8 Goblins

Durburz
5 Moria Goblins w/ Shield
5 Moria Goblins w/ spear
1 Gundabad Drum

Moria Goblin Shaman
6 Goblins w/ shield
6 goblins w/ spear

Shade x 3 (yes I know they are separate warbands, cba to type it 3 times)

999pts

This list is a potential Throne of Skulls list so theme has taken a back burner here. Going for the massive hoarde style rather than lots of elites. I plan to keep the GG and durburz within range of Fury to keep both of them alive and for their standfasts when the time comes. The shades will hover behind the lines being nasty and hopefully will allow my goblins to win more fights than usual.

Thoughts?

Mid Sussex Wargamers
 Post subject: Re: The Goblin Alliance. 1000pts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not bad in the number department and the shades are sure to get annoying. However, do keep the more poorly armored goblins behind their buddies- otherwise the intelligent good player is going to try and fill the weaker ones with arrows to thin the hordes.

I might drop one shade in exchange for something a little more potent- not entirely sure as to what, but in my experience two well-placed shades can cover a vast amount of the board, so unless you're playing larger than 4'x4' I'd only take two.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You should take some gundabad blackshields so that you have someone to replace fallen drummers. Also, I think 3 shades are a bit much. ou can get a lot of goodness for 100 points.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:24 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Valamir wrote:
Not bad in the number department and the shades are sure to get annoying. However, do keep the more poorly armored goblins behind their buddies- otherwise the intelligent good player is going to try and fill the weaker ones with arrows to thin the hordes.

I might drop one shade in exchange for something a little more potent- not entirely sure as to what, but in my experience two well-placed shades can cover a vast amount of the board, so unless you're playing larger than 4'x4' I'd only take two.

Best of luck!

The good/ bad (depending on how you look at it) point about ToS is that it is only one army per player - meaning good can fight good and evil can fight evil. So not as worried about good shooting as I would be normally. Also, with the new deployment rules and the heroic march it should be easy and quick to close down the enemy. I did contemplate 2 shades, need to test the army and see if I can cover the whole army with 2. I'd probably add in more goblins of some description if I take one out.

The Horde Lord wrote:
You should take some gundabad blackshields so that you have someone to replace fallen drummers. Also, I think 3 shades are a bit much. ou can get a lot of goodness for 100 points.

Dont usually tend to have a problem with dead drummers, like to keep them very safe behind enemy lines with the shaman. Might put in some Gundabads if I take out another shade.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:32 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I like the mixing of Goblins idea. I do think you should take 4 Blackshields. The Blackshield Drummers atre taller models than the Goblin Town Goblins and Moria Goblins so they will need back-up. 2 at the very least.

3 shades is too many, the bonuses do not stack, and you will generally not need more than 2 to cover the designated areas.

Instead if the 3rd Shade, either swap it for a lower level moster so the Great Goblin doesn't get lonely or increase your numbers even further. Either more Goblins if you want to maintain tourney lvel, or if not maybe dabble in some Puppies (Wargs).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Location: Creating an army of the darkest creatures under the mountains of mist...
Take out a shade and add goblin bowmen to help out the lines from far away. You can use them to Climb up buildings to ran down arrows. I found that some Moria Goblin Prowlers with bows are helpful. The 4+ shoot will help out more than any regular goblin bowmen.

My WIP
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27391=50&t=27391
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

67 models at 1000 points doesn't sound like enough, magic has been nerfed so 3 shades seems a bit heavy. Have you considered Barrow wights, their spells haven't been nerfed and were overpowered in the first place anyway?