All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:24 am

Post subject: SBG Cave Drake Rules
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Cave Drake rules for the SBG. Have searched through the GW site and on this forum but nothing seems to come up.

Thanks
 Post subject: Re: SBG Cave Drake Rules
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The rules are in WD november 2010. They may come on the website soon but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It is incredibly frustrating! I too desperately wanted them but have resigned myself to not using the drake. I emailed GW about it in May and got this:

"Thank you for your email. In answer to your question about the Cave Drake and a rules set for Lord of the Rings Stratergy battles, these can be found in White Dwarf issue 371 (November 2010)"

I replied back telling them that I didn't have that issue (7 months later) and would it be printed or put up and they replied back with:

"Thank you for your follow up email. In answer to your question, issue 371 of White Dwarf is still out there. Many of our Hobby Centres and Independent Traders have back issues of White Dwarf still for sale. So it might be worth your while getting in touch with them to see if they still have any of that particular issue available for sale. Failing that, a great number of local libraries through out the country have subscriptions to White Dwarf magazine and may also have the issue your after available to be borrowed out. We also have the White Dwarf archives on the website which are available to all registered users, we've had a look on there and can't seem to find the Cave Drake's article in there. But there are some other useful articles about Lord of the Rings Stratergy battles that might interest you:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... whiteDwarf

We should see hopefully a new upload there soon with some more Lord of the Rings articles and there is a good chance that the Cave Drake article might be in there."

Obviously nothing happened and no rules were put up. 7 months later, I'm rather put out. I defies logic! They're selling a product which has no available rules. They put up other stats online but seemingly can't be bothered for this. It's not like they're even intending to charge for them, but surely allowing people to use it would increase sales... :roll:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

they should put the profile for a figure in the box/blister when you buy them and in that way you will be able to use your new purchase instantly and will feel like your getting more for your money.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =16800089a Make sure you change your country to Japan before going to this page. The actual rules are Japanese, but it has the standard dragon rules (the movement, resistance to all things magical) as well as rules along the lines of a cornered beast striking back with S4 if it loses and can choose to eat a single opponent instead of the normal number of attacks. The actual values for stuff like strength are there like normal.