All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:21 am

Post subject: Reaver Conversions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've been considering making a large Umbar force for SBG ever since the new sourcebooks were released. The new special strike rules have convinced me to make this force. The main idea is the Knight of Umbar and Dalamyr leading a large raiding party consisting primarily of Black Numenoreans, Arbalesters, and Reavers. The only problem is that I don't know what models to use to make the Reavers.

I know(due to the new rules) that I want them to each be armed with an axe and club. I've looked through every model I can find but haven't found any that fit the look of SBG. My best bet at the moment seems to be converting actual GW Corsairs(which I have plenty of) but that requires quite a bit of converting and frankly, I'm not that great at modelling. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
 Post subject: Re: Reaver Conversions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Warriors of Dunland work well to start converting. Also, using chests of Warhammer Flagellants (minimally out of scale, but with enough green stuff can be fixed) works well on top of Corsair legs. Check out some of mine, maybe it'll give you some ideas: http://venivididouble1.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... s-wip.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

@Blackmist
I love your corsair reavers so much character!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

FIGWIT wrote:
I've been considering making a large Umbar force for SBG ever since the new sourcebooks were released. The new special strike rules have convinced me to make this force. The main idea is the Knight of Umbar and Dalamyr leading a large raiding party consisting primarily of Black Numenoreans, Arbalesters, and Reavers. The only problem is that I don't know what models to use to make the Reavers.

I know(due to the new rules) that I want them to each be armed with an axe and club. I've looked through every model I can find but haven't found any that fit the look of SBG. My best bet at the moment seems to be converting actual GW Corsairs(which I have plenty of) but that requires quite a bit of converting and frankly, I'm not that great at modelling. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I wouldnt bother giving them both an axe and a club as the rules and FAQ states that models are only armed with one hand weapon unless specified otherwise. Although, I havent got the fallen realms book to hand so cant remember what their profile states they have.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

SouthernDunedain wrote:
I wouldnt bother giving them both an axe and a club as the rules and FAQ states that models are only armed with one hand weapon unless specified otherwise. Although, I havent got the fallen realms book to hand so cant remember what their profile states they have.

While the only Wargear listed in their profile is "Armour.", the picture distinctly shows the Reaver holding 2 hand weapons. Even if that is disputed, I would rather have both modeled so that I have the option of fielding it as either.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

When it comes to new wargear rules I just decided that I'm not going to bother with all the specifics because the whole of my army will be carrying 2-3 weapons (because that's what I want them to look like), instead I'm just going to write on the army list that for the purpose of making life easier they all carry and use axes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

You can model them however, you just have to remember that each mini can only use one type of special strike in each game, so make sure you know which is using which.