All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:32 pm

Post subject: Gondor 600 pt army
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi guys first post !! im quite keen on minas tirrith gonder themed armies and such own a fair few of the models however i am new to the gaming aspect of the hobby. i have arranged 2 list but would greatly appreciate it if i could gain some much needed advice!! models i do not own i will more than likely look into purchasing so there is no restrictions there, however i would like to maintain the gonder theme of the army !!

i am looking to put together a 600 point army and this is what i have so far, any advice is great thanks in advance !!!!!!

captain of minas tirith with horse, lance and shield
6 knights of minis tirith with shield

boromir captain of white tower with shield
12 guard of the fountain court with

damrod
6 warriors of minas tirith with shield
6 citadel guard with longbow and spear

or

cirion
6 guard of fountain court with shield
6 warriors of minas tirith shield spear

beregond
6 guard of fountain court shield
6 warriors of minas tirith shield and spear

damrod
10 rangers of gondor

faramir armoured horse shield and lance
6 knights of minas tirith with shield
 Post subject: Re: Gondor 600 pt army
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I like the look of the second one more: IMHO Boromir CofWT is too expensive for a 600 point list, I feel he comes into his own in higher points games where you can get him on horse with a lance and shield, then he becomes a beast. Perhaps take the spears of the basic warriors and give them to the rangers, then you can have a front line of MT warriors supported by F4 Fountain Court and get F4 support from the rangers if you need it. I would also take Madril over Cirion; D6 and a shield is alright but he'll get wounded on 5's by S4, as will Madril. I also find Madril's special rule to be more useful across the scenarios. Also, have you not given Faramir heavy armour or is this a typo? If you haven't got the points then drop the shields on 5 of the knights and buy him the heavy armour, D7 over D6 is a huge boost, whereas the D6 to D5 for the knights is still 5's to wound for S4. Hope this helps.
 Post subject: Re: Gondor 600 pt army
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I like the first list quite a bit. Boromir might seem expensive for 600 pts but I've had great success with him even at 500 pts. He is hard to stop with his D7, 6 might/fight and 3's in all the right places.

I would recommend finding the points to upgrade the Captain of Minas Tirith to Faramir (heavy armour, shield, lance and horse/armored horse). He is a fantastic mid-range hero and does a great job leading cavalry. For some more tips and tricks on Gondor check out the DCHL video on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prAg8QqQdYk