All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (Lst Updte 23 Mar,Brotherhood w/o Banner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The Maesters cannot have magic, they are completely against it, they hate magic, plan to kill the dragons because of it, hate Stannis and Dany, and probably contributed to the wiping out of the old dragons. They cannot have magic. Special rules with a similar effect would be better. Otherwise it's like giving Sam Gangee a special rule called Frodobane. I agree with the supporting role however.

Secondly, still no Lem Lemoncloak?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:26 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Maesters changed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

joelew2010 wrote:
This is an interesting thread. I've been toying with the idea of making rules for GoT for a while now but never got round to it.

Off topic but does anyone know if the Masterworks miniatures are 28mm? If so I will be putting these rules to good use with some Perry War of the Roses figures alongside the Masterworks characters.

Masterworks minis are 32mm. A little larger than the Perry miniatures (Perry minis are 28mm, same a GW lines).

Where's Lem Lemoncloak and Tom Sevenstrings? Oh, and Harwin (if you feel like delving into the books further).

While on this topic about the Brotherhood, anyone know where I can get some reasonably good bandits/outlaw looking guys? Or perhaps minis that can be easily converted into outlaws?

It sort of then became a Hobbit
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sorry about the long delay. We are undergoing exams and such. Lem will come out when my lazy friend gets around to it.

House Targaryen

Valyrian Armour- +3 defense
Valyrian Steel Sword- Allows the user to re-roll a single to hit or wound roll per combat per turn.

Aegon Targaryen, the First of His Name and conqueror of the Seven Kingdoms- 195 points

F 6/3+
S 4
D 7
A 3
W 3
C 6
M/W/F 3/3/3

Wargear: Valyrian Armour and Blackfyre- Blackfyre was Aegons sword throughout his conquest of the Seven Kingdoms and was the most famous of the Valryian steel swords. However, after Bittersteel took Blackfyre with him in exile to the Free Cities, the swords whereabouts disappeared. Blackfyre allows Aegon to re-roll all failed rolls to wound in combat.

Special Rules:
• Aegon the Conquer: Aegon was the first king of the Iron Throne where he managed to subject all Kingdoms to his will expect Dorne. Through the use of his dragons, Aegon was able to smash aside any opposition, even Harren who held the almost impregnable fortress of Harrenhal. Any opponent who didn’t bend the knee was forced into submission with sword and fire. Aegon has a 24” “Stand Fast” range and in addition to this he has the Harbinger of Evil special rule.

• Lord of War: Aegon was an ambitious man who had a knack for warfare and strategy, with less than 1600 men; he managed to conquer 6 Kingdoms in than 3 years. Aegon can use his will to call heroic moves and heroic marches.

Options:
Balerion, called the Black Dread-390 points
M 10”
F 9/2+
S 8
D 8
A 4
W 7
C 7
M/W/F 3/3/3

Wargear: Fangs and Claws

Special Rules:
• Terror
• Fearless (Balerion will never flee the battlefield if Aegon is dismounted or dismounts)
• Black fire: Balerion was a dragon of stupendous might, whose flames were black as his scales. Balerion has the Breath Fire ability. In addition to this, the ability automatically wound and has a range of 24” opposed to the regular 12”.
• Monstrous Mount
• Fly

Visenya Targaryen- 155 points

F 5/3+
S 4
D 7
A 3
W 3
C 5
M/W/F 3/3/2

Wargear: Valyrian Armour and Dark Sister- Dark Sister is a Valyrian Steel Sword that gives the user the Terror special rule.

Special Rules:
• Harsh beauty: Visenya Targaryen was the eldest sister of Aegon and was the warrior where her sister was the maid. Visenya was a passionate lover and fighter; more comfortable in ringmail than silk. Visenya adds +1 to her heroic strike rolls, to a maximum of 10 and can call heroic combats for free when fighting opponents that have a higher base fight value.

Options:

Vhagar-300 points

M 10”
F 7/2+
S 7
D 7
A 4
W 6
C 6
M/W/F 2/3/3

Special Rules:
• Terror
• Fearless
• Breath Fire: As well as having Breath Fire ability, Vhagar has the Terrifying Roar ability. This is a shooting attack that costs a single point of will to cast. If successfully hit, all enemy models within 6” of Vhagar are required to take courage test at -1 and if failed the enemy model will be suffer a -1 to their fight value for the rest of the turn. This cannot affect models which are fearless.
• Monstrous Mount
• Fly

Rhaenys Targaryen-95 points

F 5/3+
S 4
D 7
A 2
W 2
C 6
M/W/F 2/3/2

Wargear: Valyrian Armour and Valyrian Steel Sword

Special Rules:
• Expert Rider

• Sister Wife: Rhaneys was the younger of the two sisters and was Aegon’s favorite wife. Although she may have dabbled with other bed-mates, for every night Aegon spent with Visenya he spent ten with Rhaneys. If Rhaneys is included in the same force as Aegon he gains the Fearless special rule. In addition to this any friendly male model within 3” of Rhaneys treats her as a banner.

