yes 100%  100%  [ 11 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: WOTR Misty Mountains 1500pts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:47 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hey!! sup guys
Im soon going to have enough models to start Wotr, but I now need a list...

1500pts, i think that this is a good starting lvl (if you guys think i should start at 1000ish pts then say so)

this is my idea:
i want the army to be somewhat like this

lots of goblins
lots of wargs, with some spiders and bats(not sure on the bats, and mabye only a few spiders....)
the rest being elites such as giants, trolls, gundarbad gobs ect (im about to get the WOTR book :P )

so any help would be great

Cheers
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

goblin warriors- yes please, as many as possible!!!! (youll need a serious number for 1500 pts like 4-6 formations of 6 companies)

the gundabad blackshields- are an improvement on goblin troops (for the same price!!!!!) and are out in october/november, but i think they only in metal blisters so it would cost a fortune to get a useable amount of them

giant spiders- are useful in the fact they are fast, cavalry and have high strength (i think, if memory serves me correct) + they have poisened weapons which makes them very good shockwave troops

wargs- are the only cheap form of cavalry goblins have, and the wild warg cheiftain will make them deadly as the formation/s will have extra strength and extra leadership for such things as at the double (so 20inchs movement!)

bats- are essential in the fact they can fly over formations, they always strike first (flying monsters), are fast (again flying monsters). the ability to negate an enemy formations attacks by getting these behind there formation is really something!

durburz- is the goblins only real fighting hero, he is the only hero with 4 might and can call epic strike, this means that every goblin army needs this goblin!

drazhag- well what can we say about him, overpowered a bit! drazhag offers a intense magical offence of spells of ruin with a mastery level of 2 (spells of ruin being the most direct magic school in attacking), he also has 3 might points (if memory is right) and has the special ability where he can summon beasts using a point of might where you roll d3 dice and whatever it lands on is the company size of the called beasts. this makes him especially difficult in the fact its next to impossible to surround his formation or go against his formation without being surrounded :/. drazhag also has epic cowardice which can enable him to retreat into a safe formation before a combat begins

shamans- these guys will be needed to increase your magic potential as drazhag is the only named goblin mage

captain- needed in units without heros to keep them in check and call at the doubles!

goblin drums - come in handy in the fact they provide extra movement, re-roll for charges and an extra courage to the formation, it would be nice to up your centre formation with this perk, but not overdo these as they can be pricely

balrog- these beast is immense, i have not played against him so i can not judge too much, but he has high courage for at the doubles which makes him fairly fast, he has a high fight value, strikes first as he is a monster, has spells of ruin at mastery level of two or three (forget). This makes the balrog extremely fierce and dangerous to deal with! only draw back is his price as you would have to sacrifice a lot to play him

dragon- has less defence than the balrog, has a bigger base (in wotr not so beneficial). But is 100 pts cheaper and can fly! magic is optional to this creature but is costly at 75 pts

cavedrake- not so keen on this, his special rule isnt very useful (hero slayer) and it seems he can easily be killed in combat if used slightest bit wrong

stone giant- these mamoths are coming out in the november/october deal and i think will be useful in combat, but should rarely see the field and if so in sparce numbers (1 recommended)

cave trolls- i would recommend more as they are wonders for there price, you get a heavy monster who can punish the lines for 75pts (i think)

a good idea would be to ally with angmar and have burdur the troll cheiftain, as it fits in to the theme of goblins and also burdur is incredible for his price! (or also possibly the terror of arnor, he also seems good)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

hey thanks to much!
i currently have 129 goblins (well some of then are yet to arrrive in the mail) so i guess i should pick up this offer for 46 goblins (with the king, but i already have him)

im going to get the balrog soon

im hoping to get 4 spiders soon

should be getting a warg chief soon as well..... (ebay is great :P)

i currently have 3 have trolls, not sure if i should increase that right now though, and having burdur along with them would be cool (he can make a small troll army :P)

how do you know that the stone giant ect are coming? the announced that there will be more stuff coming but i dont remember then saying exacly what

all that info is much appriciated, but i really do want a an army list right now, can you guys help with that

cheers