All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:27 pm

Post subject: Pillagers of Rohan! Mixed Isenguard army 500 points
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:37 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey Gang! I have a good grasp on my good army, but its taken me forever to think of a Evil army I'd like to play. But I have come up with this Isenguard list and would like some feedback. :boromir

So I've gone for the mixed "Diversity day" Isenguard list.

Mahir

12 Urak-hai Scouts with Shields (upgraded to move 8 )

Dunlend Chieftain with Shield

12 Wild men of Dunlend, 4 with two handed weapon

Sharku on warg with Shield

10 Warg Riders With shield
Frankie the orc with spear

So My first thoughts where that I have no ranged attacks in this army and that may hurt. But perhaps this can be compensated by the fact that I have a good handful of above average movers.

Granted the Dunlenders will have to Lag behind. I don't think it will be so bad and I figure they can march if needed.

I think this list would be fun and utilizes a handful of models that I dont see make it in to many lists. Urak-Hai scouts and Wildmen. Just looking for people thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Pillagers of Rohan! Mixed Isenguard army 500 points
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like your list.

Ummm your warg riders can take bows you know... might do well with that.. except their below average archery skills.

Who's this Frankie the orcses precious?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:29 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well it's certainly a very nicely themed force to pillage Rohan with :)

It's got a good ability to close with the enemy quickly. You may find that the lack of spears or heavy armour isn't great when trying to hack your way through a shield wall. Make sure that you think about flanking the enemy army quickly.

You could add bows to the list but even your full allowance of bows I don't feel would add much, especially as adding them will lower your defence on anyone with a shield.
If you have access to the models using ruffian archers in your dunlend contingent may work quite well.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Youre lacking several things. In a fun game first off....this list is ok. But in anything youre trying to win....especially with any scenarios youre lacking a leader period.

Also your defense is very weak. As opposed to Harad who have a punch with no defense, your only punch is the Marauders. Even the wargs arent too threatening.

Switch the scouts for something stronger, or re tool the whole army. I like the wargs and men of dunland but you need more power.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dior wrote:
I like your list.

Ummm your warg riders can take bows you know... might do well with that.. except their below average archery skills.

Who's this Frankie the orcses precious?

Frankie the orc was just a spear orc.

Gondorian Captain wrote:

You could add bows to the list but even your full allowance of bows I don't feel would add much, especially as adding them will lower your defence on anyone with a shield.
If you have access to the models using ruffian archers in your dunlend contingent may work quite well.

Yes I think that would help a little, It would Give me some bows for ranged fighting. I wouldn't want wargs to be my bowmen as the below average marksmanship and the Defense of 4.

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
Youre lacking several things. In a fun game first off....this list is ok. But in anything youre trying to win....especially with any scenarios youre lacking a leader period.

Also your defense is very weak. As opposed to Harad who have a punch with no defense, your only punch is the Marauders. Even the wargs arent too threatening.

Switch the scouts for something stronger, or re tool the whole army. I like the wargs and men of dunland but you need more power.

Yes I do think I'm am lacking a true leader, Mahir is Solid but there are certainly characters he cannot compete with, I thought about trying to take Thryden Wolfsbane. But I just wasn't sure. Id be ok dropping the scouts but I'm not sure what would bring more power to the list. Do you think I need to find a better character or a change in the infantry.

The two things I know is that I want it to be fairly competitive and I would like to use wildmen.

Ill do up an alternate list and see how I can change things.