All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:50 pm

Post subject: Is Dragon worth it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I saw the Dragon miniature on the GW site the other day and was wondering, even though it costs a whopping 118 bucks, is it worth it :)

Check out my WIP! :meh:
 Post subject: Re: Is Dragon worth it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:41 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Model-wise: hell yea! Gaming-wise: depending on the upgrades you give him. Most people tend to give him Flight and Tough Hide, to make him more survivable and increase his potential reach. But a Dragon with 2 upgrades is costly (point-wise) so I would include him only in 1000 points games. Without upgrades, he is still worth it, and you can squeeze him in smaller games.

I had once seen an offer of 25 euros for a Metal Dragon in a hobby store and I didn't buy him. I still regret this day....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I defiantly say yes! I played a 600 pt games with a 2 upgrade dragon. So it was over half my points. The other half was goblins. Depends on the scenario of course. Luckily I was playing to the death. It was against high elves. The dragon was the last model I had on the board, and over about an hour I hunted down and killed every one of his models. I'm a huge dragon fan.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Constantine wrote:
Model-wise: hell yea! Gaming-wise: depending on the upgrades you give him. Most people tend to give him Flight and Tough Hide, to make him more survivable and increase his potential reach. But a Dragon with 2 upgrades is costly (point-wise) so I would include him only in 1000 points games. Without upgrades, he is still worth it, and you can squeeze him in smaller games.

I had once seen an offer of 25 euros for a Metal Dragon in a hobby store and I didn't buy him. I still regret this day....

Constantine wrote:

Check out my WIP! :meh: