All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:28 pm

Post subject: Help with Militia
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys,

Looking for models to make up a militia of any village/town. I would go with the Lake Town Militia, but they come in packs of 3 for $15 :( . So I was wondering what models would be good replacements. I was thinking Corsairs maybe, since they look pretty rugged and rag-tag, but also know of multiple ranges of historical minis, just don't know where to start.

Any help is appreciated :rofl:

Post subject: Re: Help with Militia
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Gripping beast's Dark age warriors.
Hassle Free minis has some single models which can fill in.
Warlord Games Celtic warriors
Perry brother's minis has armed pilgrims from their crusader line and armed civilians in some of their medieval lines, just dig. Fire Forge Russian city militia is another one.

For my militia force I have a small number of official GW minis, Gripping Beast civilian women (who have been outfitted with bow/spear bits), Gripping Beast dark age warriors (I am going to add press moulded shields taken from the warriors of dale set), Warlord games celtic warriors and Celtic women (also outfitted with bows and spears), and eventually I am going to buy some of the Perry brother's armed peasants line.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

jdizzy001 wrote:
Gripping beast's Dark age warriors.
Hassle Free minis has some single models which can fill in.
Warlord Games Celtic warriors
Perry brother's minis has armed pilgrims from their crusader line and armed civilians in some of their medieval lines, just dig. Fire Forge Russian city militia is another one.

For my militia force I have a small number of official GW minis, Gripping Beast civilian women (who have been outfitted with bow/spear bits), Gripping Beast dark age warriors (I am going to add press moulded shields taken from the warriors of dale set), Warlord games celtic warriors and Celtic women (also outfitted with bows and spears), and eventually I am going to buy some of the Perry brother's armed peasants line.

Awesome. I really like the look of the Dark Age Warriors. Also, do you know of anywhere I could get some merchants and maybe like a cart for trade caravans?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Gripping beast and warlord games hail caesar range.