All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 5:37 am

Post subject: Celtic Khandish Dunlendings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hear me out on this one . . .

Dunlendings are pretty cool. They're [word deleted] off about the treatment they received from Rohan, and so when they go to war against good guys, I'd imagine they'd fight like maniacs. The aesthetic of GW's Dunland reminds me too much of Rohan.

The Celts seem to be a better fit. They're sufficiently different from Rohan but they are still northern warriors.

An integral part of the Celts, however were chariots. Therefore, Khand rules will represent my Dunlendings. This also, to me, makes sense. I can claim that the naked/clothed warriors have defence 5 because of their shields and they have two handed weapons because they are so crazed it's how they fight - no regard for safety but if they land a blow against you, you're ****ed. Their javelins also are designed differently - they fly well but aren't very strong - they're bows. And the chariots? It's fun!

I'm going to buy a set of Warlord Games Celtic Warriors, a box of Wargames Factory Cavalry and Chariots (all plastic models).

Does this sound . . . like a sound idea?
 Post subject: Re: Celtic Khandish Dunlendings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sounds good, but keep in mind that you can't play with them in an tournament in a Games Workshop store.

I would say increase the fight value if they are crazed and lower their defense.
Shield usually give +1 defence and unarmored warriors are usually around D3?

Keep in mind that your opponent must agree that you are using substitutes and if you overpower them, the chance that your opponent agrees is smaller.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Cool, thanks! I don't live in a country with a GW anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue :D
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

>I would say increase the fight value if they are crazed and lower their defense.

They are D3, but if he makes them "frenzied", a +1D with a 1 point cost is OK. Just like the Uruk-Hai Berserkers, they have no armour at all, but they have a pretty high defense.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Finrod wrote:
>I would say increase the fight value if they are crazed and lower their defense.

They are D3, but if he makes them "frenzied", a +1D with a 1 point cost is OK. Just like the Uruk-Hai Berserkers, they have no armour at all, but they have a pretty high defense.

Agreed, if they are in a frenzy they don't feel pain (or ignore it) perhaps a point increase and a fight increase.