All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for all the interest shown chaps. Much appreciated, most of you I do not even know hah, but I am sure we will soon. 8)

As for bases, I would say a "complete model" has to have a based finish, although if your collection is painted and not based, I won't hold a gun to your head forcing you to change your ways. :roll:

1 little snag though before we start, we see alot of people who do enter with enthusiasm only to disappear 2 months later. So if you do participate, then please don't fall into mount doom without letting us knowing. I am sure no one will mind if you have to pull out, or you run out of troops or commitment suddenly - Just let good ol OR know! you can post here or even PM Sean or myself if needs be....

Thanks all

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

And the painting "standard"?

think i´l start with a Druzhag dwellers bellow thingy :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Queen Berúthiel wrote:
And the painting "standard"?

think i´l start with a Druzhag dwellers bellow thingy :twisted:

A standard you see fit...Feel free to rush them, but if they don't look as good as you can do, then what's the point? people will only be fooling themselves really.

People like John (Gaarew) used to put 50 models a week (maybe a bit less :oops: ) and still managed to get a standard better than my "slow time taking approach" to heroes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Right, so i guess my question is when do we start?

I think it would hard to set a painting standard, since everyone here paints at a different level. I would just say do the best that you can, while still trying to finish the 60 points worth of models, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ok thanks for the input, this is gonna be cool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Yeah, When it's gonna start, this month already ? The next year ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

September makes a good start as it gives people time to "mull it over" and take a pick. I personally am away Saturday 21st Aug for a week on hols, which means should enough people want to start this month, then we can give it a green light and also let in people through september also.

EDIT. Sean and I are constructing some basic rules which you will see shortly I promise. So far we think September is reasonable and logical, and it will be a monthly based project still like To9G.

Last edited by Corsair on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Another question: when do models need to be submitted? as soon as they are finished or at a certain deadline? (im new to this kind of thing) :)
Im good to start in september (it will give me something to look forward to because Scotland school starts so ruddy early [im moving to scotland, kilmalcom in a week so if you guys know and gamers round there feel free to PM me])

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP

Last edited by Cyndra the Grey on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Im ok to start this month as I will still have lots of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Noddwyr wrote:

same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
This month is ok !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Another question: when do models need to be submitted? as soon as they are finished or at a certain deadline? (im new to this kind of thing) :)
Im good to start in september (it will give me something to look forward to because Scotland school starts so ruddy early [im moving to scotland, kilmalcom in a week so if you guys know and gamers round there feel free to PM me])

Cyndra the Grey

In brief, it all works by you stating what you have got planned for 1 month, which you must stick to or drag it into the next month at worst.

During the month, you just upload progress pictures of miniatures at your will.

Everyone will agree that seeing minis at 3 or so stages adds to the project, rather than posting a list on the 1st day of the month, then posting pictures on the last...

James.

p.s. there is an edit in my above post which you may want to all see chaps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Guys, I'm working on the rules in correlation with james, all quenstions will be answered hten. It'll be up in an hour of so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Corsair wrote:
But I am sure seeing some one say: "This month, I have sauron the dark lord, 2 men of minas tirith and theoden" will be a bit....well..naff

I can't disagree more :D It's all about what's the forseen aim of that thread. IMO it supposed to be all about keeping fun rollin', giving you push needed to eliminate backlog. You see, main problem with project such as To9G is that it's strict without any possible loopholes thus making painting more like an obligation than fun. For me it's like "well i'm gonna paint 5 minis this week, 6 next one and 1 the following week" it's all about the will to paint. Mostly i juggle between 40k and lotr. I'm not saying that it's bad idea to force people to paint specific companies, but put yourself in a position of a pearson that has only 6 of 8 minis... and let's assume he/she isn't capable of aquiring those 2 lacking minis. Automaticaly he/she is out of fun, with aproach of 5 or 8 any minis you get more people that will attend, thus more will finish, hence it will be easier to keep the fun rolling. Consider it as my insight after runnig such thing on Mitril, 16 months don't lie ;)

www.independent-painters.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Joansean wrote:
Guys, I'm working on the rules in correlation with james, all quenstions will be answered hten. It'll be up in an hour of so.

Thanks Sean.

If you have any more questions chaps please do ask away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Haldir_pl wrote:
main problem with project such as To9G is that it's strict without any possible loopholes thus making painting more like an obligation than fun.

It is indeed another problem, thats exactly what my aim is here. Make it more "do-able", fun and insipring. But still keeping it away from generic painting anything. Always having an army as a goal in mind is more useful.

thanks all

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Noddwyr wrote:

Same here. Already started on some Galadhrim at the camp last week, finishing them up this week, and start painting on some more! Need to do loads and loads do I want to enter the ToS in november (need a fully painted army.. aargh)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i think it should start this month, before school term. i won't be able to paint anywhere near as many when i have other work to do at the same time, so it would be best to begin now so everyone can make a good start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Everyone, please stop flooding this topic with posts. We will clear everything up in the morning with all the rules. We will start the 1st of september. You can do pre-emptive work if you desire to do so, but we can not start now. It clashes with both people being on holiday and the one ring awards, neither of which we want to do. It'd be unfair for people not to have their full concentration on either their holiday or their award entries.

If you want to start already, please do so. But it goed outside of the MPV mark II (working title), as there is no building of armies needed. it is entirely optional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ok chaps, Once again, a massive thank you to those who said they were interested in participating in a community WIP. Sean and I are very pleased to introduce to you:

"Paint me an Army" - A Community WIP

This thread will now be locked on request, we ask you to ask any more questions via PM to stop the new thread being littered with FAQs. We also ask you send your participation request via PM too, again we don't want to start a new thread with loads of "I want to join please".

The new thread is purely for the WIP chaps!

Thanks all

-James & Sean-

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next