All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:33 am

Post subject: 750p moria/goblin town/azog's hunters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi, I'd like some feedback on a 750 point list. I clearly lack in shooting but I have two heavy hitters in the goblin king and Bill. 47 goblins + any the scribe can produce with a 5+ fury from the moria shaman.

I clearly lack shooting but will that be a huge issue?

The list:

The Goblin King
12 Goblin Warrior
----
Grinnah
12 Goblin Warrior
----
The Goblin Scribe
12 Goblin Warrior
----
William (Bill) the troll
----
Fimbul with Fell warg;
5 Hunter Orc with Fell warg;
----
Moria Goblin Shaman
4 Moria Goblin Warrior with Shield;
5 Moria Goblin Warrior with Spear;
2 Moria Goblin Prowler with Two-handed weapon;
 Post subject: Re: 750p moria/goblin town/azog's hunters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I doubt shooting will be a big issues based on what I've read here... it's been dealt a blow with the -1 to hit when moving and again, from what I've read, you'll be wanting to play to your biggest advantage... which will be numbers... so trying to get as many of your troops into combat as quick as possible should be your goal, trying to overwhelm your enemy with dice in the melee, rather than having troops sit back and fire bows.

(I think!?)

Good luck with your army!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thermo wrote:
I doubt shooting will be a big issues based on what I've read here... it's been dealt a blow with the -1 to hit when moving and again, from what I've read, you'll be wanting to play to your biggest advantage... which will be numbers... so trying to get as many of your troops into combat as quick as possible should be your goal, trying to overwhelm your enemy with dice in the melee, rather than having troops sit back and fire bows.

(I think!?)

Good luck with your army!

Thanks for the feedback. Would it be better to drop Bill or the warg riders for even more goblins? I feel I need something to be able to deal with beefy heroes and if I only have the goblin king he might be put out of play by magic.

The warg riders I would use as a flanking unit but it might be better to get more goblins and just run up the middle with everything?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It's a pleasure, but don't count on my feedback alone, I have zero experience... I just read the forum a lot at the moment!

I don't know anything about the new hunter orcs on fell wargs, although have read many derogatory comments about the old warg riders. Looks fine to me, but what do I know?!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Welcome to the One Ring!

As for the list, the addition of the warg riders is good, but shooting, particularly from elves, might do some damage to your numbers. After all, the normal goblin warrior is not the epitomie of defense in Middle Earth. You want to avoid letting them shoot you by getting into combat asap. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Valamir wrote:
Welcome to the One Ring!

As for the list, the addition of the warg riders is good, but shooting, particularly from elves, might do some damage to your numbers. After all, the normal goblin warrior is not the epitomie of defense in Middle Earth. You want to avoid letting them shoot you by getting into combat asap. Best of luck!

My thought is to advance as fast as possible and rely on numbers and a channeled 5+ fury and try to replenish my numbers with the scribe.

I could get some shooting by dropping a goblin and giving the warg riders some bows but I think that's a waste because 6+ shooting (after moving) is pointless with so few bows. If I ally in more moria goblins it becomes more of a moria list and I like the goblin town goblins.