goblins and Wargs. Probably will need a captain or two, perhaps there is a named goblin hero.

I wonder if the leaked Radagast model would be the limited edition model. Makes sense that he's on a single sprue... doesn't make sense given the boxed theme though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Don't want to sound like a crazy fan-boy but I'll almost certainly get the starter set whatever the price as it will probably represent a significant saving on all the individual boxes. The big dilemma for me will be whether or not to get the new rulebook as well depending on how stripped down the version in the box is. 288 pages is very similar to the current book as memory serves and If, as I hope, they're stripping out all the outdated profiles/scenarios then that's about 100 pages of all new hobby/Hobbit material that might be tempting. It'll also depend on whether or not it's branded to be re-released next year with the new movie or whether this is the rulebook for the considerable future. The size/cost imply the latter but there appears to be no separate Journey book so I'm guessing all the scenarios etc. for the first film are in there as well?

As for the other stuff I'll probably pick up the trolls as that seems reasonable and maybe some orcs/warg riders. It's interesting that they don't seem to be doing Wargs on their own (yet at any rate) as they play a large part in the book (and film judging by the trailers) but perhaps the kit allows for both possibilities, hopefully they won't have harnesses/saddles sculpted onto them. As for the White Council that will be a giant pass for me, I've already got lovely metal sculpts of those 4 characters and the price is beyond crazy for what are presumably models on foot.

Other than that, surely we'll get the first leaked WD pics tonight right? Surely? Please? PLEASE?

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Quote:
Escape from Goblin Town Limited Edition: 100€ (56 figures!)

13 Dwarves
1 Gandalf
1 Bilbo
18 Goblins of the Misty Mountains
12 Hunter Orcs
1 Bolg
1 Narzug
1 Goblin Captain
6 Fell Wargs
2 more are remaining?????
Goblin town + rulebook + dice + paints + rulers

I think the 2 remaing ones will be Radagast (for the special edition box) and the Great Goblin (to be something big like the cave troll).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I would bet the limited mini is radagast. I bet he will be shown in some way as part of the backstory to gandalf finding thorins father in dol gulder.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Dr Grant wrote:
Other than that, surely we'll get the first leaked WD pics tonight right? Surely? Please? PLEASE?

Been waiting all day :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:09 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ooh bugger, im working saturday..well would give me something to watch and decide about whilst at work. can probably order from there then too..now the wait is on for pics. but one thing does bother me. The White Council..€60 for 4 miniatures..for that money ud expect something more though..maybe a council table or that Rivendell gazebo. to make it a diorama of sorts. otherwise id most definately pass on that set and get in a extra goblin town scenery box.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Maybe Radagast will come later and the limited edition model is Gollum? That would fit the theme better. Just speculation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This;
theavenger001 wrote:
Everything is plastic except the clampacks and the White Council. Yes, the Trolls are plastic.

is great news. Would have been perfect if nothing was Finecast.

I'm dreading seeing the prices in Australia. It's going to be an expensive box set, if Dark Vengeance is anything to go by.

So is the range being released on Saturday, or is it just a preview in WD?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The exclusive figure in the Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance box set had his own textured base attached to his sprue.

I don't remember the Felowship minis in MoM having anything but a standard Slotta-base.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Athelas wrote:
This;
theavenger001 wrote:
Everything is plastic except the clampacks and the White Council. Yes, the Trolls are plastic.

is great news. Would have been perfect if nothing was Finecast.

I'm dreading seeing the prices in Australia. It's going to be an expensive box set, if Dark Vengeance is anything to go by.

So is the range being released on Saturday, or is it just a preview in WD?

Just the WD on Saturday, the actual release is Dec. 1.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Erurainon the Trombonist wrote:
Maybe Radagast will come later and the limited edition model is Gollum? That would fit the theme better. Just speculation.

I agree. It would fit the theme better. But i have no idea where Radagast does fit in story wise (i guess some white counsel assault on Dol Guldur since there is also an armoured Elrond on some other miniatures page).

The Radagast sprue somebody posted does fit in the Limited edition spot tough...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

elliodoc wrote:
Greendragon - maybe you said too much here about giving us a sneak peek when your stock arrives :D Remember, the enemy has spies everywhere (personally I reckon it could be DMS that dobbed you in - what d'ya reackon?) :twisted: *

[I'm kidding BTW, in case it wasn't obvious]

This is blatant trouble causing. I don't particularly find ths funny at all. Joke or not it is a totally ridiculous thing to say and is no laughing matter really. Green Dragon puts his neck on the line to bring us as much information as he is permitted which by the way is a very fine line when it comes to GW and their policies. Stupid thing to say Elliodoc, any more and a warning will be issued.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

And thanks to someone, GW are now keeping tabs on this entire forum to make sure nothing is leaked before its time. Someone sent the link to GW.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

SouthernDunedain wrote:
And thanks to someone, GW are now keeping tabs on this entire forum to make sure nothing is leaked before its time. Someone sent the link to GW.

Lets not even waste time or space on worrying about this. It is more than likely that GW are watching us anyway since the Radagast leak. They were sharp onto us when the picture hit the OR and are no doubt keeping a close eye on the OR threads to see if any more pops up. I am in no doubt that a one ring member has NOT sent a direct link to GW and any sort of witch hunt or name dropping will be dealt with sharply. You have been warned !

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

SouthernDunedain wrote:

Yes, GW has a history of using thing like the DMCA and others to harass and threaten.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well said DMS

I was thinking about the starter set again last night and think that the real variable factor is the scenery included. Up to now I'd just assumed it would be bog standard starter set stuff, a couple of small buildings here and there and nothing to write home about. Then, I started getting excited about the fact that it might be like the old Mordheim set, ie far more buildings with walkways, bridges etc. to run over and hide behind.

Ths came from watching the recent trailers and seeing the sort of landscapes that seem to be prevalent in Goblin town as well as looking at this Lego set:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/10/new-l ... e-secrets/

This is probably just wish listing on my part but the quality/quantity of the scenery included could vastly change how 'worth it' the starter set is.

I really am stupidly excited about this, I feel like an 8 year old again :-)

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 41  Next