All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:25 am

Post subject: SBG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've learnt WoTR, as I started when it came out, bur failed at army building for about a month. I decided that after seeing the WICKED Age of the King Unofficial Supplement by Dagorlad that I must do some SBG. And because it means I can focus on things on a much smaller scale.

I have no idea how it's played whatsoever. I'm guessing you need dice and a tape measure.

So, can anyone help?
 Post subject: Re: SBG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hello, well in my opinion SBG is a lot more fun.. I have tried a few WOTR battles but it didn't really take my fancy as such. SBG is better for scenarios, and I prefer commanding a smaller force in my opinion. There is probably more stratedy to it too, but then again I'm not an expert in WOTR. It's certainly worth giving it a go, have you got a certain army you want? I'm not sure how much I can say without breaching anything, if it were up to me I would have blabbed already all the stats of every man already I'm sure. An up is also that it costs less, because you need less troops. Therefore money can be spent on making terrain if your into that. I certianly am! :D

Drum 8)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

G'day mate great to see you starting SBG. I find it much easier cause you don't need heaps of models to play.(Which is great for me cause I keep changing armies more times then hobbits have meals in the day) Dunno if i should suggest stuff cause i dont even have a rulebook( I learnt to play with BGIME rules) But probably you should get the rulebook though mines of moria looks alright if you want models and rulebook.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lots of us not into WotR at all... :)

If you just want the rules you might find them cheap on ebay, look for the small Mines of Moria book. It has all the rules as the big book (even the page numbers are the same), but doesn't have as many profiles. If you want to start a goblin army, then the Mines of Moria box is your best bet. Otherwise, the One Ring book, followed by the sourcebooks for whatever region you're interested in building.

Hope you enjoy it!