All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:22 am

Post subject: Trapped and Lying down bonuses?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:24 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi, I couldn't find the answer in a search so I started this thread.

This may sound a bit weird but do you get the bonuses for fighting a trapped or lying on the ground warrior if you are also fighting a non trapped/lying down warrior?

For example. My Orc charges a trapped elf. then and elf who is not trapped charges the orc (the orc is not trapped). Now its the fight phase and I'm matched with the trapped elf and the elf who charged me. Do I get to roll 2 dice for the fight still? Or does the non trapped elf cancel out the bonus If the latter and i win the fight and i allocate my 1 attack on the trapped elf, do I still get to roll 2 dice?

Thanks, and I apologise if the wording is confusing.

Post subject: Re: Trapped and Lying down bonuses?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

DaDarkMarshal wrote:
Hi, I couldn't find the answer in a search so I started this thread.

This may sound a bit weird but do you get the bonuses for fighting a trapped or lying on the ground warrior if you are also fighting a non trapped/lying down warrior?

For example. My Orc charges a trapped elf. then and elf who is not trapped charges the orc (the orc is not trapped). Now its the fight phase and I'm matched with the trapped elf and the elf who charged me. Do I get to roll 2 dice for the fight still? Or does the non trapped elf cancel out the bonus If the latter and i win the fight and i allocate my 1 attack on the trapped elf, do I still get to roll 2 dice?

Thanks, and I apologise if the wording is confusing.

I think you have the rules for being trapped a bit confused .. nothing counts as being trapped until they lose a fight and either cant move back an inch or they are on the ground, so the fight is fought as normal even if 1 model is on the ground but he simply does not strike if he wins the fight and cannot use weapons with than basic knives etc, if he wins all he will do is stand up and not strike blows

so in your example the fight would be played normally (orc has 1 attack and 2 elves have a combined 2 attacks).. but the elves would add thier attacks together and if they won only the standing elf would attack whilst the other simply stands up

and if the orc won he could direct his 1 attack to the downed elf which would net him an 2 attacks to kill him as he is down

or he could put his 1 attack on the standing elf which would only be doubled to 2 if that elf was then trapped (ie: he couldnt move back 1")

hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the speedy reply. Now I understand it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

DaDarkMarshal wrote:
Thanks for the speedy reply. Now I understand it :D

no problem :)