All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:18 am

Post subject: 500 Points Elrond's Household, need advice :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi :) New to the game and need some help with my list. I'm running the Elrond's Household list (500pts) and have the following:

Elrond (Heavy Armour & Horse)
Lindir (Horse)
Rivendell Knight Captain (Shield)
Rivendell Knights x 6 (Shields, 1 Banner)

I've played a few games and am wondering if it's worth dropping the Captain and adding 4 more Knights instead to bulk out the force a bit more ?

Post subject: Re: 500 Points Elrond's Household, need advice :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

definately worth to drop the captain, and even then you are really low on numbers with elrond in there.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:09 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well lets see

elrond is good at everything on your list, hes a powerfull fighter and a nice caster, hes definitely usefull when casting nature´s wrath where your low count army might need it very much.

Lindir its ok, hes of all heroes the less expensive one although hes not that huge of a fighter.
He does give 2 bonus though
magical resistant to one model with his song
1 free will point to elrond nearby like wizard´s staff, so can be usefull to.
- keep up nature´s wrath and healing
- helps fend off nazgul´s transfix and such, even their will drains wont be as much usefull if after elrond been completly drained, lindir give him 1 extra point.

So you got plenty advantages to get Lindir in the force, you will jsut have to keep him near elrond though...

About the captain would be bad, would be the 2nd best fighter of your force.
He does have lance so hes rather more killy potencial than even elrond itself on the charge.
He also does have elven bow, so if you keep on encircling oponents, even the captain can be usefull at shooting unlike elrond.

The problem of these lists are the following.

if you take elrond you need to maximize your numbers , you will need it very badly.
If you dont take it you can maximize on captains and move cav, overall might be better cause for elrond to be effective he has to cast all spells sucessfull right of the bat and play perfectly since hes so expensive as almost half the army cost (on an elite type of army)
Elrond hes better at magic no doubt, but the responsability to play him right his way way higher not to let you afford many mistakes.

At 500pts if you dont take Elrond I would Suggest.

Warband 1
Rivendell Captain with shield
9 Knights of Rivendell with shield 1

Warband 2
Lindir with heavy armour and on horse
9 knighrs of Rivendell with shield

Not as many meta heroes kind of,but 3x as many knights
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm definitely in favour of dropping the Captain for more Knights. Elrond is very good as both a caster and a capable fighter, pretty tough with D7, W3 and a re-roll on Fate points, and Lindir complements him well, so I'd leave both of those in.

There are also some advantages of having all 10 Knights in the same Warband over splitting them between two. Having all 10 and Elrond certain to be able to deploy together means that from turn one you can really concentrate your kiling power into a small area, hitting a flank of the enemy rather than taking them on army-for-army, and in games that use Reserves, you're guarunteed to get all of your force bar one model (Lindir) into batle on a single roll, which could give you a big advantage. While there is the slight risk that Lindir ends up separated, the high Move stats of these guys should ensure that either reforming or splitting up is easy to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the help guys :) I've ditched the Knight Captain and added the extra Knights instead