All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:35 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Hobbit Feb releases
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Went to a GW store today, Bristol, all they had of the new release was the grim hammers and mounted elves! I wanted to buy a few things but obviously no such luck.
It still amazes me, new releases not available in store, what over company would do this?
Sorry, thats my rant over with, just off to order on line.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks, Gothmog! Looks like it'll be an easy enough saw-job, looking forwardvto starting the conversion over the weekend!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The Rivendell Kinghts box contains options for a Captain and a Standard Bearer, not a Commander, and not a Banner Bearer, only options.

The box contains two of every sprues so two casualties, two flag holding arms, two spare lances, 2x3 shields... (and that's also why you can make two Commaders and two Standard Bearers from one box).

For the Standard Bearer you can use the hand with the flag or a simple lance if you don't want a Standard Bearer, just a simple Knight.
All the figures comes in two halves and a front piece. So if you want to make a Commader, use the appropriate pieces, and you have spare Knight side and front pieces, or make a Knight and you'll have the Commander side and front pieces.

I don't think this is a mistake that's how a Multi-Part Plastic Kit works.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Miniman wrote:
I don't think this is a mistake that's how a Multi-Part Plastic Kit works.

Actually now that I look at it again, I believe your correct. I just looked at it again, I think what confused me was the same half x2 but yeah the back of the head and hair are complete, so by looking at everything I got you have the ability to assemble 6 knights with helms, or 5 knight with a captain. The fact I had two of the same halves of the captain I believe is what confused me now in retrospect. So obviously, if I had paid attention and had wanted a captain, I would have used one of the halves to complete one of the 2 halves of the captain and thus had 5 knights and 1 captain. Looking at it this way, if you bought 3 boxes of Rivendell Knights you could assemble 6 Captains as each has 2 halves.

Strange way to organize the sprues though, but most likely it was an attempt to cut out the expense of having an additional mold.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Of course that's ho it works. The sames as the Kataphrakts, you can assemble 2 captains, 2 banners and 2 drummers or 6 regular dudes, or anything in between. I'm several people, including dezartfox have explained this before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

mmm very interesting this way of packaging by GW.

Still I haven't seen any hornblowers of this set yet. even though GW says it comes as an option. How does this work? Does anyone have a photo of the hornblower option?

gotta luv elves!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Of course that's ho it works. The sames as the Kataphrakts, you can assemble 2 captains, 2 banners and 2 drummers or 6 regular dudes, or anything in between. I'm several people, including dezartfox have explained this before.

Yes it was part of my ignorance. Sorry I have never assembled the Kataphrakts so I've never seen multi-part boxes done in this particular way. Every multi-part box I've assembled in the past has been Warhammer fantasy/40k and they don't tend to split the torso down the middle or give you more than one banner. I also haven't read any of the threads that have explained that with the Kataphrakts.

Lorindol wrote:
Still I haven't seen any hornblowers of this set yet. even though GW says it comes as an option. How does this work? Does anyone have a photo of the hornblower option?

Seeing as it was most likely not a boxing issue, it appears that, despite the option for a horn, the Rivendell knights don't have an arm with one and for those that wish to spend the points for one will need to sculpt one.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ha, my mistake as well. I have only had experience with the galadhrim infantry/cavalry as (I suppose) multi part plastic kits. Though not really. Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Now I need to figure out what to do with the extra bodies and weapons....

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Isn't here anyone who can make conversion sets for the Knights (also for the Galadhrim)?
- lance throwing hands instead of the holding hands,
- horn holding hand,
- or horn blowing hand,
- lances for the galadhrim,
- glaves for the rivendell knights,
and so on.
:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Miniman wrote:
Isn't here anyone who can make conversion sets for the Knights (also for the Galadhrim)?
- lance throwing hands instead of the holding hands,
- horn holding hand,
- or horn blowing hand,
- lances for the galadhrim,
- glaves for the rivendell knights,
and so on.
:wink:

If there is I would buy one, I think that every army is over-due a unique conversion sprue and some of the feb releases especially would be good with extra options as mentioned. I think it would be a really good product 8)
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16