All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:29 pm

Post subject: Re: Unused Spells So Far
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I don't think +10 would be enough for Banish. Gandalf would be The absolute bane of evil armies. He'd kill Ringwraith so easily, the Balrog would be a mere annoyance.
Personally I'm not a fan of raising his costs anyways he's seldom used as it stands

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Alright, would you agree for any caster their point value should be +10 for Fortify Will, +10 for Curse and maybe even +25 for Banish?

Banish should always require a 6 to cast, Strengthen Will a 6 except a 5 for members of the White Council, and 6 for Curse.
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Perhaps it would be a spell that the members of the white council cast together?

Edit: Banish, that is

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Scib wrote:
Perhaps it would be a spell that the members of the white council cast together?

Edit: Banish, that is

I don't think so their are only going to be max 1-2 people who are going to cast this spell so it's not something you can spam and if you make it a 6 to cast and it can only be used against spirits then it's not that powerful I mean you're going to have to use 2W to cast to make sure so if we look at the the members of the white council that might possible (even the slightest chance) get it.

1) Galadriel the most likely and most powerful with her 'staff of power' effect she can cast it 6 times (with two die) in one game but she also wants to have will to resit spells cast at her and to use her other equally useful spells so maybe only once or twice a game. This is also assuming her war form doesn't get it (obvious a new profile would change this)

2) Elrond if he's there but limited will and already has natures wrath

3) Celeborn again limited will other spells

4) Cirdan, Glorfindel, Arwen - all very unlikely and either have spells or are not tailored to spellcasting. In truth this would be thematic for Glorfindel and his resistant to magic and lack of other spells would mean he had 1-2 solid chances to cast it making him even more badass but the chances of him even getting a new profile (or even a mention in the film) let alone becoming a spellcaster is so slim it silly to think that he'd get it.

In truth I think it will be a great spell to use and will make people think twice about ringwraiths, spectres and shades but wont drastically alter the game.

All this being said I think the white council may get some more special rules as a group that make make it easier to cast and I can see people adding Bombur to their White Council list for will regen or even removing a high points model for tom Bombadil(?) allowing them to greatly increase theit spell output
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:47 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but has these unused spells been allocated to anyone. I assume with the release of TBOFA, they would of been given out like candy.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Download the bofa supplement and find out ;)

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:22 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Since when do GW give out free rules. This is awesome btw!

So Galadriel gets two of these unused powers making her an auto include versus Ring Wraiths. But I do not see Curse used anywhere. Maybe it will be for the necromancer IF he is released with new rules.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

well she is an auto include for any white council or any attempt to resist spells, her fortify with 2 extra rolls to resist vs magic is awesome, the channeled get +1 but i only justify that channelled if you take more members of the council (council itself gains +1 if another member is nearby, +2 if galadriel cast this spell.)

Get on saruman the wise the channeled fortify he will prob be the best wizard of them all to even compete seriously meta game vs the ringwraiths:

- rolls 2 dices to resist + his free will point for the staff if you havent used it.
- resist any known game spell on a 4+
- can still re-roll a dice thx to his lord of the istari rule.
- not to mention nearby galadriel he only can be hitted on a shooting attack on a 6.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Galadriel is now an auto-include in many white council lists and certainly a major choice in regular games. I love her new rules!