All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:33 pm

Post subject: Re: The Hobbit part 2&3 film and profile predictions! SPOILE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

All elves were a higher race than dwarves. I took the scene of Thranduil meeting with Thror to mean that he was pledging fealty or at least his alliance. Thranduil's people didn't need to fight Smaug, they could have offered shelter. The point isn't that they couldn't have fought, it's that they didn't even offer to help. Of course, this is completely different to what happened in the book, but that's besides the point. Erebor was destroyed more like 160 years before the Hobbit, not just 60.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Love that Azog is in the movie which he isnt in the book, very cool interpretation of him and of Bolg too! But cant seem to figure out why pj made Bolg look so old when Azog is his father!? :P Also hoping to see some goblins from goblintown in armor and on wargs as in the book (probably isnt gonna happen).

Besides that im finding it quite funny that Oakenshield in the movie hates Thranduil and his kin because of their refusal to help, when thranduil and his elves didnt even appear at Smaugs sacking of erebor in the book :rofl:

So thrilled to see if Pj includes Balins retaking of Moría in one of the movies!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hürin wrote:
So thrilled to see if Pj includes Balins retaking of Moría in one of the movies!?

I dunno, i'd be pretty bummed if we spend 3 films connecting with Oin, Ori and Balin only for there to be an epilogue in which we see them eaten by the watcher, and slain by goblins/the balrog.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

SuicidalMarsbar wrote:
Hürin wrote:

I dunno, i'd be pretty bummed if we spend 3 films connecting with Oin, Ori and Balin only for there to be an epilogue in which we see them eaten by the watcher, and slain by goblins/the balrog.

How about a short epilogue scene showing them arriving at the doors/gates of Moria with apprehensive looks on their faces as they enter? And (if they entered through the western gate - I don't remember which it was) behind them as they disappear through the doors, the water in the pool is disturbed and we catch a glimpse of a single tentacle? :-D

Then it cuts to some other scene.

Fans who've already seen the LOTR trilogy or read the books will know what happened to them. New fans of Middle Earth will want to know what happened to them and go watch the other films or read the books.

What I would really like to see happen after the conclusion of the Hobbit trilogy and once PJ has moved on to other projects; is for New Line / the Tolkien estate etc to grant licences to small independant film companies to continue bringing Middle Earth to life with smaller scale films, similar to the Born of Hope and The Hunt for Gollum films. That way, we just might get a film showing us Balin's expedition to Moria, the travels of Thorongil (Aragorn in his youth) through Rohan, Gondor and Harad etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah, i would like to see the reclamation of moria, by PJ, but certainly not as part of this trilogy. A standalone reclamation of Moria movie would be aweseome!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

After all Balin and the dwarfes did mine for 5 years before they met the Balrog, should be able to fit in one movie for itself :) Could be cool with just a short clip in the hobbit, It may happen or it may not :sad: but at least hoping for some fan made dwarf movies!! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It would be interesting to see a fan made movie featuring dwarves instead of say elves and rangers. I', hoping that many more fan movies might be made over time.

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think the representation of the Elf/Dwarf conflict in The Hobbit is cinematic goal.

When you make a movie, you have to show the thing you want to express. Thranduil is pretty haughty and greedy. He is your absolute Elvish ruler, arrogant and superior. We see him making a rational decision (not going to fight that damn dragon). At the same time, we can see that rational decision is also coloured by a lot of other issues. We see Thorin looking back, reading the situation as clouded by those same issues, only from his point of view. This is informed by the physical acting.

And, just like that, with ten seconds of screen time, we understand that Thranduil is a bit of a git, that Thorin is brave and arrogant, and that there's old bad blood between Dwarves and Elves that just keeps reappearing.

That's some excellent film-making.