All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hobbit Feb releases
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

RangerofTheNorth wrote:
The movie is out...and you're on a lotr site..if it was me I would just avoid sites in general till you see it, but really??? There's nothing to spoil assuming everyones read the Hobbit and LOTR and the appendix.

It is a LotR wargaming site. I expect to get new of new releases not film spoilers.

Not everything in the film is in the book or appendices, I want the original material to be a surprise. Plus none of the design in the film are exactly as described int book.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:08 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I agree, lets keep the spoilers in the designated threads.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

King Ondoher wrote:
I agree, lets keep the spoilers in the designated threads.

Well said - stay on topic please

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok, I agree to leave spoilers in the designated discussions, but is mentioning dwarves having mohawks the spoiler we're discussing here? If you've seen the Goblin Town Box Set cover or and of the miniatures in it, you know exactly what over half the characters (and almost every major character) in the entire movie look like. I'm not trying to rock the boat, or start a war with the Mods on here, I just entirely missed what was 'spoiled' about the movie here.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There was descriptions of the fight and who and what characters appeared in that fight along with their descriptions. If you're fine to letting things be, then let them be and return to discussing the February releases. I for one am glad that it appears as January will not have any releases as I am in desparate need of recovery for saving for those future releases. I may even be putting some of my OOP and multitudinous blisters on ebay to support the coming miniatures.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
I for one am glad that it appears as January will not have any releases as I am in desparate need of recovery for saving for those future releases.

:rofl: Have you seen the January releases thread? We're getting giant eagles, and some other things which I can't remember at the moment. :kitten:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Troszkowsky wrote:
Ok, I agree to leave spoilers in the designated discussions, but is mentioning dwarves having mohawks the spoiler we're discussing here? If you've seen the Goblin Town Box Set cover or and of the miniatures in it, you know exactly what over half the characters (and almost every major character) in the entire movie look like. I'm not trying to rock the boat, or start a war with the Mods on here, I just entirely missed what was 'spoiled' about the movie here.

The February releases are nothing but spoilers anyway if you haven't seen the film. And I dont see a single person complaining about knowing what they are now. Heck the starter set is full of spoilers if you really want to split hairs. So maybe others should just avoid the release threads for march, and so on, till they've seen it. Otherwise what's to talk about?

Back on topic I think most of my money will be spent in February, which is also my birthday. I was flipping out trying to figure out how I was going to convert Grimhammers and am over-joyed at their announcement.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

theavenger001 wrote:
IsleStaggerholm wrote:
I for one am glad that it appears as January will not have any releases as I am in desparate need of recovery for saving for those future releases.

:rofl: Have you seen the January releases thread? We're getting giant eagles, and some other things which I can't remember at the moment. :kitten:

Yeah I just saw that thread and did the quick conversion math. Looks like I will need about $180 US. Here's hoping to some GW gift cards for Christmas. I'm not one to complain about releases, been waiting six-years for monthly releases to kick back in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:09 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:
IsleStaggerholm wrote:

Yeah I just saw that thread and did the quick conversion math. Looks like I will need about $180 US. Here's hoping to some GW gift cards for Christmas. I'm not one to complain about releases, been waiting six-years for monthly releases to kick back in.

8) I hope you've been saving your pennies, (or $100 bills with GW's prices) while you wait. :roll:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
theavenger001 wrote:
IsleStaggerholm wrote:

The nice thing with the main releases is that they're not limited runs, GW will have all the plastics from these releases on the shelves a year from now. Even stuff like the Warriors of The Last Alliance that should have been discontinued long ago, and redone is available.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yes, I agree, it helps spread the cost without worrying about not getting them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Amazing sneak peeks on this thread, some awesome minis coming out....
Still itcjing to see the Azog mini though anyone heard anything on that yet?
Seeing as hes a main character in the 1st film youd have thought hed of been released by now as most fans would feel the need to own him....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ste271276 wrote:
Amazing sneak peeks on this thread, some awesome minis coming out....
Still itcjing to see the Azog mini though anyone heard anything on that yet?
Seeing as hes a main character in the 1st film youd have thought hed of been released by now as most fans would feel the need to own him....

Azog was added quite late into the story. It takes a bit of time for GW to do up a sculpt, cast it, package it and ship it. I bet we'll see one April-May ish.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: Honiton, East Devon - In my base, shooting your doodz.
Check out my White Dwarf Jan thread for what I could dig around and find, pre-orders up Friday at 23:59pm

- Model Painting Service also available.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

those new dwarves look awesom just as the elves i wil at least spend more than 200 euros that month :)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Is it very bad of me to say that i might spend some cash on the Dark Angels? ;-)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well based youre choice on the things you need most lately:

- which of youre armies needs most improvements?
- who will you play more often, lotro or dark angels?
- how much money you need to spend on both? and if that money spent will actually end up the needs you have about adquiring those model and finish the army?

if you wanted a mordor army or moria or watever ... and wanted the new orc hunters, maybe buying 2 boxes of orc hunters on warg and 2 boxes of fell wargs and a mounted fell warg characther and maybe you had youre army collection completed.... on the other hand, the same amount you spended in this models could allow you to buy a new dark angels plane and 1 codex, what of this examples should be worth for you, which would you like to get 1st? 1/3 of lotro army done or 200/300 pts plane and the updated book?

or both if you can lol... up to you, but depends on priorities of course :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You are, ofcourse, very right. I'm actually still a bit undecided. In teh case of DA, i would only go for terminators/deathwing (and i already have some of those, and dont need that amny more.... but still). In the case of LOTR,im not sure if i go for completing the collecting for the first journeybook, my last alliance army (and also the opossing orcs) or go for the Hobbit journey, I got the EfGT and 3 trolls, but i really dont feel like buying the big book just for the scenarios (ok, and also profiles)...
luckily I'm not on a limtied budget... o wait... darn, I am ;-)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I also went for efgt and the 3 trolls, really recommend them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well if you guys need anny review of the december release i got almost every thing of it except the finecast goblin captian and the white council (think it is a real money waste). Just pm me
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next