All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:19 am

Post subject: Re: The Hobbit Battle of Five Armies Trailer!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It's really hard to tell how big those trolls are, but they do look massive. The best part though? Saruman saying "Leave Sauron to me." That had better be the best scene in the entire franchise. And had better have some moment where Sauron seduces Saruman. The assault on Dol Guldur should be amazing, and should be the defining moment that the trailers keep calling the whole movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Spectacular looking trailer. Here's hoping the whole experience meets expectations :)

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:13 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Really looking forward to Elrond's scene in particular. Hopefully, he'll get to fight some orcs and show everyone how much of a beast he is. Hopefully he brings a bodyguard, but if he doesn't, it's not that unrealistic because Elrond is just that good at fighting. And, with a little bit of magic here and there, who knows what he could do.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:17 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

hmm, watched it :-) it does not show to much, but more than enough to be very exited ! I especialy love that this movie seems to fit with the book so well. after all it is only one or two chapters, but seeing erebor and how thorin reacts brings back all the book memories!

I think I also spotted a dwarven balista, and I hope those elven will count as heavy armoured, it still saddens me that the various layers of armor on lorien warriors are the same defence as rohan leather and ringmail..

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well maybe a long shot, but the half troll and strange orcs around 1.57 could be coming from goblin town. Not very likely that they still put a son of the gobbo king in it (like the book), but it could be possible. there is small ressamblance between the half orc and the king, and the orc on 1.57 are bigger or more armoured but still their stance has liklyness to the goblins..

after all it is the battle fo the five armies :

so :

1 dol guldur
2 goblin town
3 elves
4 lake town
5 dwarves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:20 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Probably against better judgement, I'm really looking forward to the White Council scenes. Knowing how amazing Galadriel gets by just thinking what would happen if she had the Ring, just imagine how scary she becomes when properly angry. And Saruman, hell yeah. (Wondering if he'll let Sauron get away, seduced by the promise of knowledge and power.)

Not too much looking forward to many more unbelievable scenes with Elves fighting computer generated orcs, but we'll see how those turn out. Catapult-trolls look terribly well synchronised, very unnatural (for trolls at least). The Thorin business could be decent enough. I just hope they don't make up too many weird storylines along the way.

@J.R. You may want to re-read the book (or perhaps better not, as it will only make the differences clearer)...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Quote:
"@J.R. You may want to re-read the book (or perhaps better not, as it will only make the differences clearer)...

Well, with the battle of the 5 armys I am pointing toward the movie title, since he kept it, which army's would PJ mean with 5.

I thought in the book, bolg was a moria orc/goblin leader to avange the killing of the goblin king/great goblin that was killed by gandalf. The attack was only moria forces with bats and wargs. must reread it all then... : )

since the original fight involved moria, maybe PJ adds moria forces, that why I mention the strange looking halftroll/goblin along with the twisted legged orcs that look a bit like the goblins at 1.57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Most important thing is that Bolg is the son of Azog, and meant to avenge his death (at the hands of Dain - whose father Nain was killed by Azog at Azanulbizar, after which Dain finished Azog off). Of course, there is some Thorin/Bolg rivalry here too, as Azog also killed Thror, be it in a seperate incident a good while before Azanulbizar. The death of the Great Goblin was relevant in that it rekindled the orcs' hatred towards the dwarves, after which goblins from all over the Misty Mountains gathered and marched towards Erebor - but no additional family matters there.

Best parts of that story (death of Thror leading to the War of the Dwarves and the Orcs which culminated at Azanulbizar) are from the LotR Appendix by the way, the Hobbit doesn't go into too much detail.

Anyway, that is the whole angle from the book(s), which is of course barely relevant given how the movies have altered that storyline (and not for the better). Certainly looks as if both Dol Guldur and Goblin Town will be present, could be that those now are seen as the two evil armies (rather than the goblins and wolves as in the book).
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thanks for the extended answer :-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Looks like Bolg meets his fate with Legolas. The whole thing looks epic and knowing PJ, when the armies actually clash it will shake the whole cinema.
I could be looking forward to that little moment.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm dying to see new miniatures now. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Didn't see Dain or any Dwarfs from the Iron Hills in the trailer. I hope they're not left out.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Going to put out a prediction......

