All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:19 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Gundabad Orcs in FC boxes of 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:09 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Isengarder wrote:
I dont know guys did you noticed, but there are some Gundabad/Dol Guldur warg riders shown in the movie (at the very start of the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqsiWmkBpM

Armored warg riders?

Hmm... they seem to riding at the head of the column, like outriders or scouts.

A bit fuzzy to tell if they're armoured or not, but you very well may be right.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I hate FineCast as much as the next person, especially assembling, but I am still going to get at least a Warband. Hopefully it will be resin, not metal. The only metal I've liked more then resin was my fellowship (great metal set)

-Clone Cadets Echo and Droidbait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:58 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Isengarder wrote:
I dont know guys did you noticed, but there are some Gundabad/Dol Guldur warg riders shown in the movie (at the very start of the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqsiWmkBpM

Armored warg riders?

Dont hold your breath. If its not in the book do not think that they will make them. The movies mean nothing in terms of actual production.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Metal is so much better than finecast apart from with big monsters like the dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:45 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

N00bie_Boy wrote:
I hate FineCast as much as the next person, especially assembling, but I am still going to get at least a Warband. Hopefully it will be resin, not metal. The only metal I've liked more then resin was my fellowship (great metal set)

They haven't made anything metal since about 2010, so no worries there lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Dr Grant wrote:
The only way to support this game and convince GW to keep it going as long as possible is to buy the figures. If the Gundabads are FC and 3 for £15 I'll be miffed but I'll still pop down to GW and pick up 12 for Bolg to lead. Creaky summed it up best in another thread. In 10 years time when GW are no longer producing SBG I'd far rather have a cool collection than look back and regret that I missed out on some cool figures because I was trying to stop the machine.

Exactly this. When I became disillusioned with GW's business plan and code of ethics around four years ago I started my own personal boycott and bought absolutely nothing from them for a long while. Eventually though, I got over my resentment and have since bought up my remaining needs to complete the entire lotr range. Now much of it is oop I am so glad I made that decision! I'm still trying to catch up with the Hobbit stuff but it's an achievable goal now at least. I'm also a lot more interactive at my local GW too, which is largely due to my sons interest in 40K.
Whether GW makes figures from Metal, Resin or Plastic, I really don't care anymore. I will buy them all regardless, the only difference being a slightly larger hole in my bank balance. The only way to keep GW making Hobbit minis is to keep buying them. Doing the opposite will mark the beginning of the end. I have come to realise that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Completely agree ukfreddybear, my story mirrors yours, actually I'm pleased with the current lack of releases at the moment, helps the bank Balance (or lack of!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Uhm, that sounds a bit like a crack addict, I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Why? Because I want a complete set when all is said and done? Lots of people collect things. Its not an addiction. More an obsession really.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I too don't equate wanting a complete set to an "addiction". It's being a completionist. I'm one myself, but in this game I'm settling for completing my factions and having versatile and playable ones in all the others lol.

But again to return to the thread topic. Regardless of the number of Orcs we will get in a pack, I'll be buying at least 12, if theyre in plastic sets of 8-10 then I'll get at least 24.I want to be able to field a pure Gundabad force with Bolg at the helm and lots of Gundabad orcs and Gundabad Goblin Blackshields

MiniWargaming

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thao wrote:
Uhm, that sounds a bit like a crack addict, I'm sorry.

Crack addict no, don't even drink. Completest yes, obsessed yes, and have been for years and obsoultly love it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I placed an order last night for a $600 chunk of models, Lake town eating most of that, I spent $800 total this month. So Fine Cast has not stopped me, just means that I get less for my money until they stop making models. I however did not buy anything in December or January, I wait it out, really look at what is coming out and then buy when I really know how many of each troop I will want when all is said and done. I do this about every 3 months (usually only spend $400 though, I splurged because of tax returns).

I am with UKFB and Harfoot. I work steady, I pay my bills on time, I am not a child, and I don't have a lot of other costly interests (like Iphones, cars, Bikes, Tools or sports stuff) so the money my friends spend on what they like is about the same as what I spend on my hobby. I think I still spend more on my daughter than my hobby, and she is only 3 so that cost will only go up. :-D

So when these Gundabad horrible design, really bad idea for an orc ridiculous models finally come out I will buy enough for a solid contingent of them (24-32) and I will not regret it, instead I will be happy to have them in my collection when I paint them over the next 10 years. The 'machine' will stop making models for LOTR/Hobbit without anyone's help or boycott. The list of potential releases is smaller each year and the interest will only hold for a bit longer after the film.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

My 36 laketown warriors says I will need to stay very quiet around my girlfriend for a week or two.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

cereal_theif wrote:
My 36 laketown warriors says I will need to stay very quiet around my girlfriend for a week or two.

Ditto! I think I'll need to send my planned order to my parents' house in case she's at my place when the postman comes! :lol:

She doesn't mind the hobby (and is much more interested in it than my action figure collection) but I'd still rather not admit how much money I'm about to spend...

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Only a fools hope but maybe we will get a box of 6 plastic miniatures? The plastic miniature boxes are geting smaller in quantity.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

That's what I've been hoping all the time, Imladris.
If they are plastic, I will be very happy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Now that we know that week 4 is a bust. I wanted to mention that this weeks Knight that are 8" tall and have some nice details for a 40K mech... but doesn't GW realize that I can get a fully painted, fully detailed, fully articulated for various poses, all for less that $15... but they are selling an unpainted, un articulated, un assembled 8" figure for $140. They really should think out side the box. Even though I love making models, with something this big I would appreciate a painted action figure of it instead, even unpainted action figure for $15 would be a welcome bargain. And Hasbro makes quite a bit of money off Transformers for $20 and those are painted and detailed... Just saying, GW needs to take these very open options... and who knows they may even break into the action figure collector market. I collect action figures. Wake up GW.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sorry to go off topic, but just looked at the Imperial Knights, £85 for 3 plastic spures :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

They are massive though. What did you expect? It bewilders me how people are still shocked by GWs prices. Everyone here knows this isn't a cheap hobby. I think this topic has run its course and is heading for another criticism of GWs pricing policy. We are veering off on a tangient. Locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5