All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Releases
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:25 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I cant believe people dislike this Galadriel.....its fantastic.....opinions are what they are I guess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
I cant believe people dislike this Galadriel.....its fantastic.....opinions are what they are I guess

The photo i saw wasn't very good quality so I'll reserve full judgement for now but I didn't have the initial wow response i was hoping for. That could also be the quality of the paint job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I personally like this Gladriel, and if I was doing an elf army I'd get her right away. Similarly if I was doing Isenguard and wanted a Saruman. Elrond's a bit wonky, and I'd rather get the foot and mounted version, but I still like the sculpt.

That said I am focusing too much on making my Angmar force to care about anything Good. Or well, anything that isn't Angmar, for that matter.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm loving the White Council. I think the only issue with Elrond is the angle of the photo, and Galadriel's sculpt is great, just a let down paint job there. Saruman is fantastic, and i can't wait to get him.

The Radagast model is kinda goofy looking. The way he's sitting on the eagle makes no sense and I can just see him falling off backwards. A pity they re-used the top half of the Radagast on sleigh rather than sculpting something new, but I'll get the model anyway for completeness. All they had to do was have the eagle in a pose more like Gwaihir's, and have Radagast leaning forward and holding on instead of leaning backward.

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Last edited by Blue Dragon on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Aye, Elrond is one of those models that has to be seen from a few angles before I can say whether that's an incredibly dynamic or very strangely posed model. Looks rather nice. Galadriel is one of those models that has to be seen in a proper paintjob (or unpainted) first. Saruman, finally.. well, I don't think it beats the old Escape from Orthanc version, but otherwise looks good.

Radagast is just boring. The most straightforward conversion possible would look exactly the same.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I liked all of them especially galadriel. We need to wait until we see a better pic. Would I be paying a lot for them? Probably not as I feel the ranges price and the material (being pence to produce) is over inflated but I may break for the white council
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I saw new White Dwarf, Elrond looks nice, allthough all pictures of him are from same angle. Galadriel is bit less weird looking now that i saw actual colors, but not very good to me. Saruman is ok, looks better than in that leaked pic.

Radagast is definitely same model as in sleigh and eagle is straight from that plastic box, just in bit different angle.

There is also Fall of necromancer scenario in that magazine and picture illustrating it used original Ringwraith models and it tells you to see Mordor sourcebook for rules for them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Purely the paint job. I may have been a bit hasty. Not totally mad on elrond, but I may wait til I see the final piece. Saruman looks good but again, there's not much more can be done with him, He's ientical in all the movies more or less.

Eric wrote:
There is also Fall of necromancer scenario in that magazine and picture illustrating it used original Ringwraith models and it tells you to see Mordor sourcebook for rules for them.

The end is nigh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The Lord of the Rings will live on forever. There is no end lol

All releases look like fun to paint and thats the whole point. Yep JT put me down for the lot.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It looks like GW just did a swap of the eagle wings from the plastic kit in order to get the one radagst is riding. The radagast looks entirely different, pants etc.
I am holding judgment until I see better pics, I believe saruman has potential, galadriel with vial probably has the bane rule, and elrond is just too dark in the pic to get a good idea of his potential.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

personally i don't like the paint scheme on Galadriel or the bare legs, would have prefered something closer to the War Aspect version

But both Elrond and Saruman look brilliant, suitable for a more aggressive White Council

Trade viewtopic.php?f=38&p=378479#p378479
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I actually really love all of these sculpts. The Galadriel one is hampered in the picture by truly shocking paint job, has the painter even seen the movie! Dreadful colour choices and ghastly style. But I think the sculpt is basically pretty good. The Saruman and Elrond are excellent action poses... at last BOTFA release i may actually buy!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Alatar of Rhun wrote:

But both Elrond and Saruman look brilliant, suitable for a more aggressive White Council

You get this already with the Lotr white council and the stand alone Elrond model that now comes with Gil-Galad.

Can't really judge these models based on a pic off of a magazine. Even if these models are great they would be last on my priority list, they're basically in the same getup that we've seen before. I'm waiting for an armoured Azog, at least he would look different, not just the pose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

mikeland wrote:
I actually really love all of these sculpts. The Galadriel one is hampered in the picture by truly shocking paint job, has the painter even seen the movie! Dreadful colour choices and ghastly style.

Couldn't agree more about the recent level of painting for the Hobbit figures that are being released. I just don't like the style.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Okay I found nothing on google, would it be illegal to post a link or has the Sauroninaty forbidden those as well?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Toxic wrote:
Okay I found nothing on google, would it be illegal to post a link or has the Sauroninaty forbidden those as well?

Lets play it safe and say no links either please. It won't be much longer and we'll all be able to see them officially. Not worth the risk to the One Ring guys. We've had trouble before over a certain Ltd Edition Radagast pic which the big GW spotted. Was not pretty i tell you.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
Toxic wrote:

Lets play it safe and say no links either please. It won't be much longer and we'll all be able to see them officially. Not worth the risk to the One Ring guys. We've had trouble before over a certain Ltd Edition Radagast pic which the big GW spotted. Was not pretty i tell you.

I heard from a store manager a few years back that GW takes little image leaks like this seriously. I remember when the leaks came from GW to tease us -_-

Anyway I guess I can wait, good forces aren't that interesting to me :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Some of you people are driving me crazy. The whole new white council set has great poses. The painting on them are nice as well.

Yeah galadriel isnt the same as the movie. How many work in progress threads stray from the films and look wonderful!?

Anyway I think through email it would be allowed yes? I have the photo but IDK if I can offer to share it with everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Anyway I think through email it would be allowed yes? I have the photo but IDK if I can offer to share it with everyone.

PM is fine. Just keep them off the boards. Thanks

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yes sir will do. You guys heard it. If youd like, pm me your email and you can see the models.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next