All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:35 pm

Post subject: Your Wishlist (Budget)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

What is your current wishlist for Lotr or Hobbit miniatures and how are you planning on budgeting it out? This would probably be useful client info that GW management would like to know.

For myself my own personal boycott on Hobbit minis is breaking like the Fellowship. I've decided to make purchasing an annual thing on my Birthday and at Christmas, and on the rare occasions where I'm feeling down and need spending on my hobby to lift my spirits (the only time in which I don't care about budget). Of course I won't be the same spendthrift client I used to be in the old days.

My own Wishlist
I've always kept my hobby progress on an excel spreadsheet.

Lotr: Mumakil for self Christmas gift. Was saving the last two mumaks on my list for last to seal up my Lotr list. Wanted other models first beforehand. Always had two additional Mahud riders so I was committed to a set of three mumaks.

Hobbit
Estimated list of around $1000 on current prices spanned across five years (2014-2018). I separated the minis I have interest in into six categories:

Must Have Current and eventually released minis that look really well sculpted or characters I adore with known released cool miniatures.

Thror, Thrain (both for the design not charac.), Young Dwalin (the Mohawk!)

Really Want Mostly cool minis or characters that I want.

Smaug (Pending affordibility, sculpt, material used), King Dain, Thorin (w/ Orcrist, none that are currently released), Grimm Hammers, Knights of Rivendell

Want Likeable characters or really liked anticipated characters that are expected to have their own model.

Beorn, Prince Bard, King Thranduil, Balin, Gloin

Nice to Have Models or characters I can do without but would be great to have in my collection, especially Bilbo.

Bilbo, Bofur, Bolg

Maybe Models that I'll consider. Definite cut off point incase of price hikes.

Tauriel (LOST!), Radagast, Azog (waiting for a pre-handicapped version), Dale men, Mirkwood elves, Laketown men, Ironhill Dwaves

Not Really Necessary Good to have in collection but very last in priority. Usually the evil forces that I'm not all that into, and I do not need every single dwarf of Thorin's company unless an amazing sculpt is released.

Yazneg, Fimbul, the rest of Thorin's co. dwarves, spiders, warriors of Erebor

It's alright to state if you're priced out, the reason is self explanatory, no need to bash GW for sake of following forum rules. Or state you're on hold and waiting like am mostly.

Post subject: Re: Your Wishlist (Budget)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The only thing I'm really looking forward to and have a chance of getting are the mirkwood elves and maybe dol guldur orcs if there in the starter set and said starter set contains at least 24 elves.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well I want a resin Thorin's company, Mirkwood Elves, Bard, Legolas, Thranduil and Tauriel (mainly out of curiosity and a good paint scheme).

They're pretty much all the ones I want, but if I see some great sculpts and minis, that'll probably make me want to get them too!

It sort of then became a Hobbit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I would really like some plastic Gundabad orcs and Giant Spiders. Some new armoured elite Elves would be great!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:04 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not to derail the thread, but now that I have seen the trailer and know that the dwarves reach the mountain and confront smaug, I am betting the dwarves escaping the elves happens about the same time as goblin town in the previous movie. So I am betting that the starter, if there is one, will be elves with tauriel and legolas and then some hunter orcs with a leader ( plastic Azog?) or the dwarves and the spiders, a lot of spiders. Imagine the terrain that might come with it!

I would buy either of those sets, even though I would not need another dwarve company.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've got Saint Nicholas, Christmas and my birthday coming up, so I made already my wishlist :twisted: . I will definitely buy the new starterset.
Further the hunterorcs, warriors of Erebor and Grim Hammer dwarfs stand on the list. They will need leaders so Narzug will be the first choise and perhaps even a Grim Hammer and an Erebor captain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ultimate Bundle of the TOS is released soon , wondering whether or not get it , or just pick what items i want to get. If they made some decent scenery for the "Captured by Mirkwood" starter box - you know its going to happen as that is the most memorable part ... THAT or the part where they are in the lake town. Would not mind one of those 4x bow sprung repeater crossbows you see firing at Smaug in the trailers. Although my absolutely favorite pieces i am waiting for are the Iron Hills Dwarfs in the final film ( boar cavalry , hopefully Iron Hills Catapults - 2 shots per one like they showed it in the BFME2 preferably and some serious stupidly insane stats for the Iron Hills Veteran Dwarfs dain brings - in the region of D8 F4 S5 A2. Finally dont care no matter how much it costs Smaug Smaug Smaug.

This film has alot more hype than the first and i hope GW reflect that on the range they offer to their customers if they want to even see any effect in comparison to the two towers when the sales really took off * crosses fingers *.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

My birthdays coming up too reto. :-D I really hope that there aren't any dwarf boar riders, that idea just seams stupid. The awkrad thing is that my birthday is December 1st the very day the hobbit stuff is set to be realesed.