All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hobbit release list confirmed?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I really hope that they aren't going to start doing "full" Warband boxes like those that were listed. I don't want a named Hero with every 12 warriors I buy...

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If they release a hero for every 12 elite warriors, I'd be happy, but if it's with just regular warriors, it would be pretty annoying (unless captains are included with the normal warriors).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Draugluin wrote:
If they release a hero for every 12 elite warriors, I'd be happy, but if it's with just regular warriors, it would be pretty annoying (unless captains are included with the normal warriors).

That would work I suppose, as long as the Captains are sufficiently similar to pass as a regular warrior when you want them to. Don't forget, we're likely getting single packed Heroes as well as a boxed set of Thorin and Company as well as the models that supposedly come with troops.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

We sort of are stuck with warband boxes now since they cut regular sets down to 12 models (still in shock). But throwing in any Hero into those is going to be a PITA and cost (us!) too much. You will have to try to track down the specific box you want that has the Hero you want, and that combo may not be what GW thinks it should be. Also many of us already have a lot of the named Heroes we want and just look for basic warriors.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
Beowulf03809 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 am
We sort of are stuck with warband boxes now since they cut regular sets down to 12 models (still in shock). But throwing in any Hero into those is going to be a PITA and cost (us!) too much. You will have to try to track down the specific box you want that has the Hero you want, and that combo may not be what GW thinks it should be. Also many of us already have a lot of the named Heroes we want and just look for basic warriors.

It may be ok for the new releases for the Hobbit. It will be like the Old Regiments of Renown. It is self limiting on their part. I don't think they believe any one might want more than one box :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I really breathed with relief at the news it was a hoax. Though I had my suspicions, I was still really, really afraid we'd have Dwarf Boar Riders to deal with.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Lord Hurin wrote:
Draugluin wrote:

That would work I suppose, as long as the Captains are sufficiently similar to pass as a regular warrior when you want them to. Don't forget, we're likely getting single packed Heroes as well as a boxed set of Thorin and Company as well as the models that supposedly come with troops.

They might be done like the cavalry, where you have the option to make a Captain, and possibly banners and such, but also have the option to keep them all ordinary Warriors. However, they will come at a ridicilous cost, £16.50 to £18 for aboyt 10-12 minis, I reckon.

Telchar wrote:
I really breathed with relief at the news it was a hoax. Though I had my suspicions, I was still really, really afraid we'd have Dwarf Boar Riders to deal with.

There will be at least one boar rider - Dain, but whether he is on his todd, or has ludicrous company remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There will be at least one boar rider - Dain, but whether he is on his todd, or has ludicrous company remains to be seen.

How do you know that?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
How do you know that?

:lol: You should read some of the links we post. :) I will find it when I get back home and post it again if some one does not beat me to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Beowulf03809 wrote:

I agree whole heartedly with everything. Here, the 12-pack boxes are now $29.75 Cdn where the 24-packs were $32.75 before the conversion. I've been snapping up every 24 man box I find as well. Yesterday I paid $25.99 for 24 Dwarf Rangers - talk about savings! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

There's a box of 20 ghosts at my local GW for $25. I really wanna go get it, but it's a bit too far for me to just pop on by, and I'm broke at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Draugluin wrote:
There's a box of 20 ghosts at my local GW for $25. I really wanna go get it, but it's a bit too far for me to just pop on by, and I'm broke at the moment.

As it turns out I'm in a similar situation - my GW somehow got a hold of 3 boxes of 24 orcs, selling them at £20. Unfortunately I've pretty much spent my LOTR allowance and suspect that by the time I've got the funds they'll have gone. Granted they're not as special as Army of the Dead, but regardless :P

On topic, it'll be interesting to see the actual release list within (hopefully) the next few months. I kinda like the idea of these 'adventure' box sets, perhaps we will see something along those lines.

On a related note I'm itching to start a Mirkwood force, but I'm stopping myself from doing so in the hopes that we'll get a new set of wood elves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

KnightyKnight wrote:
On a related note I'm itching to start a Mirkwood force, but I'm stopping myself from doing so in the hopes that we'll get a new set of wood elves.

Yeah, I have a couple sets of the old ones and waiting is definitely the right decision. They're not horrible, but for Elves they really aren't strikingly beautiful minis.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

KnightyKnight wrote:
Draugluin wrote:

As it turns out I'm in a similar situation - my GW somehow got a hold of 3 boxes of 24 orcs, selling them at £20. Unfortunately I've pretty much spent my LOTR allowance and suspect that by the time I've got the funds they'll have gone. Granted they're not as special as Army of the Dead, but regardless :P

On topic, it'll be interesting to see the actual release list within (hopefully) the next few months. I kinda like the idea of these 'adventure' box sets, perhaps we will see something along those lines.

The first ones to sell out at my local GW were Mordor Orcs, Morannon Orcs and Army of the Dead.

I strongly doubt the existence of 'adventure sets'. and they sound too childish anyway, like a little playset or something.

And there shall be no lists, GW's policy for the past year and a half is to keep everything secret (or try to) until the week before release date.

I would also advise you to get those wood elves now. there may well be new ones next yera, but they will cost more, and the old ones will have increased in price too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think they'll have the adventure baxes, but they'll be labeled differently to avoid the childish perception.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Lord Hurin wrote:
Yeah, I have a couple sets of the old ones and waiting is definitely the right decision. They're not horrible, but for Elves they really aren't strikingly beautiful minis.

Every time I'm in GW I stop and look at them, thinking about picking a box up. But I only really like around two or three sculpts, and there's a nagging voice in my head who is certain beyond belief there'll be new minis with the Hobbit release. But the waiting is a killer. Plus I've just bought Thranduil and the rest of the White Council, but it's more than likely they'll be made obsolete and replaced by 'film accurate' versions very very soon :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
Constantine » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:49 pm

How do you know that?

Here is the link
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/06 ... foot/Sorry it took so long 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks Oldman Willow for taking the time to find the link for me :)

I agree that the current wood elf and Galadrim elf poses aren't very elegant. Some are downright ugly.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well! That was a roller-coaster of emotions!

Shock and excitement for the new minis, to neutral for everyone bickering at each other, to more shock and sadness and slight relief though.
:shock: :D :) :shout: :? :o :( :sad: :roll:

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I actually like the new galadhrim poses (ignoring the fact that I own about 200 of them so I have to appreciate them) but it would have been nice if gw included a couple of the original Haldirs Elves poses in the plastic set, or at least continue making the metal ones as I think that they are the embodiment of fighting elves(portrayed in the film), so hence for me the old models look amazing.

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next