Options:
Meraxes-310 points

M 10”
F 7/2+
S 7
D 7
A 4
W 7
C 5
M/W/F 3/3/2

Wargear: Fangs and Claws

Options:
• Terror
• Fearless
• Breath Fire
• Monstrous Bite: Meraxes may not have had the most formidable flames, yet she nevertheless was immensely large; being able to swallow a horse hole. Meraxes may perform a unique monstrous power attack. After winning combat she can forego striking blows to instead perform this power attack. You and an enemy model previously in the combat must have a roll-off. The model with the higher strength gains +1 to the roll. If the enemy model wins the roll-off nothing happens. If Meraxes wins, the enemy model is swallowed and removed from play. Might can be used to alter this roll. Models may make a fate save to avoid being swallowed.
• Fly
• Monstrous Mount

Aemon Targaryen, the Dragonknight- 155 points

F 6/3+
S 4
D 6
A 3
W 3
C 6
M/W/F 3/1/2

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Darksister

Special Rules:
• The Knight of Tears: Aemon Targaryen was inducted into the Kingsguard at the age of 17 making him one of the youngest people to join the prestigious brotherhood. Aemon was known for his skill at sword and his incomparable nobility. He served under four kings: Daeron the Young Dragon, Baelor the Blessed, his father Viserys II, and lastly his own brother, Aegon IV. However Aemon was fated to love his brother’s wife, ignoring his kings orders, he pursued his love to no ends. Aemon Targaryen must call a heroic combat each turn if it enables him to get into the same combat involving the person he is body guarding. Aemon can use either use might or will to call these heroic combats. For the span of two kings the Dragonknight commanded the Knigsguard and as such the any Kingsguard member in your force gains +1 to their fight value if they are within 6” of Aemon.

• Seven Swords must protect the king. (Described under Kingsguard profile)

Options:
• Horse-10 points
• Armoured Horse-15 points
• Lance-5 points
• Shield-5 points

Rhaegar Targaryen, the last dragon-95 points

F 6/3+
S 4
D 7
A 2
W 3
C 5
M/W/F 2/2/2

Wargear: Finely Crafted Heavy Armour (+3 defense) and Sword

Special Rules:
• The king that never was: Rhaegar Targaryen was loved by both women and men alike; he was the ideal king where his father was not. Unlike his father he was kind and thoughtful with an almost self-righteous attitude. Known for his exceeding intelligent and skill with the sword, Rhaegar led his loyal warriors to the Trident where he and many of his men met their end. Any friendly warrior within 12” of Rhaegar may use his courage for any terror/courage tests. In addition to this his heroic marches and heroic moves affect models that are 9” away opposed to the regular 6”.

Options:
• Lance-5 points
• Horse-10 points

Ser Arthur Dayne-160 points

F 7/4+
S 4
D 6
A 3
W 3
C 7
M/W/F 3/3/2

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Dawn- Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne which is bestowed to the Sword of the Morning; a knight of worthiness. Dawn is as pale as milkglass and it is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star. Due to its comparative lightness Dawn is a two-handed sword that doesn't suffer the -1 modifier to hit.

Special Rules:
• Seven Swords must protect the king

• Sword of the Morning: Ser Arthur Dayne was a prominent member King Aerys II Kingsguard where he was known throughout Westeros as a skilled fighter and the finest knight that ever lived. Ser Arthur defeated the Knigswood Brotherhood by winning over the favour of the smallfolk and slaying the Smiling Knight, the Ser Gregor of his time, in single combat. To represent his unflinching honour, Ser Arthur may never be trapped nor may he gain double strikes against a trapped or grounded model.

Options:
• Lance-5 points
• Horse-10 points

Targaryen Captain-55 points

F 4/3+
S 4
D 6
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/2/1

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Sword

Options:
• Valyrian Armour- 5 points (replaces heavy armour)
• Valyrian Steel Sword-5 points
• Lance-5 points
• Shield-5 points
• Bow-2 points
• Horse-10 points
• Banner-25 points

Warriors of House Targaryen

Kingsguard-50 points

F 5/3+
S 4
D 6
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 1/1/1

Special Rules:
• Seven Swords must protect the king: One army may only have up to 7 Kingsguard members including names characters. They have the bodyguard special rule. In addition to this the person they are body guarding may also re-roll failed fate saves.
Options:
• Mace-1 point
• Flail-1 point
• Lance-5 points
• Shield-5 points
• Horse-10 points
• Banner-20 points

Aegons’ Conquerors-10 Points

F 4/4+
S 3
D 5
A 1
W 1
C 4

Special Rules:
• The first dragon: If Aegons’ Conquerors are within 3” of Aegon they are treated as being under the effect of a banner.

