Azog and you....
I have the first model. 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
I find him fine for his point total. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Id love an armored one, to game with. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Id love an armored one, to collect/paint/hobby. 51%  51%  [ 20 ]
I dont like Azog period. 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
I like Azog, but can never justify his point cost. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Azog and You(Bolg/all evil too)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Alright. So I know Azogs stats are limited and I personally really disliked the initial pose from the first Hobbit.

I put this in the News and Rumors because technically its a rumor, but there should be another Azog released in this upcoming set.

The two problems with him is A-little fate, and B-more importantly, defense 5. Way too easy to wound for all those points.

I personally like the character but could never find a good reason to field him. Now though, in the BOFA hes got sweet heavy armor on. Id without a doubt buy and field and Azog with Defense 7 for whatever price on foot and mounted or even on foot.

Ive waited this long, and am excited in anticipation for him.

So my question is out there the the Hobbit SBG universe, what is everyones stance on Azog? Tell me.

I think at Defense 7 I can field him on foot and be happy with the point total as long as you know youre playing a hero heavy army or high defense army.

Also feel free to talk about Bolg(I will keep and use the original model....its one of my favorite ALL time in this game) and any other evil troops you hope for/want to see modeled.

Post subject: Re: Azog and You(Bolg/all evil too)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I have the frst, but would love an armoured one.

Hopefully the armoured design was done with sufficient time for GW to produce a mini/they're not just churning out two year old sculpts with no thought to the actual movie.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah I really hope so too. This is one figure I've been excited for, for two years after the first one was released. I'd pay even $50 for an on foot and mounted armored Azog. I have a feeling he will be only on foot if they do make him though. Based off the switch of the two movies to three maybe Azog and Blogs new poses might not be ready for like 3-6 months if they did do new sculpts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:56 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Azog is only useful on the WW. Bolg is just so much better on foot because he can actually survive, but Azog on WW is just such a monster in combat. Even for 225 pts. Although when he loses, he loses HARD. D5, W3 and 2 Fate? Not gonna help that much if he rolls a 1 against a half dozen regular warriors.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

To be honest after the Tranduil elk debacle I very much doubt we will see Azog in armour. Having sampled evidence from various banners, trailers and promotional pictures it appears originally the Azog and Thorin face off was done without Azog having any armour. This now appears to not be the case so while I really hope they will release an armoured figure I'm not so sure it will happen.

Look forward to these figures but do not trust to hope, they have forsaken these lands!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Draugluin wrote:
Azog is only useful on the WW. Bolg is just so much better on foot because he can actually survive, but Azog on WW is just such a monster in combat. Even for 225 pts. Although when he loses, he loses HARD. D5, W3 and 2 Fate? Not gonna help that much if he rolls a 1 against a half dozen regular warriors.

Well all he needs is a 33% chance to roll a 6, or a five with might. I totally understand what you mean though. If he gets swarmed and loses, especially with his bigger base he can die fast! And he only has 1 fate btw I believe.....even worse haha.

Green_Dragon wrote:
To be honest after the Tranduil elk debacle I very much doubt we will see Azog in armour. Having sampled evidence from various banners, trailers and promotional pictures it appears originally the Azog and Thorin face off was done without Azog having any armour. This now appears to not be the case so while I really hope they will release an armoured figure I'm not so sure it will happen.

Look forward to these figures but do not trust to hope, they have forsaken these lands!

Ive had no hope in GW for over a year now. Thats why I put this in rumors. I cant wait till some company makes him hopefully armored and hopefully to the same scale! Or maybe some great conversion ideas can come about.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:19 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Green_Dragon wrote:

There never was much hope, just a fool's hope

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:25 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

thranduil is a whole diferent story than azog for a few things...

1st hes really cheap compared to azog so he can be squishier, but point comparison people will hate losing azog over losing thranduil in the field.
2nd thran got "magic" and pretty hard to deny cast roll as well, so he can take on horde quite well and help your army with a channeled nature´s wrath
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:48 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
Draugluin wrote:

Well all he needs is a 33% chance to roll a 6, or a five with might. I totally understand what you mean though. If he gets swarmed and loses, especially with his bigger base he can die fast! And he only has 1 fate btw I believe.....even worse haha.

Green_Dragon wrote:

Ive had no hope in GW for over a year now. Thats why I put this in rumors. I cant wait till some company makes him hopefully armored and hopefully to the same scale! Or maybe some great conversion ideas can come about.....

The brand spanking new FAQs confirm that he and the WW share their M/W/F.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If you want an armoured Azog of get working out how to kitbashing one!
The Perry Twins, the main sculptors on this range left games workshop long before Peter Jackson gave Azog the armoured look. Not saying it won't happen. But I think it's not likely.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I was hoping for an Azog where he has both his arms, I don't like handicap Azog, but I would get him in armour for collection.