All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:27 pm

You think this is a good profile youre going to try?
Omg, yes! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Omg, no! 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
yeah... 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
naah... 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Corsair wrote:
Quote:
Its says so in the edited first post ithink, what exactly do you ask about?

the new device from apple - "It'll do the thinking for you!"

:P

Whats with everyone loving my post here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Azure Rathalos wrote:
If I were to make an Assassin up for LotR, I'd give him an elven cloak, no armour, some cool named poison that acts like a morgul blade (with more than one attack/use) and a special rule that allows him to start hidden (like ambushers from WotR but allowed to charge)

Stats wise I'd go for the high Fv, C and S, but only 2 attacks and wounds, 1/M, 3/W, 0/F, maby a high move rate, also they sould have no "Stand Fast!", they don't make great leaders :lol:

But thats IMO, as to me assassins are a one hit wonder, they run in, kill some one inportant and then get the hell outa there! :-D

All the other trinkets would add weight, slowing the assassin down

You know, thats a really good idea :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks, so the stats would be something like:

Pts 80
M 8
Fv/Sv 6/-
S 4
D 3
W 2
A 2
C 6

Mt 1
W 3
F 0

Weapons/Equipment: Envenomed blade and elven cloak

Rules:
The blade unseen: the Assassin is not set up with the rest of the force, but instead he starts hidden in a peice of terrain, note down which peice before the armies are set up but after deployment zones are desided. He may be reveiled in any move fase after the first and act normaly from that turn on.

Hired blade: The Assassin cares not for his "allies". He never gains bonuses from freindly models (banners and such), however he still has to take courage tests if the force is broken. Note, no model can use the Assassins "Stand Fast!".

Envenomed blade: attacks from an Assassin count as being made by morgul blade with no limit on the amount of times it can be used (the Assassin is well prepaired...)

The prey is found!: at the start of any fight fase, before any dice a rolled, the Assassin my expend a will point, if he does so increace his Fv and S by 2 for the remainder of that turn, he also counts as being in range of a banner. The Assassin unleashes all his fury to kill his prey...

The land is my ally: the Assassin is not slowed by terrain and gains +1 bonus to all climb and jump tests he makes.

I know thats not loads of points for his abilities, but he has many drawbacks (such as being easy to kill) to keep him ballanced.
What do you think?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Fight SIX?! :? AND he can bump it by 2?! I think that's far OTT. As well as the terrain rule (not even Elves, the most dextrous of beings have something like it in the SBG.) The Envenomed Blade is off as well. The very nature of a Morgul Blade was that it NEEDED to be broken to kill its' victim. The killing was done by a small piece of the blade that snapped off. Give him a normal hand weapon and a one-shot Morgul Blade. He can kill any enemy troops that get in his way with his regular weapons, and his true target gets the Blade.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Unlimited Morgul blade? That's WAY OTT. It's 10 points for ONE use for the Witch King. How many times do you think it'll get used in a normal battle? That rule is worth 30-60 points on its own.

Consistent pattern: everybody wants to make the uber-hero, but don't want to pay the points.

Even taking out the Envenomed Blade rule, the fight is too high, so are some other stats for the points. Low defense doesn't make up for any of it, and I don't see any other "drawbacks".

But I confess I like the gist of this profile.

Fight should be 5 and Courage 4 (assassins aren't know for their courage), take away the Envenomed Blade rule, give him Stalk Unseen (like Elven Cloak), then maybe change The Prey is Found! rule to something like:

Adds +1 to his Fight roll, and model being attacked counts as trapped (for the assassin's attacks only). An assassin can not use this rule if he is in a fight with more than one enemy model. However, he can join his friends attacking a single model.

Maybe give him 4 Will...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like it, it beats my idea :-D
Although he cost way to little, just look at faramir or hasharin :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Honestly, this is a really cool idea, but an assassin like that is just too over-powered. :( Nice try though.

HEY, I've got an idea! Why don't you make the profile almost identical to the Hasharin, but add a special rule thats like the Deep Strike rule in 40k! So basically, the model is a Hasharin that waits in hiding somewhere on the battlefield and jumps out when the target hero comes close! :-D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I did go OTT, but being def 3 is a big draw back! if he gets hit twice he's dead, twice. Plus, I never said the Assassin was a human... still you're right, lol (I've now had more than 5 hours sleep) so I'll think up an altenet (and fairer) Assassin.

I think I'd stick with the crazy Fv, but only when in combat with a targeted hero (maby one selected before the battle starts), as for the morgul blade thing, Castellions have the same rule (namely no use limmit of thier morgul blades)

The only problem with this Assassin idea is they have a target to kill, how many points should you pay for a guy that runs in kills one model then is wasted for the rest of the battle? (not to mention, he might not even get to his target!)

Still I've got a few ideas 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, taking everything in, hows this:

M 6
Fv/Sv 5/-
S 4
D 4
W 2
A 2
C 4

Mt 2
W 3
F 1
Equipment: Envenomed Blade, Elven Cloak.

Special Rules:
Woodland creature

Envenomed Blade, attacks made by the Assassin are poisoned (re-roll 1,s to hit)

Vital Strike, the Assassin may expend a will point at the start of the fight fase, if he does so, count his attacks as being made by a morgul blade.

