All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chris WIP - Riders of rohan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

In WotR Epic Heroes are neither mtd nor ft, they are both, they can somehoiw gain and lose, and gain again a horse when they join infantry of cavalry.

"3 units of riders of rohan - 5 companies each plus 1 banner for eacher unit" is a good idea.

You want heroes to put in 2 formations of infantry, each 6 companies right? Any of Rohan's better heroes; Eomer, Eaorl, Deorwine, Theodred. YOu could try Theoden too if you want, but it is risky.

By the ay, Eomer is your best value hero in WotR, move him to hatever infantry and cavalry formation he is needed in. I actually like the mtd model of Theodred, you could try him, but make sure you have him as an epic hero, not with his Knights. And make sure you put him inyour WIP if you plan on painting him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
In WotR Epic Heroes are neither mtd nor ft, they are both, they can somehoiw gain and lose, and gain again a horse when they join infantry of cavalry.

"3 units of riders of rohan - 5 companies each plus 1 banner for eacher unit" is a good idea.

You want heroes to put in 2 formations of infantry, each 6 companies right? Any of Rohan's better heroes; Eomer, Eaorl, Deorwine, Theodred. YOu could try Theoden too if you want, but it is risky.

By the ay, Eomer is your best value hero in WotR, move him to hatever infantry and cavalry formation he is needed in. I actually like the mtd model of Theodred, you could try him, but make sure you have him as an epic hero, not with his Knights. And make sure you put him inyour WIP if you plan on painting him.

Nice then, but a lot of work >.< 3 banners to create from scratch :P naa easy cake 8)

Theoden was the one i have used on my first game.. i need to choose one or 2 and read all about them, because my problem for now is knowing what they do..

Hm epic hero? what u mean "not with his knights? I have to use him with one companie.. i dont understand what u mean with that, im still fresh with some stuff :P

Im going to check what i can do with theodred then, sadly i dont have eorl yet, there is a lot of people that told me a lot of times he's realy good.. So eomer + theodred so far, im going to check other hero i can use :)

I post here everything i paint offcourse :) tomorrow i will paint another rider, but theoden will be next then.. Can i use for the march painting challenge only 1 hero (theoden) + 1 banner bearer?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

What i mean about Theodred is that there are 2 different ways to field him. You can either field him as an Epic Hero and put him in any formation of your choice, or you can take the Legendary formation Theodred's Knights. I suggest the Epic Hero, because of his Epic Actions.

Yes he does need to go in a company, but if he is an Epic Hero (it will be clearly stated) then he can move about and go in any company n your army unless they are a monster or have the We Stand Alone rule. Rohan doesn't have monsters or anyone with We Stand Alone, so only with allies could they be in your list anyway.

Good luck with the banners, I would love to see 'em.

If you don't care about theme (in which case why would you like LotR) put Eorl the Young with Eomer and Theodred, but if you do, don't.

In the painting challenge you need a Captain as well, so you could have Theoden, a Captain and a Banner Bearer (the only exception is if your hero is Grimblod, Mauhur or Duinhir)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

What i mean about Theodred is that there are 2 different ways to field him. You can either field him as an Epic Hero and put him in any formation of your choice, or you can take the Legendary formation Theodred's Knights. I suggest the Epic Hero, because of his Epic Actions.

Yes he does need to go in a company, but if he is an Epic Hero (it will be clearly stated) then he can move about and go in any company n your army unless they are a monster or have the We Stand Alone rule. Rohan doesn't have monsters or anyone with We Stand Alone, so only with allies could they be in your list anyway.

Good luck with the banners, I would love to see 'em.

If you don't care about theme (in which case why would you like LotR) put Eorl the Young with Eomer and Theodred, but if you do, don't.

In the painting challenge you need a Captain as well, so you could have Theoden, a Captain and a Banner Bearer (the only exception is if your hero is Grimblod, Mauhur or Duinhir)

Wich forces can i use with rohan? it speaks only about using ally's wich refer to gondor, can i use gondorian with rohan? for exemple 1 unit of .. 4 companies? Page 208, but it doesnt explain very well...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

In WotR everyone can ally with everyone. You can ally with whoever you want but you have a maximum of 25% of you army spent on allies. A formation of WoMT is a good ally for Rohan as they don't have any cheap heavy infantry.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:10 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

In WotR everyone can ally with everyone. You can ally with whoever you want but you have a maximum of 25% of you army spent on allies. A formation of WoMT is a good ally for Rohan as they don't have any cheap heavy infantry.

