All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:26 am

Post subject: Re: New to game and Forum
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Creaky wrote:
Definitely.

I love video games, I really do, but I know that in 20/30 years I can look at a (hopefully) glorious collection of miniatures that I've assembled, painted, gamed with and continue to game with - long after the games of today are little more than a memory.

That hope - of one day being able to look back on this with pride and affection, is one of the things that keeps me going, keeps me playing and painting when some damned fool comes up with a price rise, or something. Can't get that with many other hobbies. They exist in the moment - miniatures can last forever. :D

Thats a good point also i do feel Videogames are not moving forwards... same sh1t different day
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

whafrog wrote:
Welcome to the game and the site! Hope you continue to enjoy both :)

Thank you very much :)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I do feel that I have absolutely nothing to show for Sonic the Hedgehog (back in the early 90's) and the same goes for C.O.D. and Lego Batman recently,the same cannot be said for my LOTR/Hobbit collection which gives me regular pleasure. In particular the more tricky conversions and the miniatures that I have pulled out all the stops to paint!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The sort of video games I enjoy normally enjoy require at least 50-150 hours to complete but I only play one or 2 new ones every year so the amount of time I spend playing video games doesn't waste a large portion of my time. Granted the're RPG's but there not on-line so I don't have to keep paying them as an obsession because once the story's over and you've beaten the level 120 mega boss there isn't much left to do apart from go through new game+.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just remember that this forum is different to the world of MMORPG's and general online gaming community , in that it is "family friendly" so i would perhaps use this tip: Try to limit your use of rude words / swear words in the form of expression. It is very easy to join this forum thinking its like other ones but it is not. I think the reason being is that while adults use this forum , so do kids of a young age. Hope that helps :)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

RefluentMonk wrote:
Just remember that this forum is different to the world of MMORPG's and general online gaming community , in that it is "family friendly" so i would perhaps use this tip: Try to limit your use of rude words / swear words in the form of expression.

Indeed, and thanks for the heads up… post edited.

@warg rider, there are plenty of kids here, so keep it cool… :)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey i dont recall cursing too much but i did take this note in :) calm down all :D
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:21 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

RefluentMonk wrote:
Just remember that this forum is different to the world of MMORPG's and general online gaming community , in that it is "family friendly" so i would perhaps use this tip: Try to limit your use of rude words / swear words in the form of expression. It is very easy to join this forum thinking its like other ones but it is not. I think the reason being is that while adults use this forum , so do kids of a young age. Hope that helps :)

I took a quick look. it seemed i did get a tad over excited :D edited :)