All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:28 am

Post subject: Went to my local Games Workshop store
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I went to my local store to buy the Radagast with Sebastian figure to go with my Gandalf in a diorama I'm building. In their limited Hobbit figure space they of course didn't have one. In talking with the manager (3rd one in two years) he recommended the figure in the EFGT as a better mold (which they still had on the shelf). He also said they had only gotten one Radagast with Sebastian figure into the store and won't be replenishing the stock, but I could use the in-store computer to order one. If I ordered from the store then they would get credit for the sale vs if I ordered it from home and had it delivered to the store or to home.

Kinda miss the good-old-days when they stocked more in the store and you could look at figures in person and decide if they would work for gaming, painting, etc.

Want to support the store but feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

Post subject: Re: Went to my local Games Workshop store
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:03 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I know its a pretty poor situation but the best possible thing is to order it at the store to show your support for they hobby. If the manager realises that Hobbit stuff is in a greater demand he may be inclined to try and order more in next time. I know at my local store they said they were only ordering in one Beorn and Bear just for his realise and on the realise day there was 3 people waiting for the store to open to buy the one Beorn. Beorn and Bear is now stocked on the shelf and not an order in item now at my store.

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:37 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

A lot of Hobbit releases are Splash releases. Stores can order in X amount but once they are sold, they go to direct only and cannot be restocked in stores.

It's only a minor inconvience tho, I usually go into GW when I want to buy something so don't tend to look at the shelves.

Do miss the days of rummaging through the metal blister packs looking for cool models.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I live in the US where GWs are few and far between and find myself ordering them from home. The shipping is cheaper than going to the actual store .I didn't now the store orders gave them credit for the sale. I'll have to do that more or ill be driving even father for a game.