All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:32 am

Post subject: Battlehost's=question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

so I don't know if any one has the battle hosts book yet or has seen it but I've seen it and have a question that i wood like answered. can you put a hero that was not originally bought with the war host in it. this is what it says about it in the book "each battle host will clearly list the formations and Heroes it must include; having purchased them, you are free to include any of the optional formations that are listed. A formation or Hero that is not listed in a particular battle host may not be included as part of it." Then it says "note that any of your battle hosts epic heroes or heroes leading a legendary formation can be nominated as your army's leader if you wish. If none of your battle hosts contain a suitable leader or if you wish your army to be led by a different character, just select one from the war of the ring book as normal." does this mean I can have one epic hero that was not originally bought with the war host in it or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

From what you're saying... no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Darthvegeta800 wrote:
From what you're saying... no.
what I mean is can I put a hero in a battle host that does not count as part of it example I take a battle host that includes Boromir and osgiliath veterans and minas tirith warriors so I have 200 pts left so I take Aragorn witch is not listed in the battle host and put him in one of the battle hosts formations so he does not get any of the special rules that the battle host has can i do that? can I still put him in a formaton in a different battle host? but does not get any of the special rules that the battle host has?. the book also says- heroes only gain the special rules for the battle host they were originally bought with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

in other words can I have any other heroes in my battle host other then the ones in the battle host I pick if i don't get a separate formation to put them in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've had a brief look at Battlehost book, I can't remember anything about including Epic Heroes in Battlehosts. Sorry.

If I you I'd wait until it comes out, then bring up this question again. It's to make a judgement when no one's thoroughly read the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

"A formation or Hero that is not listed in a particular battlehost may not be included as a part of it"

I do not read this as "Epic Heroes cannot join formations within a battlehost", but as:
1) You cannot claim that a Hero is part of a battlehost when it's not listed in that battlehost.
2) You do not place Heroes not belonging to a battlehost when it is deployed.

If they meant that Epic Heroes cannot join formations within a battlehost, they would probably have written an essay about it since this game is all about the lotr characters. :roll:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

so can you move a epic hero that is not in a war host to it. just at the start of the game they cant be in the war hosts formations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It sounds like you may have an army with a Battlehost in it and may then move an Epic Hero into those formations (as you normally would), but the Epic Hero is NOT a part of the Battlehost in any sense of the word.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This same topic was brought up on warseer.

Itt was decided on that:

You can have the hero move to the battle host after the start of the game.

you can not include it in the originalbattlehost during deployment.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I would say that you can start a hero in a battle host but it gains no benefits the battlehost has.

In the white dwarf, saruman is put in the foot knights of Dol Amroth Formation and the Dwimmerlaik starts in the Mouth of Sauron's formation (cant remember exact name)