All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Post subject: Khandish Chariot - 08/08/2010
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:14 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well, I've finally arrived home, so the time has come to get some more miniatures painted. To kick things off I have decided to work on my Khandish chariot. This hasn't been on the backlog nearly as long as many of my other models, but I don't want to assemble it before it is painted so I have jumped it ahead of the queue. So far I have only undercoated the horses, but I plan to make some steady progress over the next week.

I will need to get a better photography setup, so future photographs will hopefully be a lot better.

Last edited by emperor_thompson on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This project seems to be taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. In any case, I have made some progress on the horses, so here it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:01 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The while looks quite good but the other parts look a little flat/bright. If you plan on depicting it on or coming from a desert landscape once you've finished painting it you might want to give the whole thing a couple thing glazes of a mixture of desert yellow and some brown to give it a dusty appearance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

nice painting a little patchy but good now finish it 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Nice colours. Try putting in some shading though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It has been a long time coming, but here are the next two pictures of my chariot horses. The first is just the horse with most of the detail done, while the second shows them after I've given them a light wash. Unfortunately, this house is unusually dark, so I've been using natural light to take my photographs, which has been a problem as it is overcast.

Edit: Sorry, Dwarf Lord of Ered Luin, I'm not quite confident enough to try that glaze, but I'll definitely test it on something smaller one day. Not quite sure how to base it yet either, but I don't need to worry about that yet.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

These are looking good - I would mix some white with the colors you've already painted (the harnesses, etc) and apply them to the very edges of these things to give them a bit of depth and create more contrast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That's not a bad idea, I'll probably do that some time later today. I also think the white needs a little more contrast. The horses just look too clean, so I was thinking of doing something about it. Looks like I'll be giving them a glaze after all.

Update: The horses are now finished, or at least as finished as they will ever be. I could spend many, many hours touching up mistakes, but they are looking good as they are so I can't justify the effort. I have taken a picture, but the lighting is bad, so I'll have to wait until the sun passes by the window tomorrow morning before I can take a decent picture.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Here are the finished pictures of my chariot's horses. Unfortunately, there is still a long way to go before this model is finished, but I'll try and have it done by the end of August. Thanks for your suggestions and comments. It certainly helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I really like the way you've painting the white horses, really nice work (and a really nice model) please keep us updated. :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Looks good, why standard infantry bases though lol? :oops:

cheers

James