All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:35 am

Post subject: Re: Evil Cavalry
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

From what I heard thats a terrible unit...Ive read it, and I cant decide actually on paper.....but ive never heard good things. Im gonna check it in a few minutes and see..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:57 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quote:
Every time I see someone take morgul knights, Im thinking hell yes easy point sink. If Im going to play good, its going to be one of the following armies-Erebor Dwarves, Mirkwood/Wood Elves, a combination of those two, or Rohan or possibly Rohan mixed with something. Or a battle of the five armies, army.

I will not dissagree vs new erebor or mirkwood as i have played with or against them. And my point of view is mostly around 850 pts since we play like that here. However heavy cavalry is not to charge outright even to flanks or rear and players that do that simply dont know how to use it. There are many different tactics to use expensive and heavy cavalry.
For rohan or gondor bows dont forget that they need 6s to kill armored horses so this makes it up morgul knights + they do not have courage like elves so terror is also very handy in that case.
For last about uruk crossbows....i do know actualy many things in this game that cant be shot down by them :D You bring an exaple of a unit that slaughters almost everything in numbers, only dwarfs are good against them actualy with their D7.
Every unit has a counter and every army aswell, you cant expect a unit to be good against everyone unless it is a mumak :D Heavy cavalry is a gamble on your points like i have said.

Armies:Fiefdoms, Eastern Kingdoms
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

halauas wrote:
Quote:
Every time I see someone take morgul knights, Im thinking hell yes easy point sink. If Im going to play good, its going to be one of the following armies-Erebor Dwarves, Mirkwood/Wood Elves, a combination of those two, or Rohan or possibly Rohan mixed with something. Or a battle of the five armies, army.

I will not dissagree vs new erebor or mirkwood as i have played with or against them. And my point of view is mostly around 850 pts since we play like that here. However heavy cavalry is not to charge outright even to flanks or rear and players that do that simply dont know how to use it. There are many different tactics to use expensive and heavy cavalry.
For rohan or gondor bows dont forget that they need 6s to kill armored horses so this makes it up morgul knights + they do not have courage like elves so terror is also very handy in that case.
For last about uruk crossbows....i do know actualy many things in this game that cant be shot down by them :D You bring an exaple of a unit that slaughters almost everything in numbers, only dwarfs are good against them actualy with their D7.
Every unit has a counter and every army aswell, you cant expect a unit to be good against everyone unless it is a mumak :D Heavy cavalry is a gamble on your points like i have said.

I know...Im just bringing up the units I personally play with. My main armies are Wood Elves, Erebor now, Isengard, Hunter Orcs.....hmmm.....and Harad sometimes but Im moving away from that.

So realistically any army I bring would have no trouble. And if youre playing at a tournament theres not much Gondor or Rohan around(at least here). And Moria has swarm abilities and trolls to disrupt.

Arnor has bows that hit on 6s yes, but a lot. Im just saying, most armies can deal with them if the player is good. Idk how you use them mostly to be honest, but I just see them without many options for so many points. Thats all.