Options:
• Valyrian Armour- 1 point (replaces heavy armour)
• Valyrian Steel Sword-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Bow-1 point
• Banner-25 points

Targaryen Militant- 9 points

F 4/4+
S 3
D 5
A 1
W 1
C 3

Options:
• Shield-1 points
• Spear-1 point
• Bow-1 point
• Banner-25 points

Knight of the Realm-11 points

F 4/4+
S 4
T 5
A 1
W 1
C 4

Options:
• Horse- 6 points
• Armoured Horse- 9 points
• Lance-5 points
• Shield-2 points
• Banner-25 points

May only choose one of the following
• Hedge Knight- 3 points (gives the Knight woodland creature)
• Sworn Sword- 2 points (gives the Knight bodyguard)
• Landed Knight- 10 points (gives the Knight 1 might point)

Last edited by Havanna on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (Last Update 5 April, House Targaryen +m
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:52 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Leige Lord-15 points: May be taken on any number of captains from a House army. The sworn sword upgrade is free for all knights in this character's warband. In addition, this character acts as a banner for all units bodyguarding him.

Hand of the King-25 points: May only be taken by one of the following per army:Tywin Lannsiter, Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn and Tyrion Lannister. This Character treated as a banner to all members in his warband, and this character's standfast is doubled if his respective king is present.

King-35 points: May only be taken by one of the following per army: Joffrey Baratheon, Robb Stark, Robbert Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Renly Baratheon, Balonn Greyjoy and Euron Greyjoy . This character is treated as a banner to all friendly warriors chosen from his respective House. In addition to this this characters standfast is 12”. He may also add one other hero into his warband (a max of two heroes, one of whom is the king, and 12 warriors).

*Thanks to VandalCabbage for this one.

Last edited by Havanna on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Both the Aegons Conquerors and the Targaryen Militant are a point Undercosted.
Also, add Euron Greyjoy to the list of kings. I can't remember if Drogo has a rule like this but if not he should be able to equip it.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Shouldn't Aegon's conquerors be def5 base??? Or otherwse have a shield as standard otherwise they can be def8?? But apart from thag love the rules.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:38 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Awesome, yet again. And I agree with Isilduhrr - add Euron Greyjoy to the list. I don't think Drogo would come under this rule though. However, something similar to show his battle prowess.

Will you be doing The Nights Watch and Wildlings?

8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Ok, I'm late to this thread, and I only have knowledge from the show, which I only recently began, but here's my 2 cents on the basic soldiers: The Dhothraki should be similar to hunter orcs, high offense, but very low defense. I would say something along the lines of 4/4+ 4 3 1 1 4 with a rule that gives them an extra attack on a horse.

The Unsullied should be skilled and fearless, but not strong. Strength and durability in a man literally comes from your balls. Without them, they literally can't be stronger than anyone else. Now, I don't know how they are in the book, but I would think that a realistic representation would be something like a rule that lets them reroll 1s to win, but also reroll 6s to wound, but maybe also a built in Fury type roll (in warhammer this is literally called a 'feel no pain' save). 4/3+ 3 5 1 1 7 I think would fit pretty well.

As for the Westerossians, the regular LotR men rules would be fine. Peasants should be F2, standard soldiers F3, a few lowly knights and men at arms at F4.

Of course, that's just my opinion based on the show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yea I'm currently formulating ideas for the Wall. So eventually in the future the wildlings will follow.

Your ideas for the Dothraki and the Unsullied are pretty much how I think of them Drauguin. However I'm probably not going to give them a feel no pain type rule as I think that their tolerance of pain comes from their fearlessness and obedience. NB Screwed up here, reading into it they actually drink the wine of courage which acts as a numbing agent.

NB. Belwas and Barristan can now lead warbands (was a bit pointless to take them before). Danny can use her will (3) to allow dragons to do breath fire and Cersie now can do her special rule if her side wins priority (also a point reduction as 50 points was probably a bit too much).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The North w/ Battle of the Fist of the First Men

The Night’s Watch

Heroes

Benjen Stark-75 points

F 5/3+
S 4
D 5
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 3/1/2

Wargear: Armour, Sword and Bow

Special Rules:
• Ranger: The rangers are the main fighting force, adept at surviving in the wilderness and tasked with scouting and patrolling the Haunted Forest and other areas beyond the Wall. As such all rangers have the woodland creature special rule. In addition to this if they are in combat with a Wildling they are treated as being within 3” of a banner.

