All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:23 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Rikin wrote:
at least thats how we do it. please tell me if i am wrong.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The rules do not say anything like that at all, they only say you can't take the same hero twice, but in a legendary formation the hero doesn't follow the same rules as for epic heroes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Rikin wrote:
Well legendary units such as erkenbrands riders, keep their profile rules. You pay for the hero in the base cost and the banner. ts the formation that benefit from there. the price really is that that hero can't leave the formation, so if the formation is about to be wiped out the hero can't jump into another formation.
As long as everything in the heroes profile matches with the legendary profile for the hero including :special rules, fight, defense, might and cost etc. then they count as the same model.
the nazgul and the winged nazgul have totally different profiles.

I refer you back to Beowulf's post:
Beowulf03809 wrote:
Generally speaking, no "Hero" in a Legendary Formation comes with any of his/her/its Special Rules from their Epic Hero form. It's pretty much a blanket covering.

In the case of Erkenbrands Riders legendary formation and Erkenbrand epic hero entry, there is distinct differences.

The only special rule that is shared between the two is 'Bold Beyond Belief'. The rest of Erkenbrand's epic hero rules do not transfer over to the legendary formation named Erkenbrand's Riders.

In the case of the ringwraith and the winged nazgul entry, The winged nazgul entry tells you under the heading "There Are Nine" to refer to the "There are Nine" heading of the ringwraith entry. In short, its unique in that they say in essence to refer to the epic hero entry special rules for this legendary formation's special rules. In a manner of speaking at least.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:03 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

cheers for that thats a big help. now it makes sense just to take erkenbrand with eored. all you are losing is one strength

can anyone tell me what erkenbrands battlehost special rules are and what it takes to make it. I am still waiting for my copy to arrive in the local model store. i have only seen theorden and dalamyr. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Rikin wrote:
Well legendary units such as erkenbrands riders, keep their profile rules. You pay for the hero in the base cost and the banner. ts the formation that benefit from there. the price really is that that hero can't leave the formation, so if the formation is about to be wiped out the hero can't jump into another formation.

Really? I thought if you use Erkenbrand's Riders then Erkenbrand doesn't get to use any of his Epic Actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

No sorry i mis understood what it was saying. they are to different things. if you have erkenbrands riders you don't get the epic actions too.