All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Post subject: 500 Points Moria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

So today I will be playing domination for the first ever time. And im departing from my traditional hordes of Goblins (normally 39 goblins within a 350 point battle) for a different army. I've never used this force and was wondering how you all thought it might do.
My opponent will either play Goblin town or Galadrhim

Warband 1.
Durburz
5x Goblin w spear
3x Goblin
Goblin w Bow
Bat Swarm
2x Warg Marauder

Warband 2.
Goblin Shaman
7x Moria Goblins
5x Moria Goblins w bow

Warband 3.
Spider Queen

Warband 4
Ring Wraith 0/11/1

Totals
Points 500
Break point/Total 14/26
Bows 9
Might 8

MiniWargaming
 Post subject: Re: 500 Points Moria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

actually you got bow limit of 8 and you got in game 10 bows

I suppose those goblins withour gear wear axes as hand weapons...
if he brings goblin town

goblin king
12 goblins

gris
12 goblins

scribe
12 goblins

captain
12 goblins

its literally twice as many as you got or close to it...soo gonna be nasty
I would prob trash out the spider queen and add groblog for another cheap goblin heroe and get a free enhance fury sparing your goblin shaman the might needed (which he can use it later for add 1 point to the roll in case his 3+ cast fail...
Then add a dweller, not as annoying as a spider queen, but way more fight value and can fly.and regardless he a bit more tough than a spider queen anyway although not as Strong on S value...

If you want a cheaper but a very strong thing to fight use wildwarg chief, hes nasty enough and the Strength of a troll( not random beasts can be this deadly)
If you ccan find something with druzhag then the sweeter the warg chieftain can be with fight 8, S 9, 5A Courage 5..... even the goblin king will have issues to deal with such an heavyweight oponent...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Against galadhrim, your main problem will more than likely be the heroes. To deal with them, immobilise them with the wraith and charge with durburz and the bat swarm or just use the spider queen to hurl models into them so they fall over and can never kill anything. This second tactic always works against big heroes with monsters, but is best with mobile ones (fell beasts, Eagles, spiders etc.) so that you can stay out of charge range of the uber heroes because you must not have the spider queen charged by Celeborn or Glorfindel/ equivalent.

Against goblin town, do loads of hurls because they die on a 4 to a hurl and because there will be so many goblins bunched up together, this will be a prime opportunity. It might be a good idea to give some goblins shields so that they can hold the line against overwhelming numbers, as long as the spider queen is there doing the damage.

The only weaknesses in your army are that there are no shields and a really low model count. If you have a low model count, shields are a must, because you will be able to hold with double attacks to win the fight while your more expensive models (as an army with a low model count will always have expensive models) do the damage. All of these are tactics I use regularly/ are used regularly against me, an they work pretty much every time as long as you don't keep #Boshing
In short, you need to drop something to get some shields for your goblins. You could either drop some bows (though they will be useful) or drop a marauder (as good as they are I know) which would be what I would do.

Hope I helped.
Thanks.
LordElrond
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

All very good points. I have never had the chance to use my spider queen in game. Perhaps I should drop the Warg Marauders for a captain plus another Warband of Gobos

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:42 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I posted my list earlier for my first ever game of Domination and am happy to report a landslide victory in VP's of 12-3.

My opponent brought Goblin Town goblins (with the King and scribe heroes) plus a Gundabad Goblin captain, Gundabad Goblin Drum, and a regular shaman.

The man of the match was most definitely my Generic Ring Wraith who caused about 20 goblins to flee (in a single turn) once their force was broken and he'd dropped the opposing Fury bubble through sap will.
In addition his -1 Courage bubble really paired well with my spider queen in her first ever game. I just kept forgetting her dang broodlings lol.

My general Durburz held his own in combat against the Goblin King with nothing but a spear-man backing him up for 3 straight turns until my forces could finish breaking my opponent.

All in all a close game until the end, but another victory for the denizens of Moria as Durburz marches his way to glory

MiniWargaming