Post subject: BotFA Evil Forces house Profiles Part 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Azog, Lieutenant of Sauron may take the following:
Heavy Armour 10pts
He may also exchange his two handed mace for this:
Massive Flail 5pts
Massive Flail: Azog's heavy flail only halves his fight value rather than reducing it to 1, additionally, it hits enemies at his own strength +1 and hits models that are supporting with spears or pikes.

Gundabad Orc Warriors may take the following:
Banner 25pts

Cave Trolls included in the Mount Gundabad Army List may take the following:
Battering Ram Headgear 5pts
Battering Ram Headgear: Attacks made by the Troll against objects with Batter Points rather than wounds cause D3 +1 batter points for every successful strike, but for each successful strike, the Cave Troll suffers a Strength 5 Hit.

The White Warg may be taken as a standalone Hero in the Azog's Hunters and Dark Denizens of Mirkwood Army Lists for 60pts
Azog or Azog, Lieutenant of Sauron may mount her if he moves in base contact. Roll a D6, on the roll of a 1, she refuses to allow him, on the roll of 2-5 he successfully mounts but may move no further that turn, on the roll of a 6, the mount is successful and they may continue her move as normal.

New Army List, Mount Gundabad, includes the following:
Azog
Azog, Lieutenant of Sauron
Bolg
Bolg, Castellan of Mount Gundabad
Gundabad Orc General
Gundabad Orc Captain
Ogre
Gundabad Orc Warrior
Gundabad Cavalry
Gundabad Attack Troll
Slingshot-Mounted Troll
Giant Bat
Goblin Mercenary
Gundabad Half Troll
Cave Troll

Gundabad Orc General [Orc] Pts value: 70 Azog's Hunters, Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C Mt W F
Orc 6" 5/- 5 6 2 2 5 2 2 1

Wargear:
Heavy armour and sword

Options:
Shield 5pts
Two-handed pick 5pts
Fell Warg 10pts

Special Rules:
Ancient Enemies

Ogre [Ogre, Monster] Pts value: 80 Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C Mt W F
Ogre 6" 6/4+ 5 5 3 3 4 0 3 0

Wargear:
Club

Special Rules:
Terror, Throw Stones (Strength 8 ), Deformed, Troll Master
Deformed: Many ogres have deformed limbs and so are weak at one side. If an Ogre is engaged with more than three enemies, he suffers a -1 penalty to his Duel rolls.
Troll Master: Only Gundabad Attack Trolls, Slingshot Mounted Trolls and Gundabad Half Trolls may be included in an Ogre's Warband and benefit from his Standfast. Additionally, Slingshot Mounted Trolls within 6" of an Ogre add +1 to their To Hit rolls and may use the Ogre's Will points to modify D6 rolls relating to shooting, as if they were Might points.

Gundabad Cavalry [Orc, Cavalry] Pts value: 15 Azog's Hunters, Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C
Orc 6" 3/5+ 4 5 1 1 3

Wargear:
Heavy armour, sword and a Fell Warg

Options:
Shield 5pts

Special Rules:
Ancient Enemies

Gundabad Attack Troll [Troll, Monster] Pts value: 90 Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C
Troll 6" 7/5+ 6 6 3 3 4

Wargear:
Club

Options:
Scythe Hands 15pts
Flail Arms 10pts
Armour 5pts
A single Troll may not take both Scythe Hands and Flail Arms.

Special Rules:
Terror, Throw Stones, Weak Spot
Scythe Hands: For the purposes of special strikes, this Troll counts as armed with daggers. It also has the Knife Fighters special rule.
Flail Arms: For the purposes of special strikes, this Troll counts as armed with a flail. When whirling, models in spear/pike support also suffer a single Strike. It also counts as a throwing weapon with a range of 5" and a Strength of 6 that does always hits on a 5+ regardless of whether the model has moved.
Weak Spot: Throwing weapons never need higher than a 5+ to wound a Gundabad Attack Troll

Slingshot-Mounted Troll [Troll, Monster] Pts value: 170 Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C
Troll 6" 8/5+ 8 8 3 3 4 Troll
Goblin 5" 2/5+ 3 4 1 1 2 Crew
This model consists of a single enormous Troll, with a slingshot mounted on its back and 4 Goblin crew. The slingshot has no defence or wounds and cannot be attacked seperately. If the Troll is killed, it is automatically destroyed ans all remaining Crew are killed. If all of the Crew are killed, the model may not fire the slingshot. Neither the Crew nor the Slingshot can be targeted by enemies in Close Combat.

Wargear:
The Troll has powerful fists (Hand weapon) and the crew are armed with daggers and wear armour.