• First Ranger: Benjen Stark held the position of the leader of the rangers, the first ranger. As befits his title, Benjen was the master of the bow, tracking and hunting as was he accustomed to journeying beyond the wall. Benjen Stark and the Warband he is leading can choose where to deploy within the limitations of the scenario’s deployment type.

Options:
• Horse-10 points
• Horn-15 points

Jeor Mormont-60 points

F 4/5+
S 4
D 6
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/2/2

Wargear: Heavy Armour, Sword and Raven (Before combat starts roll a die. If the result a 6 the opponent is at -1 fight for that combat only)

Special Rules:
• Fearless

• The Old Bear: Jeor Mormont was the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch where he held the position for many years where he became respected as a resolute leader despite his old age. All friendly models within 6” are fearless.

Options:
• Longclaw:-15-Originally a Valyrian steel sword owned by the Mormont family, Commander Mormont decided to hand down this to Jon after Jorah Mormont, his son, was disgraced and fled Lord Stark's justice. This hand-and-a-half sword has been in Jon’s possession ever since he saved the lord commander from a reanimated body. Longclaw allows Jeor to reroll a single to hit, or to wound in combat and cannot be destroyed or broken by any special rules or magical powers of any kind.

• Horse-10 points

Jon Snow-65 points
F 5/3+
S 4
D 5
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/1/1

Wargear: Armour and Sword

Options:
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points
• Longclaw:-15-Originally a Valyrian steel sword owned by the Mormont family, Commander Mormont decided to hand down this to Jon after Jorah Mormont, his son, was disgraced and fled Lord Stark's justice. This hand-and-a-half sword has been in Jon’s possession ever since he saved the lord commander from a reanimated body. Longclaw may only be taken if Jeor Mormont does not already have it equipped. Longclaw allows Jon to reroll a single to hit, or to wound in combat and cannot be destroyed or broken by any special rules or magical powers of any kind.
• Bow-5 points

• Ghost-30

M 7
F 4/0+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 4

Wargear: Teeth and Claws

Special rules:
• Bodyguard (Jon Snow Only)

• Stealth Hunter- Ghost initially is the smallest of the litter and is the he is the only one who makes no noise. As such Ghost is a woodland creature and counts as having an elven cloak.

• Loner- Ghost may deploy up to 12” away from Jon.

• Monstrous Calvary

Maester Aemon-65 points
F 2/4+
S 3
D 3
A 1
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 1/4/2

Wargear: Unarmoured

Special Rules:
• Wisdom beyond par: Through old age and experience, Maesters have gained wisdom on the aspects of life in all its forms. The controlling player may reroll a single priority roll once per game.

• Blind: Maester Aemon is an old man with over 100 name days under his belt. On top of this he is blind in both eyes. Maseter Aemon can only move 3” a turn unless a steward is within 3” of him at all times.

• Scholar: all Maesters are trained in the arts of warcraft, ravenry, stonework, healing, medicine and even few in the higher mysteries which dabble with witchcraft or magic. Each field of study that they have mastered is represented by the metals they were in a chain around their neck. A Maester may expend any amount of will to attempt to perform any one of the following per turn (treated as spells):

1. Discipline of healing: A single friendly model within 6” regains 1 wound. 5+ to cast.

2. Art of War: A single friendly model within 12” counts as being in range of a banner for the rest of the turn. 4+ to cast.

3. Ravenry: The Maester and a single friendly model within 12” will automatically pass any courage tests they are made to take for the rest of the turn. 4+ to cast.

4. Knights of the mind: A single friendly model within 12" regains a point of might or will. 4+ to cast.

Options:
• Horse-10 points

Samwell Tarly-35 points
F 2/6+
S 4
D 5
A 1
W 2
C 2
M/W/F 1/2/2

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Dragonglass dagger

Special Rules:
• Steward: The Stewards are the largest of the three orders. They provide the necessary functions for the Wall ranging from cooking to maintaining weapons. Samwell has the bodyguard special rule. In addition to this if he is within 3”of the person he is body guarding said character can reroll failed climb, jump and thrown rider tests. On top of this the person Sam is body guarding can use his own store of might, will or fate (one point total per turn).

Warriors of the Night’s Watch

Ranger-9 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 4

Wargear: Armour and Hand Weapon

Special Rules:
• Ranger: The rangers are the main fighting force, adept at surviving in the wilderness and tasked with scouting and patrolling the Haunted Forest and other areas beyond the Wall. As such all rangers have the woodland creature special rule. In addition to this if they are in combat with a Wildling they are treated as being within 3” of a banner.