Click to: Show
- Thorin Kills Azog (completes his vengeance arc) (for bonus points it may be with the help of Bilbo to mirror the first movie's fight).

- Bolg then goes after Thorin and deals him a fatal blow (dies later on like the books).

- Kili and Fili are either killed by Bolg or Azog, I lean towards Bolg as that would explain why Taurial is fighting Bolg, it would be for vengeance for killing Kili (one of the shots in the trailer she is holding a dwarf in her arms, which could only be Kili).

- Taurial will most likely be killed or severely wounded by Bolg, sending Legolas into a rage. Legolas almost kills Bolg but something happens to turn the odds against him (Bolg's bodyguard or something rocks up), and just before Bolg is about to crush him in comes BEORN who absolutely destroys bolg and friends.

This may happen but if one part doesn't happen my whole prediction probably won't! All I know for certain is that a lot of hero 1 v 1s will happen. I just hope they keep the bolg kills thorin, kili, fili and Beorn kills Bolg parts accurate to the book.

And also we better damn be getting a Thranduil on his huge Elk every trailer has him on it! He looks to be exclusively glued to the damn thing!

burning gaze wrote:
Didn't see Dain or any Dwarfs from the Iron Hills in the trailer. I hope they're not left out.

They were in the teaser, Peter Jackson hasn't shown them, the eagles and Beorn in the main trailer so they can be a surprise factor for those who haven't read The Hobbit. We have already seen Lake Town and Elf warriors in the previous film so they don't need to be kept as hush hush but rather in the case of the elves be used to make everyone go DAYYYUUMMMM!

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:59 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wants the new Nine precious... give it to us...

Really looking forward to this, particularly the Dol Guldur scenes with Saruman and Sauron! I only hope we get a decent range of minis out of GW this time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:29 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm rather confused as to what the giant, grey misshapen baby is supposed to be...

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:28 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

rigg1313 wrote:
Going to put out a prediction......

Click to: Show
- Thorin Kills Azog (completes his vengeance arc) (for bonus points it may be with the help of Bilbo to mirror the first movie's fight).

- Bolg then goes after Thorin and deals him a fatal blow (dies later on like the books).

- Kili and Fili are either killed by Bolg or Azog, I lean towards Bolg as that would explain why Taurial is fighting Bolg, it would be for vengeance for killing Kili (one of the shots in the trailer she is holding a dwarf in her arms, which could only be Kili).

- Taurial will most likely be killed or severely wounded by Bolg, sending Legolas into a rage. Legolas almost kills Bolg but something happens to turn the odds against him (Bolg's bodyguard or something rocks up), and just before Bolg is about to crush him in comes BEORN who absolutely destroys bolg and friends.

This may happen but if one part doesn't happen my whole prediction probably won't! All I know for certain is that a lot of hero 1 v 1s will happen. I just hope they keep the bolg kills thorin, kili, fili and Beorn kills Bolg parts accurate to the book.

And also we better damn be getting a Thranduil on his huge Elk every trailer has him on it! He looks to be exclusively glued to the damn thing!

burning gaze wrote:

They were in the teaser, Peter Jackson hasn't shown them, the eagles and Beorn in the main trailer so they can be a surprise factor for those who haven't read The Hobbit. We have already seen Lake Town and Elf warriors in the previous film so they don't need to be kept as hush hush but rather in the case of the elves be used to make everyone go DAYYYUUMMMM!

They are shown in the main trailer. at least I think I see dwarves and dwarfish design on the firing balistas (quite similar to the isengard ones)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The bllistas are used by the dwarves so there's still dwarves as in the teaser trailer.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:35 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hill-Troll wrote:
The bllistas are used by the dwarves so there's still dwarves as in the teaser trailer.

I hope those ballisters were already from erebor and not dragged from the iron mountains! Dain was suppose to come as quickly as possible, not slow march with giant siege weapons. Siege weapons would be useless to relieve a siege as well?

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

A good looking trailer I must say. I dearly hope they don't mess up the elves by making them OP golden ninjas... the scale of the elven host I do very much like though, seems quite deja vu from the second age (despite that being probably inaccurate to the book.) Makes me think that it should have been only 2 movies, I can't even really remember any major points of TDoS.

Anyway, here's hoping this'll be the best of the three.

:dmf:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The music is fantastic in the trailer. Why are people worried that GW is not going to release these miniatures?