The prey is found, pick one enemy hero before the game starts to be the Assassins target. add +1 to the Assassins dice rolls to win fights envolving that hero and +1 to dice rolls to wound directed at the hero.

The land is my ally, the Assassin may start the game hidden in peice of terrain after the forces are deployed, note down where he's hiding before the battle begins. He may move from that terrain and act normally in any turn after the first.

55pts on the stats of a Dunlad Chieftain with +1 Fv, 10 for woodland creature 25 for vital strike, 15 for the prey is found and 20 for The land is my ally.

Does that sound better?
it does to me 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Azure Rathalos wrote:
I did go OTT, but being def 3 is a big draw back!

Not really. It doesn't make up for 50 points of Morgul Blade. Besides, most heroes have a base defense of 4...

I like the new profile :yay: except now he costs so much, I'm not sure I'd field him :sad:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hmmm, nice, but as whafrog said he's a bit costly for just taking out a hero or monster, so I would do something like this:

assassin
Cost: 100
move: 6"/14cm
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4 4 4 2 2 4 1/3/1
equipment: Elven cloak, dagger with Envenomed Blade,

Special Rules:
Woodland creature, see main rulebook

Vital Strike, the Assassin may expend a will point at the start of the fight fase, if he does so, count his attacks as being made by a morgul blade.

kill at all costs, the assassin will try and kill it's target at all costs even if it means using a risky distraction. If the assassin is in base contact with a friendly model after priority is resolved and before any movement has occurred the assassin can remove the friendly model. If a 3+ is rolled all enemy models within 2"/4cm must take a courage test, every model that fails must move their full move away from the assassin and cannot move in that turns movement phase. This represents the assassin throwing a rock or doing something too distract the enemy models.

Theres only one might as assassins are not heroic or very good leaders. By the way, I like your special rules names. :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I understand how your last rule works, but why do you have to remove your own model :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

theavenger001 wrote:
Hmmm, nice, but as whafrog said he's a bit costly for just taking out a hero or monster, so I would do something like this:

assassin
Cost: 100
move: 6"/14cm
F S D A W C M/W/F
5/4 4 4 2 2 4 1/3/1
equipment: Elven cloak, dagger with Envenomed Blade,

Special Rules:
Woodland creature, see main rulebook

kill at all costs, the assassin will try and kill it's target at all costs even if it means using a risky distraction. If the assassin is in base contact with a friendly model after priority is resolved and before any movement has occurred the assassin can remove the friendly model. If a 3+ is rolled all enemy models within 2"/4cm must take a courage test, every model that fails must move their full move away from the assassin and cannot move in that turns movement phase. This represents the assassin throwing a rock or doing something too distract the enemy models.

Theres only one might as assassins are not heroic or very good leaders. By the way, I like your special rules names. :D

i like the profile, but you might want to leave out his evomited blade, as he already has a special weapon/rule to kill his prey(Vital strike), and he woundn't poison his prey twice.

also IMHO you should put back the rule that he doesn't grant stand fast!.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I belive the points cost I gave was fair and I explaned where the points went, prehaps we could drop his pts by 5-10 by not having a stand fast? or reducing the cost of other special rules.
The best cost you're going to get is 110pts and thats the limit IMO.

The "Vital Strike" is ment to represent the Assassin trying to drop his opponant in one hit (to the heart/neck or the like) faster then his poison can, not because he has a cuningly hidden morgul blade :lol: but saying "like a morgul blade" saves writing it all out.

I like the kill at all costs rule, but it would suit a cowardly evil hero better :-D , I think the Assassin would have enough of a destration as there's a battle drawing the enemy heroes attention, lol.

Now the question is: who should be able to take him? IMO it should be all mannish factions (good and evil), Isenguard and Mordor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I still dont understand kill at all cost, why does he kill a soldier on his team and how does that distract. I think it would be better with my idea of kinda a the ring like effect :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

How exactly would throwing a rock A) Have anything to do with killing your own models, or B) distract a sizable chunk of the enemy force on a noisy battlefield?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

General Haar wrote:
How exactly would throwing a rock A) Have anything to do with killing your own models, or B) distract a sizable chunk of the enemy force on a noisy battlefield?

Exactly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
General Haar wrote:

Exactly
For the rock I was thinking more about a king in his war tent being guarded, rock distracts guards = dead king.
Quote:
A) Have anything to do with killing your own models
I wanted you to think about using it which is why you kill your guy every time. I would say it signifies him being sent on a distraction mission he will not survive, maybe he dressed up like your king and runs in the open, or gets lit on fire etc.. :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I dont think thats necassery, i mean, probably it wont be a own tent with aking in the middle of a war. Maybe assassinating could be a own SBG, with special rules and everything :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah, that would probably have to be some sort of scenario-specific rule. There isn't likely to be a tent in the middle of a battle, and if there is and the enemy army is there, the king+guard sure as hell aren't going to be sitting in the tent or getting distracted by a small noise, which would be drowned out by the sounds of battle anyway.

And I know you want to limit it, but use something that makes sense. There's no need to kill an allied unit to throw a rock.