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Torch-1 point
• Horn-25 points
• Horse-10 points

Builder-7 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 5
A 1
W 1
C 3

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Hand Weapon

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Two Handed Weapon-1 point
• Torch-1 point
• Horn-25 points
• Horse-10 points

Steward-7 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 3

Special Rules:
• Steward: The Stewards are the largest of the three orders. They provide the necessary functions for the Wall ranging from cooking to maintaining weapons. Stewards have the bodyguard special rule. In addition to this if he is within 3”of the person he is body guarding said character can reroll failed climb, jump and thrown rider tests.

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Torch-1 point
• Horn-25 points
• Horse-10 points

Heroes

The Others- 60 points
F 5/
S 4
D 8
A 2
W 2
C 6
M/W/F 1/1/2

Wargear:
• Crystal Sword: The Others or White Walkers wield thin crystal swords said to be so cold as to shatter any object they touch, including steel and stone. Enemies do not gain additional bonuses to their defence values from wargear when in combat with a White Walker.

• Armour of the Shifting Ice: The Others wear camouflaging armour that shifts in colour with every step, reflecting its surroundings as to make it disappear: The Others are treated as having an elven cloak.

Special Rules:
• Fearless

• Terror

• Harbinger of Evil

• Bane of the Cold Winds: The Others are neigh unkillable however, as Westeros once experienced before none can withstand the strength of dragon fire. As Samwell found out they are vulnerable to dragonglass or frozen fire. As such any model wielding dragonglass or Valyrian Steel will wound The Others based upon their strength value opposed to their defence value.

Options:
• Horse-10 points
• Armoured Horse-15 points (Both types of horses have the Undead special rule)

Warriors

Wights-6 points
F 2/
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 3

Wargear: Teeth and Claws (never counts as being unarmoured)

Special Rules:
• Terror

• Fearess

• Undead: Wights feel no pain and will continue to fight regardless of injury. Dismemberment or decapitation does little more than slow them down. Fire seems to be the only thing that can kill them as when set aflame the fire will consume them quickly. If a wight should take a wound it can be ignored on the roll of a 5+. However if the opposing model is equipped with a source of fire this special rule is ignored and wounds will be automatically caused on a 3+.

Giant ice spider-30 points
M 9”
F 4/
S 4
D 5
A 1
W 2
C 4

Special Rules:
• Terror

• Fearless

• Bane of the Cold Winds

• Monstrous Mount (May be mounted by White Walkers at any point during the game just as if it was cavalry).

Wight Bear-90 points
M 7
F 6/
S 6
D 6
A 3
W 3
C 6

Wargear: Teeth and Claw
Special Rules:
• Terror

• Fearless

• Undead

• Monster

The Free Folk

Heroes

Mance Rayder-105 points
F 5/4+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 3
C 5
M/W/F 3/2/1

Special Rules:
• King-beyond-the-Wall: Mance Rayder, once a man of the Night’s Watch became the 6th King-beyond-the-Wall. Mance was able to unite the very individualistic wildling tribes through bribing and bargaining his was to the top; becoming the respected and recognised leader of the Free Folk. All Wildlings treat Mance Rayder and a 3” banner. In addition to this he has a 12” “Stand Fast”.

Options:
• Bow-5 points
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points

Ygritte-85 points
F 4/3+
S 4
D 4
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/2/1

Wargear: Hand Weapon and Elven Bow

Special Rules:
• Mine, as I’m yours: Ever since Jon joined Mance’s Wildlings he and Ygritte became as close as lovers can be. Often Ygritte vouched for Jon, proving he was a wildling to others even when she knew the truth. Ygritte has the bodyguard special rule (Jon Snow).

• Kissed by Fire: Yigritte can move 3” a turn and not suffer the -1 to hit modifier when shooting her bow.

Options:
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points

Jon Snow-85 points
F 5/3+
S 4
D 5
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/1/1

Wargear: Armour and Longclaw

Special Rules:
• Bodyguard (Yigritte)

Options:
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points
• Bow-5 points

• Ghost-35

M 7
F 5/0+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 4

Special rules:
• Bodyguard (Jon Snow Only)

• Stealth Hunter- Ghost initially is the smallest of the litter and is the he is the only one who makes no noise. As such Ghost is a woodland creature and counts as having an elven cloak.

• Loner- Ghost may deploy up to 12” away from Jon.

• Monstrous Calvary

Tormund-155 points
F 6/4+
S 4
D 6
A 3
W 3
C 5
M/W/F 3/1/1

Wargear: Heavy Armour, Axe and Horn

Special Rules:
• Fearless

• Giantsbane: Tormund can re-roll failed rolls of 1 to wound. This bonus is doubled if the opponent is prone.