Special Rules:
Terror, Living Artillery
Living Artillery: The Slingshot Troll starts the game like a typical model and can move and follows all the usual rules for Monsters. At the start of your Move Phase, you can decide if you want your Troll(s) to fire its slingshot. The model may not move this turn and if it is charged, it strikes no blows, thus automatically loses any fights that turn. In the Shoot Phase, the slingshot fires with the following profile. It will remain in this form throughot the turn and cannot return to usual Monster from until your next Move Phase.
Slingshot Range: 18-36" Strength: 9

Giant Bat [Bat] Pts value: 19 Mount Gundabad, Dark Denizens of Mirkwood
Race Move F S D A W C
Bat 12" 5/- 3 3 2 2 5

Special Rules:
Terror, Fly, Fell Sight

Goblin Mercenary [Goblin] Pts value: 4 Mount Gundabad, Goblin Town
Race Move F S D A W C
Goblin 5" 3/5+ 3 4 1 1 2

Wargear:
Hand weapon and armour

Special Rules:
Cave Dwellers, Chittering Hordes, Sellsword
Sellsword: For every Goblin Mercenary in your army, roll a D6 at the start of game for each one. On the roll or a 1, that model is bribed and does not participate in the battle. This roll cannot be modified in anyway.

Gundabad Half Troll [Orc] Pts value: 24 Mount Gundabad
Race Move F S D A W C
Orc 8" 5/6+ 5 5 2 2 5

Wargear:
Sword and armour

Special Rules:
Terror, Ancient Enemies

Mirkwood Werewolf [Spirit, Monster] Pts value: 60 Dark Denizens of Mirkwood
Race Move F S D A W C
Spirit 10" 6/- 5 4 3 2 5

Special Rules:
Terror, Woodland Creature, Bestial Creature
Bestial Creature: For every model the Werewolf charges, it gains an additional attack

What do you guys think? Do they seem balanced?

Part 2 will be some of the Creatures that never made it into the film, but appear in the Hobbit Chronicles Book.

Thanks for reading :)

Post subject: Re: BotFA Evil Forces house Profiles Part 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Nice work, very well thought out and some great ideas.

The only thing that jumped out at me on the negative side was the Goblin Mercenary special rule. It might really discourage people from taking them. Say you fielded 2 warbands of them (24 models), according the special rule, you would on average lose 4 of them on D6 rolls ! So, if a 1 makes him leave, and it's a 1 in 6 chance that you roll a 1, therefore on 24 dice rolls, statistically, you would likely lose 4 models before the battle begins - that's rough, as it would count toward your break number without even ever having them fight anyone.

I'm not positive, but I would think that would really discourage people from taking them, you know ?

But overall, some great thoughts and very well done

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I don't think anyone would use the slingshot trolls for that points value based on their rules. The fact that they only hit on a 5+ isn't very good, combine that with the crossbow like movement penalty and the minimum range of 18in and it just doesn't look so appealing. I think maybe dropping it's point a bit might help.
Also, I was just wondering why this troll has F8? Is it just because they are bigger than the other trolls? In my mind I would have them at F6 because they would be more trained in being a stable platform/following order than being trained for actual combat.

I would consider making Azog's flail cost more because with that he will become an abosolute beast at destroying shield/pike walls. The +1 strength is probably worth 10pts on it's own and then you add the ability to hit supporting models so I would cost the flail at 20pts (maybe 15 if you tested it, and found it's true potential is weaker than it's paper potential).

P.S since it's a slingshot does that mean it follows the same rules for other slingshots like Ori's? Namely, can it fire 2 times in the shoot phase if it doesn't move?

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

nice stats altough you should drop the bats their fight value they, I would take the Giant bats stats from the moria & angmar sourcebook instead with a +1 point for the fellsight rule. Azog's flail should indeed be a bit higher around 10 points, although not 20 because the halved fight value really weakens Azog a lot. And a side thing where are there in the movies those werewolves, or is it something you came up with and it would be awesome to add in (wich it is:P)?
 Post subject: Re: BotFA Evil Forces house Profiles Part 14.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think first that the flail should be 15 points and onlu lower his fight value 2 for a couple reasons.
1-you should not have a nearly 225 point model with your upgrades ever have fight 4. I think thats crazy.
2-he should be able to tie with an elf or named man with the flail.
3-5 is good because he will lose a tie roll to Thorin which is very thematic for that battle.

Next for me is the ogre. His profile is too big/advanced. I think he should be more like 3/4 of a cave troll or twice the level of a half troll.

Idk though. Something just seems like its too much with all these trolls around. Can probably do without it.

The werewolf....super op. For 60 points you have a fight 6 4 attack on the charge unit.....no. Maybe take away the rule and give him fiigt 5.
Or id do this....wanna make him really fun?
Make him 75 points
Fight 5 3 attacks and a special rule.
Un-human.
When a werewolf goes down to one wound roll a die. On a 4/5/6 the wound is ignored. This doesnt apply to wounds cause by magic falling other units special rules like knight of the white tower etc.

And as for the goblin mercenaries make them 3 points and keep that rule and youll be good id say.

Everthing else you got there looks good though. Really cool profiles.