I can use at least 3 companies of minas tirith then :) i will use then 3 companies of infantry.. about hero's i will use theoden because of his epic duel / challenge it is realy good, so my next WIP will be theoden foot, then will be theodred mounted, and then eomer ft :)

the only problem is that special rule of eomer in case theoden die's but w/e :roll: :-D

So...

2 units:
6 companies of warriors of rohan 120 pts
6 companies of warriors of rohan 120 pts

1 unit:
3 companies of warriors of rohan bowmen 60 pts

3 units:

5 companies of riders of rohan 250 pts

Eomer 90 pts
Theoden 120 pts
Theodred 125 pts

and about the 25% ally's can i use Numenorean + WOMT?

if so, i would use

1 unit
3 companies of Gondorian with sword and shield 75 pts

1 unit
3 companies of WOMT 75 pts

25% = 346 pts and im using only 150pts :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

here is the first rider of rohan complete :)

And here is the second one i painted today, it has no rider yet because i didnt even finish the horse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looking really good so far!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very, very nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Painting - excellent job on that Rohirrim, theyy look very good in your style.

Gaming - Nice list, and yes you can use both WoMT and Numenoreans, but I'd advise you to stick to the former.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Painting - excellent job on that Rohirrim, theyy look very good in your style.

Gaming - Nice list, and yes you can use both WoMT and Numenoreans, but I'd advise you to stick to the former.

What u mean with stick to the former?

Im not sure what i want to use as ally. I would prefer to use only 1 force, not 2. And i dont like that much the WOMT

What i realy like is the gondorians :) or...i have something else in mind because they are so awsome..i was thinking on using some Knights of Dol Amroth foot, maybe 2 companies? at least for start because they are expensive but i can collect some every month...

And im not sure about other thing, what is best? Theoden ft or theoden mtd? I was thinking if he wasnt better for some cavalary charges :oops:

Thanks for the help mate 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

again, he's not ft or mtd like in SBG, he(and all other epic heroes) can move from formation to formation, so he could start with some cavalry on a horse, then change to infantry, dismounting him, and at the end get his horse back and enter a cavalry unit again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

mastermanje wrote:
again, he's not ft or mtd like in SBG, he(and all other epic heroes) can move from formation to formation, so he could start with some cavalry on a horse, then change to infantry, dismounting him, and at the end get his horse back and enter a cavalry unit again

lol that gives me a lot of work :? I will use it foot, and Theodred mounted, as epic, not as formation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Chris wrote:
mastermanje wrote:

lol that gives me a lot of work :? I will use it foot, and Theodred mounted, as epic, not as formation.

If you're sure you will use them only one way, it's fine. Theodred should indeed be used as epic, and Deorwine instead of a captain as far as I can remember.
I'd personaly leave Elfhelm's legendary formation, but it can be useful, but there is nothing wrong with erkenbrand's riders(besides you just NEED to field him as epic), and the king's guards are very nice, especialy with the royal standard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

mastermanje wrote:
Chris wrote:
mastermanje wrote:

If you're sure you will use them only one way, it's fine. Theodred should indeed be used as epic, and Deorwine instead of a captain as far as I can remember.
I'd personaly leave Elfhelm's legendary formation, but it can be useful, but there is nothing wrong with erkenbrand's riders(besides you just NEED to field him as epic), and the king's guards are very nice, especialy with the royal standard

lol i dont have all that, erkenbrands, deorwine i dont have them, about the royal guard so far i have only 6 so i will use only normal infantry and cavalary, i have time for those, im only starting at wotr :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Chris wrote:
lol i dont have all that, erkenbrands, deorwine i dont have them, about the royal guard so far i have only 6 so i will use only normal infantry and cavalary, i have time for those, im only starting at wotr :)

For deordwine, he's never brought out by GW, just sculpt or convert some kind of royal guard hero. Royal guards are good to, but I meant the legendary formation the King's guards, they consist of royal guards, gamling and hama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:35 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Chis, don't bother with the King's Guard, they are rubbish, use normal Rohan Royal Knights instead, they are much better. Deorwine is a good idea though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:58 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Chis, don't bother with the King's Guard, they are rubbish, use normal Rohan Royal Knights instead, they are much better. Deorwine is a good idea though.

Ah, can't remember that uch from SBG, but I thought they were good...
Happens when you don't look into the rulebook while advising someone :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Here is the 2nd Rider :)

My first companie of Rohan Riders :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Looks great Chris, i hope mine will look as good as those guys! But i am going to finish of my uruks first. Not a lot of time for painting lately :( Keep them coming! They really look nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next