Options:
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points

Varamyr-205 points (animal costs included)
F 3/5+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W2
C 4
M/W/F 1/3/1

Wargear: Armour and Staff

Special Rules:
• Skinchanger: Varamyr has the unique gift of being able to take control of animals and bend them to his will. Varamyr is all this and more. Considered one of the greatest skinchanger seen by anyone south of the Wall in living memory he is able to control three wolves, a snow bear and a shadowcat. Varamyr can use his will to call heroic actions that only affect his animals. In addition to this while he is alive his animals are fearless.

Options:

Wolves (3): X
M 7
F 3/
S 3
D 3
A 1
W 1
C 4

Snow Bear: X
M 7
F 6/
S 6
D 6
A 3
W 3
C 6

Wargear: Teeth and Claw

Special Rules:
• Terror

• Monstrous Mount

Shadow Cat: X
M 7
F 5/
S 5
D 4
A 2
W 2
C 4

Special Rules:
• Woodland Creature

• Pounce: the shadow cat has the knockdown special rule. In addition to this is it treated as wearing an elven cloak.

Styr-95 points
F 5/4+
S 5
D 4
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 3/1/1

Special Rules:
• Magnar of Thenn: It is widely known north of the Wall that the men of the Thenn are active cannibals and non-more so then Styr. Although mistrusted by many due to his ‘un-civilised’ practises he commands absolute loyalty from his men; ruling with an Iron Fist. No friendly models aside from the Thenns may make use of his heroic actions. In addition to this all Thenns are fearless while Styr is alive.

• Terror

Tribe Leader-50 points
F 5/3+
S 4
D 4
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/1/1

Options:
• Bow-3 points
• Shield-3 points
• Heavy Armour-5 points
• Horn-25 points
• Torch-3 points
• Horse-10 points

Warriors

Tribesmen-6 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 3
A 1
W 1
C 4

Wargear: Hand Weapon

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Armour-1 point
• Heavy Armour-2 points
• Torch-1 point
• Banner-25 points
• Horse-10 points

Men of the Thenn-8 points
F 3/4+
S 4
D 3
A 1
W 1
C 4

Wargear: Hand Weapon

Special Rules:
• Cannibal: A man of the Then gains the terror special Rule after killing on enemy model on the roll of a 4+

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Armour-1 point
• Heavy Armour-2 points
• Torch-1 point
• Banner-25 points
• Horse-10 points

Crow come over- 8 points
F 4/4+
S 3
D 5
A 1
W 1
C 2

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Horse-10 points

Wilding Raider-10 points
F 4/4+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 4

Special Rules:
• Woodland Creature

• Raider: Wildlings are accustomed to climbing the wall and pillaging the lands of The Gift or the Umber. In scenarios where there is a random deployment a Warband that is comprised of over half raiders gain +1 to the roll.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Havanna on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Battle of the Fist of the First Men

Please check the attached file for the scenario!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (Last Update 17th April The North and mo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Give Tarly the Lumbering rule as per Bombur. "He must roll two dice for jump and climb tests,and choose the lowest. He cannot call heroic marches".

The Wight Bear looks very cool. 5+ save for thee wounds? Nice.
Having not watched the show, perhaps forgive my ignorance, but what on earth is a Giant Ice Spider?
For the Wildlings, perhaps a modification on the warband rules are in order, given their status as "Free Folk."
Cant remember his name right now, but who was the chap with the eagle? Was it Varamyr?
Jon should get bodyguard for Ygritte.
Will check out the scenario as soon as I get to my computer. (Im on mobile).
Im not very fond of the Ranger Rule, seems a bit OP, but I get what you're trying to illustrate. Keep'em coming.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Orell was the guy with the Eagle. He basically replaced Varamyr in the show. You could add Orell too, that'll be interesting, as well as Qhorin, Lord of Bones and possibly Alfyn Crowkiller.

Amyway, very good rules. I like the Wildling troops mainly. I'm gonna give the rules a proper read through tomorrow, and suggest anything if there needs be. Still, so far I like the look of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:35 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
what on earth is a Giant Ice Spider?

They don't come up in the tv show, but they are essentially what the name says. Found it on a wiki.

Quote:
Im not very fond of the Ranger Rule, seems a bit OP, but I get what you're trying to illustrate. Keep'em coming.

Yea I realize that now. I'll probably keep the rule but give them a price increase to 9 or 10 points each.

Quote:
You could add Orell too, that'll be interesting, as well as Qhorin, Lord of Bones and possibly Alfyn Crowkiller.

I'v done Qhorin so the others should follow soon.

Thanks for the replies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The Night's Watch

Qhorin Halfhand-70 points
F 5/3+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/ F 2/2/1

Special Rules:
• The Halfhand: Qhorin is a living legend in the Watch, he is considered to be one of the best rangers within the organisation. After losing 3 fingers on his right hand to a wildling axe he forced himself to train with a sword left handed and became just as proficient with his left hand as he had been with his right. All members of Qhorins Warband can use his courage for all courage/terror tests.

