All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:27 pm

Post subject: Re: 800 Points - Angmar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Alright, so while I was unable to test my list against Elves or Dwarves, based upon the test games I have had I have come to the following conclusions: I either need more numbers, or Morannons. I think I will be going with the latter, mostly due to one of the test games I played. In that game, I was up against Ringwraith spam. The guy had the Undying on Fell Beast, and 5 more Ringwratihs, all 1/9/0, as well as 36 Mordor Orcs. I was able to dismount him from the fell beast due to Paralyze from the Barrow Wight, and with Spectres pulling off spear support, I was able to do a lot of damage turn one. On subsequent turns I lost my Ringwraith and Shade, but the amount of magic it took for him to do that, along with Transfixing my Dwellers (who made a surprising amount of Resistant to Magic saves) rendered most of his Ringwraiths unusable. By that time we just continued to grind through eachother and the game became very uninteresting. We ruled it my win as I was finally able to get my remaning Dweller into combat (as the Undying used Black Dart to kill one a turn earlier) and rip through his lines, but otherwise had either, or both, of us brought Morranons it would have been a completely different story. My other match that day was versus Harad with a Mumakil. It was my first time ever facing the Mumakil and I had no idea what to do, so inevitably lost. That game did give me experience versus a higher courage army, as the Harad player stacked the Abrakhan title with a horn blower to get Courage 5 (4 under when under the Harbinger of Evil of my Ringwraith), so that, coupled with some very lucky rolls by my opponent, saw not much use out of my Spectres.

there was one other thing I wanted to mention. My regular opponent (who was the one who played the Ringwraith spam) told me that I seam to use my Ringwraith in a more supportive manner rather than an aggressive one, so suggested I instead use the Dark Marshall. I think I will do just that. So with all that in mind i have crafted the following list:

Warband 1: Mordor:
The Dark Marshal on Horse (Leader)
- 12 Morranon Orcs with Shield

Warband 2: Angmar:
Barrow Wight
- 12 Angmar Orcs with Spear

Warband 3: Angmar:
Shade
- 10 Spectres

Warband 4: Moria:
Gundabad Blackshield Shaman
- 2 Dwellers in the Dark

Now despite not getting much use out of the Blackshield Shaman in both games, I am still thinking of using him. If I find he does not provide much, I am likely going to shift to a Blackshield Captain, as he would be more helpful when it comes to the Dwellers, allowing me to call Heroic Moves, Marches, and Combats without having to worry about the poor guy dying too easily. If that is the case, I'd then use the extra points to mount the Ringwraith on an Armored Horse instead.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Well, with the inclusion of Morannons, and the dropping of 2 Spectres, I'd already say this list looks much better. Do you know how to use the Dark Marshal though?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Well, with the inclusion of Morannons, and the dropping of 2 Spectres, I'd already say this list looks much better. Do you know how to use the Dark Marshal though?

Yes. I use him plenty in my Mordor and Easterling forces.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The Morannon Orcs are a definite upgrade to this list. You will want the strength 4 in your list especially when dealing with Dwarves or Gondor. The Dark Marshal will also help with your might. I actually think this list is pretty solid. I would give it another test run.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:22 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Azeral wrote:
The Morannon Orcs are a definite upgrade to this list. You will want the strength 4 in your list especially when dealing with Dwarves or Gondor. The Dark Marshal will also help with your might. I actually think this list is pretty solid. I would give it another test run.

Thanks. I'll probably be trying it out this weekend, though I am not sure how solid the data might be as we are running a siege this weekend, so I might have more points or teammates to calculate into the army's performance. If I can get in another game after that, I definitely will try to.

Oh and there is one mistake with the list above. It has 3 might, not 4. It has 4 if I swap the Shaman for the Captain.