All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:38 am

Does Bolg Work?
Yes at 550+ 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Yes at 750+ 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Yes, only 1000+ 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
No, never 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Does Bolg Work/Hunter Orcs...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:37 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Alright, so I played in a small local tournament, that was 300 pts, and my hunter orcs cut through even the thickest of armor. Furthermore, Ive always loved the Bolg model, now re named because they made a stupid bolg in the DOS.

Anyway.....Bolg, is a HUGE point cost. I cant say it, but for those of you who dont know hes at a random number between 165-185. Somewhere in there lol.

His stat line is amazing, and his special rule is, well.....either amazing or pointless.

Im going to assume you guys know what it is, and if you dont, just ask, and ill paraphrase.

So, being as it is, I still think I can pull off a 750 army with him in it. Mainly because hunter orcs are so cheap. This is my army, and you can talk about it, or tell me if youve seen something so close.

In my opinion, in a 750 pt army, hes not gonna be able to get his maximum special rule usage 9/10 times. First off, hes gonna need to kill a quarter or more of the enemy army himself to use it. Second, a lot of armies will be broken and running by the time he gets it any way, unless you play a whord army.

So here it is:

Bolg
12 hunter orcs
Fimbul on warg
12 Hunter orcs
Narzug on warg
12 Hunter orcs
Yazneg on warg
11 Hunters with 2 handed weapon
1 regular Hunter

52 models, 1 EPIC hero, 105 possible combat dice rolling per turn :yay: and above all, for an evil army, 12 Might at 750 pts.

Supreme killing power. Low defense. But Ill be winning a lot of fights and outnumbering some forces. Elites cant really handle hunters that well.

Post subject: Re: Does Bolg Work/Hunter Orcs...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I do really like your army list and I do think Bolg would work fine at 750 points! If the workshop change his profile to allow the model to be on a fell warg he would be great, giving him a chance to use his special more often! But while he has only his standard attacks with no knock down, being realistic you will probably only kill 2 per turn in combat while the hunter orcs eat the rest!
In my hunter Orc army I choose azog for the warg for the very reason he will probably kill 3-4 models per charge (depending on the fight)! For a very small amount of points for including white warg hero! I believe that it is worth it even at 750!
Only thing I would change is minus 6 orcs to upgrade 6 hunter orcs on fell wargs in fimbuls group to back him up! Fimbuls special is excellent ( depending on your board) and he does deserve a warg pack to back him up!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well I definiatly wouldn't like to fase this army. Although I do think Azog on White Warg is a little better than Bolg.

This army might take a little practice due to not having spearsupport or magic, but it sure will be destructive!

I dissagree about the Hunter Orcs on Fell warg. Not worth their points imo. Want some speed? Add 2-3 Loose Fell Wargs (remember they don't even need a leader) for catching objectives.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah thats what I was thinking^ Ill never buy fell wargs but locally I can use regular ones.

Fell warg riders are just so overpriced.... they are literally 4 points more than a warg rider with the same stats until they get shot off, and at that point, the only difference is the rider. Their special rule is practically worthless

And yeah man, Bolg should have a warg in the next supplement since he did in the movie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:48 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

only good thing on fell wargs might be night fights and elven cloak wearers or caves... otherwise regular warg is awesome enough :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah and most troops with cloaks are elites anyway and will still dispatch the hunter orcs often.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:43 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hunter orcs are beast. And damn CHEAP. I played in a tourny recently and hunter orcs tore through my uruk berserkers and ferals. They almost match them in combat and vastly outnumber them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

samoht wrote:
Hunter orcs are beast. And damn CHEAP. I played in a tourny recently and hunter orcs tore through my uruk berserkers and ferals. They almost match them in combat and vastly outnumber them.

Yes they are man. I honestly believe for their point value they can go toe to toe with any troops in the game