• We can only die. Why else do we don these black cloaks?: If Qhorin Halfhand is killed the striking model suffers 2 strength four hits (Resolve to wound as normal). In addition to this all friendly models within 6” of his combat when he dies is treated as being in range of a banner for the rest of that turn.

Options:
• Bow-5 points
• Horse-10 points

The Free Folk

Lord of Bones-55 points
F 4/5+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 4
M/W/F 2/1/2

Wargear: Rattleshirt (Armour and gives the Lord of Bones the terror special rule) and Hand Weapon

Special Rules:
• Harbinger of bones: The Lord of Bones, or ‘Rattleshirt’ as the Night’s Watch dubs him is fierce and steadfast in his hatred towards the men of the watch. His title derives from his collection of bones, both animal and human alike, that he wears as ornamentation on his body at all times. Upon reaching 2 kills the Lord of Bones gains the Harbinger of Evil special rule. For each successive kill past 2 he gains 1 permanent point to his courage value, going to a maximum of 7.

Options:
• Horse-10 points

Last edited by Havanna on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

All looks good to me. Well, one thing bothers me but I'll get to that below.

I'd like to suggest you add another rule to Unsullied. They carry short swords in the books and show, but you haven't added them to their profiles. Anyway, give them the option of feinting with their short swords, but they don't lose their fight value. This gives them that skilled, fearfilling (let's say organised too) battle prowess. Well, skilled for eunuchs.

I'm no expert with the new rules, but does this seem overpowered to you lot? Does this also converse paths with another rule I missed? Just checking :-D

Anyway, the thing that's bothered me is Qhorin. He's not the greatest warrior, no doubts, but I feel he's under powered here. His stats I mean, the special rules are great. One of the most renowned Rangers in the Watch, and a legendary survivalist and bane of Wildlings, up his Fight and Courage to 6 and give him 3 attacks. I think it fits this character's capabilities more.

Feel free to disagree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
give them the option of feinting with their short swords, but they don't lose their fight value.

I think that rule is fair, however, as you add more rules to the characters the point value will need to increase to the point value where they become not worth it when considering they only have 1 wound.

Quote:
he's under powered here.

I think he probably could have an extra attack, I'm not too sure about the fight value though. The thing I was going for was to try make each of these close combat heroes different, instead of all having fight 5 3 attacks. So Qhorin is still decent in combat but he's more of an army buff where Benjen and Jon are more combat orientated and therefore they don't have too many special rules.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dorne

Nymeria-105 points
F 5/4+
S 4
D 6
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 3/2/2

Wargear: Armour, Spear and Shield

Special Rules:
• Conquror: Nymeria was a warrior queen of the Rhoynar who, with the aid of King Mors, helped to conquer Dorne. In her conquest she brought ten thousand ships across the narrow sea, of which the likes have never been seen again. All warriors in Nymeria’s warband move have their movement increased to 7” from 6”. (This includes herself)

Options:
• Horse-10 poins
• Lance-5 points

Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper- 150 points
F 6/4+
S 4
D 5
A 3
W 3
C 6
M/W/F 3/1/2

Wargear: Light Armour, Hand Weapon and Spear

Special Rules:
• Serpent of the Spear: Oberyn has the poisoned special rule when using his spear. In addition to this any roll of a 6 by the enemy with the same or lower fight as Oberyn when in combat with him must be rerolled (bar fate saves). Note if the reroll result is a 6 it does not need to be rerolled. If a 6 is the primary result of the influence of might it does not need to be rerolled.

• Rash: If any of the following characters are included in the enemy force (Tyrion, Tywin, Cersei, Jaime and/or Gregor Clegane) Oberyn must declare a charge against them if possible. Note if one of these models is present in the enemy force but is not able to be charged Oberyn may charge another model.

Options:
• Shield-5 points
• Horse-10 points

• The Vipers’ Sons: Any model in Oberyn’s Warband may take the poisoned special rule for 1 point per model.

Delonne Allyrion, Lady of Godsgrace and head of House Allyrion-65 points
F 4/4+
S 4
D 7
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/2/1

Wargear: Heavy Armour, Hand Weapon and Shield

Special Rules:
• No Foe May Pass(1): When shielding or when she gains the knock down special rule. In addition to this if she is in a combat that includes more enemy models then friendly she can reroll 1 die.

