All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:22 am

Post subject: Warhammer Stores
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The rumour is GW Chiswick now looks like this. Potentially testing out a rebrand of Games Workshop?

If this is true I must credit them. Warhammer is by far a more well known 'brand' from my experience with non-hobbyists and the new logo, if this is true, looks more modern. In my opinion at least.

In addition to this, they're probably trying to avoid being confused with video game stores such as Game and Game Stop etc (a few times I've been in a store when someone has asked about video games).

What do others think? Of course this is all rumour but worth discussion.

Post subject: Re: Warhammer Stores
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Is this real or some good photo editing ?
If real then I believe the idea holds weight. Too often I hear non hobbyists refer to Warhammer, all seem to know what that is for some reason, probably due to the longevity of the brand, and there's a good chance people know of someone who has or was into it.
Lets face it, and as an example of how this works, for an Ebay search I type Warhammer Lord of the rings !
So back to the point, I think it's a good idea and worth re branding as Warhammer.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Whether it is photo editing or not I do not know but I have seen this rumoured on other sites as well as people commenting they have seen in a couple of other places. Edinburgh I have heard now have a Warhammer store so if anyone is around there can they confirm?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It is no foto editing, here is a quote from the Facebook site of the GW store in Edingburgh:
Quote:

Ok so I see that the web is asking a lot of questions due to the “Warhammer” rebranding we have done, so let me explain.

After almost 26 years here in Edinburgh we have changed the name on the front of the shop.

Nothing else changes, everything we did we will keep doing! Just the name changes.

I’m hopeful that most of you will agree it makes sense, we get called “The Warhammer Shop” ALL THE TIME, so we are joining in!

Its only a trial to see if it makes any difference to us, and its only being done in 3 shops, here, Chiswick and Bath, if we feel like it works it MAY get rolled out one day…but don’t expect to see it anywhere else for a long time…so there you go, goodbye Games Workshop Edinburgh…Hello The Warhammer Shop!

I’m interested in your thoughts and reactions if you have any, if so comment away below.

ps. We will still be celebrating our 26th Birthday on 1st November…who says I can’t have my cake and eat it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I've also been in a GW before and people were asking for board games like Monopoly.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Well,it certainly seems for real and the idea of testing it out for a few stores is a proven method of gauging opinion. Let's wait and see what happens but it seems that Edinburgh has changed its name indefinitely.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Most people I know (friends and family who don't play, admittedly) call the shop "Warhammer" anyway, so I suppose they're making a good move in the eyes of the public re: avoiding confusion. Had a chat with a GW staffer once who said they get a few "do you have a copy of CoD?" style phone calls or visits a day. It's not something I'm particularly opposed to, my residual fondness for the place lies squarely in the SBG, and the Warhammer/40k settings, rather than, or perhaps ins pite of, the company itself. Getting away from that might be a positive, for them - but in the end you can change the dressings on a rotten limb, but it won't make the rot go away. If you catch my meaning.

More signs that our beloved non-Warhammer branded SBG might not be long for the shelves, but if the re-branding is still a few years off then we could hopefully make it until then.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Looks like a cafe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I hope it attracts more people as Warhammer is definitely more memorable than Games Workshop.