All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:50 am

Post subject: Some made up profiles DoS and Helms Deep
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Legolas the Scorned: The profile is to reflect the Prince of Mirkwood after he's found out that Tauriel has a love for Kili, so strong as to chase him down when he leaves Mirkwood.

Pts: 150

F S D A W c m w f
6/3+ 4 4 3 3 7 3 3 3

Wargear: 2 Elven blades and Elf bow
Horse: 10 points

Special Rules:
Unrelenting- Legolas is so worried and frustrated about Tauriel, that he will stop and nothing to get to her. Whilst Tauriel is on the board, Legolas moves 8 inches, and always has priority above all forces for both sides disregarding all other models' rules. Legolas may not use heroic actions that affects any other models.
The Prince of Mirkwood- Legolas is honorable, angered, and above all still represents the house of Thranduil. Thus, nothing will stand in his way of completing his goal. When rolling to wound against any army good or evil other than Wood elves and High Elves, Legolas re rolls 1's.
Deadly Shot-Legolas may fire his bow three times in the shoot phase. He may not take time to use his one automatic bow hit on the board.
Loyalty: Haldirs Elven Reinforcement only follows stand fast and heroic moves of Haldir, and his reinforcement captains.
======================================================
Haldirs Elven Reinforcements: In dire times in middle Earth, alliances do not die.
Pts: 16

Wargear: Heavy wood elf armor, an elven blade, and elven bow.

F s d a w c
6/2+ 3 5 1 1 6

Special Rules:
Only For Purpose: Haldirs Elven Reinforcements may only be in a warband led by Haldir, or a Haldirs Reinforcement Captain.
Fate of the Horburg: Haldir and his Elven attachment have resigned themselves to the fate of Helms Deep and Rohan, and are thus, ready to die. All of Haldirs Reinforcements automatically pass all courage tests.
Rain of Arrows: Haldirs reinforcements have no bow limit.
--------------------------------------------------
Captain of Haldirs Reinforcement:

F s d a w c
6/2+ 3 6 2 2 6

Pts: 75

Same profile rules as reinforcements, except all Haldirs Reinforcements within 3 inches of the captain count as being within range of a banner.

FORCE RULE: You may spend no more than 50% of your forces points on Haldirs contingent.

======================================================

Wretched Berserker: Sometimes among Sarumans minions, a special, darker, stronger type of evil is bred. Sometimes, even among this darkness, a leader is born.

Pts: 70

F S D A W C M W F
6/ 4 6 3 2 7 1 0 1

The Wretched Berserker may lead a warband, with the exception that it can only lead a warband consisting of Berserkers, Feral Uruk Hai, and Uruk Hai Engineers(same profile as base uruk hai).

More to come.

Last edited by LordoftheBrownRing on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Some made up profiles DoS and Helms Deep
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:51 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

...no...too OP.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I agree these are OP, particularly Haldir's Elves. The Crack Shot and Rain of Arrows rules are ridiculous in my opinion. Although I understand they're house rules.

It sort of then became a Hobbit
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

How many points do they have to be? I removed some stuff from Legolas, and removed the crack shot rule and the fate test thing.

In addition I added 15 pts to Lego.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I guess I just don't understand why Haldir's elves would be fight 6/2+? Haldir himself doesn't hit on a 2+ with his bow, in fact only a handful of unique heroes can. In a similar vein, Haldir is only wearing elven armor, not "heavy elven armor." The elves who Haldir brought were Galadrim, so we already have a profile for them.

Next, if you did want to come up with a house rule for them, they should have Woodland Creature, and the captain should be a hero. Not being a hero, he is utterly terrible since a Galadrim warrior with a banner is less than half the price as your captain.

The Uruk hero you made is similarly strange, as why would it need to be f6? I guess it is priced correctly, but its profile is way out of line with the rest of the Uruk heroes.

My largest issue however is legolas. For 160pts you get Legolas on horseback, who gets 5 attacks on the charge, can never be counter charged as he always goes before everyone else, and if he wins combat he gets 10 strikes, rerolling 1's...

Since Tauriel is already a very powerful hero, he and her together would be an incredible combination that just doesn't make sense. That's really my issue with all these profiles, they don't seem to make any sense with the rest of the profiles. Perhaps if all good models were buffed to appear as they are in the movies and books, but fitting into the SBG line now, these models do not.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

These are all:
A: Very powerful
B: Un-necessary. Legolas is the best model in the game anyway, he needs to buffs. Similarly the Haldir elves have profiles, and these custom ones are just too good - they seem so good that using them would suck out all fun from the game :/
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I agree on these being very OP so much that points values don't matter. It simply wouldn't be enjoyable to play against them

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:36 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Tezzy wrote:
I guess I just don't understand why Haldir's elves would be fight 6/2+? Haldir himself doesn't hit on a 2+ with his bow, in fact only a handful of unique heroes can. In a similar vein, Haldir is only wearing elven armor, not "heavy elven armor." The elves who Haldir brought were Galadrim, so we already have a profile for them.

Next, if you did want to come up with a house rule for them, they should have Woodland Creature, and the captain should be a hero. Not being a hero, he is utterly terrible since a Galadrim warrior with a banner is less than half the price as your captain.

The Uruk hero you made is similarly strange, as why would it need to be f6? I guess it is priced correctly, but its profile is way out of line with the rest of the Uruk heroes.

My largest issue however is legolas. For 160pts you get Legolas on horseback, who gets 5 attacks on the charge, can never be counter charged as he always goes before everyone else, and if he wins combat he gets 10 strikes, rerolling 1's...

Since Tauriel is already a very powerful hero, he and her together would be an incredible combination that just doesn't make sense. That's really my issue with all these profiles, they don't seem to make any sense with the rest of the profiles. Perhaps if all good models were buffed to appear as they are in the movies and books, but fitting into the SBG line now, these models do not.

Damn I just got owned. Well OK now I understand more. I didn't even think about the horse thing I just moved it over. And the elves well thranduil has elves that hit on 2+.

In general the elves were designed for a helms deep scenario where good guys have like 1000 pts bad guys 2000 or more

Oh well I tried. This was just a quick write up looking for more ideas. Now I know how to build profiles better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

JamesR wrote:
I agree on these being very OP so much that points values don't matter. It simply wouldn't be enjoyable to play against them

I wouldn't mind having a force of uruk hai and having like 1000 points against 350 worth of those elves and seeing how I could destroy them.