All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:37 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metal Models a dying product for GW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 pm 
Hi,

I ordered the catapult troll last friday, it arrives tomorrow! I asked the GW manager they didn't know, so they called the franch HQ they didn't know either, but they said he wasn'yt on the list of the unavailable stuff! Then they called GW HQ in Nottingham an apparently everything is fine! Even though in other cases, the customer was told after 2 of 4 weeks that his product has been transformed into finecast and asked them if they still wanted them! Si I'm not sure, it may be, that they produce only very small batches of those minis as they aren't bought very much anymore...so they produce on demand. If within 4 weeks there are say 20 of the same mini ordered, they will cast them up plus maybe a few more for stock. I think this is plausible, because I ordered a lot of ruffians for the shire and I always had the same blister with the same 3 minis in it! I asked to get other blisters to be able to collect all the poses, which they couldn't do. So in total I bought around 17 blisters of them all the same. Than after 2 months I tried again and got the minis I was missing the first time...so I think due to my high demand for those they started casting ruffians which eventually lead to the fact that I got all the poses...

Let's wait and see in which way this goes! I hope the metal stuff won't get culled too fast, as I still don't have everything, even after spending several hundreds of euros over the last 1.5 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You can't take your eyes off this for a minute. I was planning to put in an order but may need to rethink it slightly based on that list.

Interesting that the Ambush at Amon Hen set ships within 24 hours but some of the individual components have gone to 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

CaptainOfTheWhiteTower wrote:
You can't take your eyes off this for a minute.

Because the last transition to FineCast was only last September... :?

Seriously guys. Its been stated for months now that the whole range will eventually move to FineCast. If you wanted something that badly there's been more than enough time to get it, and there still is time. If not, there's always eBay.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm 
KnightyKnight wrote:
Seriously guys. Its been stated for months now that the whole range will eventually move to FineCast. If you wanted something that badly there's been more than enough time to get it, and there still is time. If not, there's always eBay.

Well I don't know 'bout you but I'm no millionaire, so I have to wait until I pick something up, or move all the hobby budget for something rarer that I bought somewhere else...so yes even after a year I still don't have everything I want :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@ Gunslinger : I like your theory....I just received a (panic) order of £400 + worth which included 2 x Ruffian Blisters, they had different poses in them. I think the Catapult Troll was showing 24 hours shipping last Friday (Yes, I'm sad and check through every item every day :oops: ).

But would you have ordered this amount of the out-of-stock product in the hope they're casting a few to fulfil mine and other customers' orders? Too risky I feel - though I might just try with one.

Whether or not this has been rumoured for months it would be interesting to hear of anyone who has ordered these obsolescent figures recently and what the outcome was / is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

MungoBaggins wrote:
it would be interesting to hear of anyone who has ordered these obsolescent figures recently and what the outcome was / is.

As has just been said a few posts previously, I ordered an Uruk Shaman and a friend picked up five blisters of arbalesters this weekend just gone, and all were without problem or issue. Whether these were just the remaining stock or otherwise remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

from what I've been seeing on Warseer, the 4 week leadups are for the most part GW honoring sales of models that were available on the website before they were removed and they are casting up for those orders alone. If something is already gone from the website then it's permanently gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I placed an order on tuesday which arrived yesterday. There were various metal items, but the three relevant to this topic were Cirdan, Frodo and Sam (Orc Armour) and Minas Tirith Command 2. All three blisters came in metal so if you order now you should still get them in metal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@CaptainOfTheWhiteTower : Many thanks for the info. I notice another chunk have gone completely (such as Arnor Command and Corsair Arbalesters and Tirith Command 1). So we should now be happy that those showing the 4 weeks are currently OK to order, without a fear they may deliver bubble-cast by mistake :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Perhaps I can add a little more detail to this thickening plot.

A little while ago I ordered 8 of the Mahud Raiders...I had to wait four weeks for them...and they said "ships in 24 hours." When they arrived, they were metal. Clearly they just had to custom do up a batch just for little ol' me. This was shortly after things started disappearing from the website...like the Mahud King that I had to pay a small fortune for on eBay...if only Mahud weren't so hard to find on eBay I'd be much happier...

Given that it's now been at least 6 weeks since the Mahud King came off the website, I'm not so sure if they are going to finecast it or not...very disappointing...still looking for the chieftain by hook or by crook,though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I do not believe they ever made a Mahud Chieftain. It's looked to me to be a converted Haradrim with spear. They chopped a head from a Mahud, and used a Mahud shield on him. I have started mine, but am reluctant to sacrifice a Mahud just for his cabeza.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I agree, it was at a time they GW were doing a lot of conversions, yours is looking good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There was the original Mumak Mahud. He was the first hero and even, the first Mahud model altogether. He would have made a good Chieftan, just stick a weapon in his left hand. I bet he'd look great with a spear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well on that note I may as well show my beastmaster conversions dating back to 2008, if that was when harad came out

It is such a beautiful sculpt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That scorpion banner looks really cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Your right Gungehog, beautiful sculpt, your conversion looks good, any chance of a clearer picture?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

sadly thats the best pic I can do for while, as I am having serious technical difficulties with my camera, I will try and post more pics of conversions at some point, one that is interesting is the left over bits from the mahud raider torso and the legs of the mahud beastmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Rangefinder wrote:
I do not believe they ever made a Mahud Chieftain. It's looked to me to be a converted Haradrim with spear. They chopped a head from a Mahud, and used a Mahud shield on him. I have started mine, but am reluctant to sacrifice a Mahud just for his cabeza.

That conversion looks nice! If you dont want to swap the head, you could just cut/scrape/file off the turban?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I might go for it. Tried before and it looked like Brainiac...
It needs a lot of work, the greenstuff job is a bit rough.
I will get back into painting/modeling this winter.

My goal is to have my entire Mahud Wartribe painted this spring.
And the Host of Karna in the background.
It's a slow tedious task.

On topic here, again, I think it's crazy the Mahud with Blowpipes are gone.
I really can't see them releasing them in Finecast. Since they have been
knocked down in power with the new rules, seems a tough sell.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:07 am 
Oh my god that army looks incredible...most be tons and tons of white metal miniatures! Awesome!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next