Options:
• Bow-3 points
• Horse-10 points
• Lance-5 points
• Banner-25 points

Anders Yronwood, Lord of Yronwood -70 points
S 5/4+
D 7
A 2
W 2
C 4
M/W/F 2/2/2

Wargear: Heavy Armour, Shield and Sword

Special Rules:
• The Bloodroyal: The Yronwoods were kings in Dorne before the arrival of the Rhoynar; the head of the house continues to hold the title "The Bloodroyal". Anders Yronwood is the current bearer of the title and like the others in his position before him bears no love towards the Martells and their current position as the leading family in Dorne. Anders Yronwood cannot benefit from Obryen’s heroic actions. To represent his will to once again to have his family become the most powerful family in Dorne Anders will regain a point of might for every enemy hero killed in combat.

The Sword of the Morning (cannot be taken in an army that includes Ser Arthur Dayne)-80 points
F 6/4+
S 4
D 6
A 2
W 2
C 6
M/W/F 3/1/1

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne which is bestowed to the Sword of the Morning; a knight of worthiness. Dawn is as pale as milkglass and it is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star. Due to its comparative lightness Dawn is a two-handed sword that doesn’t suffer the -1 modifier to hit.

Special Rules:
• Exalted: The title of the Sword of the Morning is given to a worthy knight who bears the ancestral sword Dawn. The title is recognised throughout Westeros as a symbol of honour and valour. Allies are inspired to fight harder at his side and as such all friendly models treat the sword of the morning as a 3” banner.

Lord of Dorne-60 points
F 5/3+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 2/1/1

Options:
• Elven bow-5 points
• Sheild-5 points
• Heavy Armour-5 points
• Horse-10 points
• Lance-5 points
• Banenr-25 points

Captain-50 points
F 4/4+
S 4
D 5
A 2
W 2
C 4
M/W/F 2/1/1

Options:
• Sheild-5 points
• Heavy Armour-5 points
• Horse-10 points
• Lance-5 points

Warriors of Dorne

Warriors of House Martell-7 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 3

Wargear: Armour, Hand Weapon and Throwing Daggers

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Horn-25 points

Sand Snakes-9 points
F 3/3+
S 3
D 4
A 2
W 1
C 4

Wargear: Armour, Hand Weapon and Throwng Daggers

Special Rules:
• Children of the Viper: All sand Snakes gain +1 to their fight value if they are within 6” of Oberyn Martell.

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Hore-6 points

Honour Guard-19 points
F 4/4+
S 4
D 7
A 1
W 1
C 4
M/W/F 1/0/0

Wargear: Heavy Armour, Shield and Hand Weapon

Speical Rules:
• Protect the Lord!: All Honour Guards have the bodyguard special rule and must bodyguard their Warband leader. In addition to this if an Honour Guard model is within 2” of the character they are body guarding said character can redistribute 1 hit caused by shooting attacks to a separate Honour Guard member. Redistribution is done after hits, but before the roll to wound takes place. E.g if a Captain is surrounded by 3 Honour Guard members and is shot and successfully hit by 5 arrows the owning player can redistribute 3 hits to 3 different Honour Guard members and takes the remaining two wounds on the Captain itself.

Options:
• Horse-6 point
• Armoured Horse-10 points
• Lance-5 points
• Banner-25 points

Warriors of Allyrion-8 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 5
A 1
W 1
C 3

Wargear: Heavy Armour and Hand Weapon

Special Rules:
• No Foe Shall Pass (2): Warriors of Allyrion gain an extra attack for every extra enemy model past 1 when shielding in combat.

Options:
• Bow-1 point
• Two-Handed Weapon-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Shield-1 point
• Horn-25 points

Warriors of Yronwood-7 points
F 3/4+
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 4

Options:
• Elven Bow-3 point
• Shield-1 point
• Spear-1 point
• Horn-25 points

Last edited by Havanna on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:20 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Faceless Men-90 points

Any House may take Faceless Men as a hero who cannot lead Warbands

F 5/3+
S 4
D 4
A 3
W 2
C 5
M/W/F 1/2/2

Wargear: Dagger, Throwing Knives and Elven Cloak

Special Rules:
• Marked for Death: The Faceless Men are highly trained assassins originating from Valyria who worship the Many Faced God of death. These mysterious assassins can be hired by anyone to kill anyone; however the price varies upon the prominence of the victim and the difficulty of getting to them. It is undisputed the effectiveness of this guild as once their target has been located it is only a matter of time when they will die. Faceless Men must pick one enemy model before the start of the game to be his/her ‘target’. When in combat with this target they gain the Bane of Kings special rules. In addition to this if the Faceless Man has not killed a model, enemies shooting or attempting to charge the assassin are required to take a courage test if they action is to be passed. If the courage test is failed the enemy unit may select another unit to shoot/charge.

Options:
• Crossbow-10 points
• Horse-10 points

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next