All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Post subject: Dwarf ballista vs Large Monsters
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I recently acquired the One Rulebook and I have a question regarding large monsters as targets.
As the scatter chart says with a roll between 2-5 my opponent nominates another of his models, than the one I designated, within 6'' to be hit. But in the case of the Dwarf Ballista which has the Accuracy rule the scatter is reduced to 3''. Now comes my question. If I target a large monster like a Dragon,Cave Drake,Watcher,Great Beast etc etc and I roll between 2 and 5 the rules say that my opponent must select another model, which is within 3'of the initial target, as the victim. The thing is that these large monsters have bases bigger than 3'. So does this mean that whenever I target a monster with a big base and I roll between 1 and 5 my shot is lost? Or that I hit the big guys with rolls between 2-5? Realistically I would say that since they are bigger the second would be the case, something which would give the Ballista a 41,66% of killing big monsters straight away, which is imba. What is your opinion? :pippin:
 Post subject: Re: Dwarf ballista vs Large Monsters
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:16 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No, you just choose something within 3in of his base. Base size doesn't matter. If it did, you would then only measure 2.5in away from an infantry model, as their bases are only about an inch across.

Post subject: Re: Dwarf ballista vs Large Monsters
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:31 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Somehow I new that the there was no way the Ballista was that imba. Although it makes sense to be easier to target large models easier. Thanks for your reply mate!