All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:27 am

Post subject: My Middle Earth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi everyone on the forum, this is my first time posting on here and would just like to say how pleased I am to find fellow LOTR/Hobbit fans as well as Warhammer fans on what appears to be an excellent site. :) It was the LOTR miniatures that originally got me into collecting Games Workshop products and it has been my main hobby ever since. Despite the more recent increase in prices and the changes to finecast I am still very much dedicated to collecting with my main issue of course being money. I am a student so I rarely get the chance to spend my cash but when I do it is usually on LOTR and now Hobbit miniatures. My goal in collecting is to re-create Middle Earth in a room of my house. My girlfriend has kindly allowed me to do this 8) . I currently have a very large collection of miniatures but as you can all imagine I have some way to go before I complete all the scenery and massive armies in Middle Earth. And with the recent release of the Hobbit merchandise my own goal of having my own miniature Middle Earth looks like it can happen in almost perfect detail. However with this release there was one thing I was not too sure about. I still have many LOTR miniatures to collect but now that the Hobbit has almost taken it's place will Games Workshop eventually stop selling all the LOTR products through lack of demand? I hope this will not be the case for a good long while at least. Can anyone give me any light on what is likely to happen?

Cheers
 Post subject: Re: My Middle Earth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Part of the new Hobbit rulebook is dedicated to LotR minis, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You will still be able to use all LotR models with the new hobbit rules. They do change the way things work a bit but think of the hobbit as a new edition rather than a replacement.

That said, the LotR models may move to direct as some of the finecast and a couple of boxes already seem to have, at least from the look of my local stores.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well done you and you are also very lucky to have an understanding girlfriend. post up a few pictures! And welcome to the One-Ring.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks to all. That all sounds quite good to me and is a big relief that they are not going to replace it.

Dorthonion wrote:
Well done you and you are also very lucky to have an understanding girlfriend. post up a few pictures! And welcome to the One-Ring.

I am very lucky indeed :-D good thing she is also a huge LOTR fan. I will post pictures up as soon as it starts to take shape. Still a heck of a lot to do though. Will have to wait for the Hobbit films however before I can build the Lonely Mountain and other areas in the 3 new films.